Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They'll probably have to Americanize Black Panther for the character to be a success :manny:, kinda explains why Reginald Hudlin was allowed to write the stuff that he ended up writing back in 2005. The series he wrote(reboot of the character) was quite clearly meant to be a template for a film. Quite a few characters were getting "reboots" in the comics at the time. Iron Man got one(Extremis) around the same time and they used a lot from it for the 2008 film. The Guardians of The Galaxy movie is based on the 2008 reboot series as well. Hudlin's series was pretty much a Blaxploitation something that Blade films weren't. I don't think they foresaw the explosion of the foreign box office or their studio becoming as big as it has become and being bought by the mouse. A Black Panther movie cannot appeal to just one type of demographic for it to be a success it has to have cross demographic appeal. Continuing, how much Norse culture is present with Thor?, how much Russian culture was present with Black Widow?, not a lot and only in name only, both characters were Americanized just like most heroes.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
They'll probably have to Americanize Black Panther for the character to be a success :manny:, kinda explains why Reginald Hudlin was allowed to write the stuff that he ended up writing back in 2005. The series he wrote(reboot of the character) was quite clearly meant to be a template for a film. Quite a few characters were getting "reboots" in the comics at the time. Iron Man got one(Extremis) around the same time and they used a lot from it for the 2008 film. The Guardians of The Galaxy movie is based on the 2008 reboot series as well. Hudlin's series was pretty much a Blaxploitation something that Blade films weren't. I don't think they foresaw the explosion of the foreign box office or their studio becoming as big as it has become and being bought by the mouse. A Black Panther movie cannot appeal to just one type of demographic for it to be a success it has to have cross demographic appeal. Continuing, how much Norse culture is present with Thor?, how much Russian culture was present with Black Widow?, not a lot and only in name only, both characters were Americanized just like most heroes.
Yup. Dude's need to realize that in order for this movie to happen, they gotta change some shyt. They're not gonna please everybody, but they gotta do what can if they want the film to bank and be able to do more sequels. They've changed stuff in the other Marvel films, so why not Black Panther?

And as for the concept art. It looks dope, but I'm not diggin the Egyptian style theme in some of those. It makes me think that if Marvel was to go with something like that, they'll switch up some shyt and throw some sand nikkas and whites in there like they've been doing in a lot of the Egypt style films nowadays. Hell, they've made Idris a Norse god.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Do you really think they care about racism over money? Why did the Jews green lit the Passion of The Christ?

:snoop: There are roughly 223,553,265 white Americans , 38,929,319 African Americans , 14,674,252 Asian Americans, if you were in a business just eyeballing those numbers who would you aim to please the most? You believe those 223 million cacs are trying to see a BP movie when you also consider that majority of those cacs live in those square states? Even if the jews aren't being racist their just garnering to the majority (which in turn seems like racism because they are not including the minorities concerns when putting out flicks).

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Hudlin didn't do anything different from what was in previous Black Panther books besides that run being garbage

That was actually the run that he was in Wakanda the most

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yup. Dude's need to realize that in order for this movie to happen, they gotta change some shyt. They're not gonna please everybody, but they gotta do what can if they want the film to bank and be able to do more sequels. They've changed stuff in the other Marvel films, so why not Black Panther?

And as for the concept art. It looks dope, but I'm not diggin the Egyptian style theme in some of those. It makes me think that if Marvel was to go with something like that, they'll switch up some shyt and throw some sand nikkas and whites in there like they've been doing in a lot of the Egypt style films nowadays. Hell, they've made Idris a Norse god.

Character needs a reboot in the comics first to provide a possible basis for a film, before talk of any sort of movie in my opinion.

Hudlin didn't do anything different from what was in previous Black Panther books besides that run being garbage

That was actually the run that he was in Wakanda the most

:upsetfavre:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
RIP Chadwick. Wish they would’ve recasted BP though. A lot of black actors that could’ve used that. Breh who played Black Manta and was in The Get Up would do Boseman right in the role.

I still think they will do that. I think they just gonna let it breath a little in BP2. But I think Tchalla comes back in a third BP and future team up movies.

The character is just tooo damn popular and has a powerful following.