Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to figure out how they can get the X-men/Spider-man/Fantastic Four rights back.

An X-men movie where characters besides Wolverine are actually relevant with crossovers from the other heroes :blessed:

On a side note, Mandela was a good movie. I was glad to be able to go see and support it. :salute:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
but Thor was made

:dwillhuh:

I'm not a heavy comic reader but what does "Thor" have to do with "Black Panther" ? . Isn't "Thor" borrowed from Norse Mythology?

SO People want to see slave movies over black super heroes movies....He's trying to save the earth as well

Hollywood = Business, largest amount of moviegoers are white. Alot of white people especially in the Midwest/Square states, best way to make money is target them and appeal to their interests, a black superhero with sufficient means and a regal background is not appealing to white folks. Bottomline "BP" will be shelved till someone else can somehow find a way to make black superheroes "cool" and highely profitable before "BP' can come out.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Storm is the most popular female character in Marvel..with multiple and endless appearances on cartoons and movies. All of that made money...when the X-Men was saved by Chris Claremont's writing originally back in the 70s, Storm was pushed hard by Claremont and was his key female character. That sold huge. By the 90s, they were selling comics in the millions, which is why the show was on Fox in the first place. All of this crazy zaniness about fans not wanting to see something Black prosper is a silly rationalization. White people are historically greedy and selfish..thieves above all. The color thing doesn't work for film and marketing...heroes are about kids and shyt. Unless you are a zealot and think that 80% of White America is teaching their kids hate week in and week out in those cute little household upbringings.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Storm is the most popular female character in Marvel..with multiple and endless appearances on cartoons and movies. All of that made money...when the X-Men was saved by Chris Claremont's writing originally back in the 70s, Storm was pushed hard by Claremont and was his key female character. That sold huge. By the 90s, they were selling comics in the millions, which is why the show was on Fox in the first place. All of this crazy zaniness about fans not wanting to see something Black prosper is a silly rationalization. White people are historically greedy and selfish..thieves above all. The color thing doesn't work for film and marketing...heroes are about kids and shyt. Unless you are a zealot and think that 80% of White America is teaching their kids hate week in and week out in those cute little household upbringings.

How so? You watch TV i assume,you watch the news. How many positive stories do you see involving black people? The bias exists and will exist in the media. I'm not saying white people are huddling their kids together and saying " Hey, darkies are evil" but since we know America is heavily influenced by tv/media ppl begin to attach certain roles with certain races. This might not a big issue in the east/west coasts where white folks intermingle with other races but the midwest/square states where whiteness is being preserved and where alot of money goes towards goes movies/entertainment, changing certain "norms" and expecting those audiences to be okay with that is naive. Just look at how interracial scenes/relationships (black man - white woman) in movies/tv are received by viewers, that'll tell you all you need about the current climate.

EDIT: And your point about Storm is kinda off because America is entertained and less threatened by strong black females ( Scandal etc) but very threatened by a strong black male.

Last edited:

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Why do an Ant Man movie after Ultron? Unless they introduce him in Avengers 2, his character would seem unnecessary.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
How so? You watch TV i assume,you watch the news. How many positive stories do you see involving black people? The bias exists and will exist in the media. I'm not saying white people are huddling their kids together and saying " Hey, darkies are evil" but since we know America is heavily influenced by tv/media ppl begin to attach certain roles with certain races. This might not a big issue in the east/west coasts where white folks intermingle with other races but the midwest/square states where whiteness is being preserved and where alot of money goes towards goes movies/entertainment, changing certain "norms" and expecting those audiences to be okay with that is naive. Just look at how interracial scenes/relationships (black man - white woman) in movies/tv are received by viewers, that'll tell you all you need about the current climate.

I don't watch TV all that much these days, I'm afraid. I watch wrestling..sports...SOMETIMES Sportscenter and late night re runs of Married with Children/Seinfeld/SVU...I accidentally watched that show with the girl who played Supergirl on Smallville called "Bitten". I have access to anything else on my phone or by downloading.

As for reaction to current interracial scenes or anything? I don't read reviews and I haven't watched all that much TV over the last 3 years. If it wasn't for Twitter and Youtube, I wouldn't have even known what the big deal was with what Sherman from the Seahawks said.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think the BP's best bet is for him to be the perceived villain in Cap America 3. Introduce him that way like they did in that BET animated BP cartoon. Work that angle where they end up helping each other somehow against whoever the real villain would be.

I think Guardians/Antman can do the same box office that Cap 1 & The Hulk did. Not Iron Man money but still a big success...

That would have been my suggestion to however, however The Winter Soldier is already doing that angle in Captain America 2.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I don't watch TV all that much these days, I'm afraid. I watch wrestling..sports...SOMETIMES Sportscenter and late night re runs of Married with Children/Seinfeld/SVU...I accidentally watched that show with the girl who played Supergirl on Smallville called "Bitten". I have access to anything else on my phone or by downloading.

As for reaction to current interracial scenes or anything? I don't read reviews and I haven't watched all that much TV over the last 3 years. If it wasn't for Twitter and Youtube, I wouldn't have even known what the big deal was with what Sherman from the Seahawks said.

You are doing yourself a big favor by not watching TV, its very formulaic and rife with bias. I can see where you were coming from in your previous post because you've intellectualized the issue on your own, unfortunately the large portion of those who watch tv just take it in without much analysis and after thought.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Money is what this ultimately comes down to, Marvel don't want to take the risk at this moment in time, they definitely don't want their first minority superhero film to flop or it to turnout like Blade 3.

The problem is that there haven't been a lot of films of this type, that haven't had a "star", I cant think of any big budget film with a black lead that hasn't starred Will Smith, I'm talking about a budget that's $150M+ so that will make the execs even more cautious to finance and make the film in addition to the large black supporting cast(do they do a Django and have the character surrounded by whites and a few black supporting characters to be "safe", you're already looking at controversy there, you can get away with that in a teamup film but in a solo?).Thor was filled with Oscar winning and flavour of the month actors and based on a mythological character. Marvel aren't interested in "small", "Standalone stories", "low budget" films, that's what the one shots are there for. Guardians of The Galaxy is simply another movie with a "white" lead which is the norm of the majority Hollywood movies, especially the big budget one's, that's as safe as you can get. It also comes down to other things like will there be enough toy units and mini sets to sell?, will enough toy units be sold?, will the merchanidse sales be high?, will tie-in promoters and investors be attracted to the character and film and so on. It's the same with female superheroes films.

Also Hollywood is run by a bunch of people who see the white demorgraphic as their main audience to cater to both domestically and Internationally, after domestic the money comes in from Europe(Russia, France, Germany, U.K, Italy) the demo's are primarily "white" then followed by Asia and Latin America. Furthermore the Hollywood movies that make $$$$$$ in Asia and Latin America tend to either be big budget sfx driven blockbusters e.g. Avatar, Transformers, The Avengers, Iron Man etc, something "black" movies aren't or led by a world "star" e.g. Depp, Smith, Di Caprio, Pitt etc.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They need to figure out how they can get the X-men/Spider-man/Fantastic Four rights back.

An X-men movie where characters besides Wolverine are actually relevant with crossovers from the other heroes :blessed:

On a side note, Mandela was a good movie. I was glad to be able to go see and support it. :salute:

Not gonna happen breh. Fox and Sony are in no way shape or form going to give up on cash cows

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You are doing yourself a big favor by not watching TV, its very formulaic and rife with bias. I can see where you were coming from in your previous post because you've intellectualized the issue on your own, unfortunately the large portion of those who watch tv just take it in without much analysis and after thought.

I got these 46 inch HDTVs and I don't even watch the motherfukkers really:laugh: lol. I play catch up with damn near everything on my phone anyway since I can download 3.5mb and shyt.

But I'll tell you this...they had a show called Pregant at 16 on MTV that was in the background while I was encoding and doing screen make outs a few weeks ago...what a INSUFFERABLY bad fukking show that is. And it's not bad because of the premise...it's the girls/dudes on there and the idiocy they speak with. I was laughing so hard with how dumb they were..some of them were kind of pretty but EVEN then, you shouldn't be that out of touch with sense and progression at 16. At 16, my Economics teacher straight up accused of plagiarism because she didn't believe I was capable of writing a paper like that. lol. I have always got a good kick out of everyday behavior and the justifications of certain people. I despise MTV and BET these days. What a shame.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'd argue that it was confusing more so than laughable although I agree it didn't look good. But again, it was just confusing. There may be an Ant Man teaser coming in something who knows but yeah I don't think they're going to kill box office wise and hopefully they aren't buying the hype of the fanboys online who can't wait to see it
I will actually be shocked if they are successful on the same level as Marvel's other more interconnected efforts.
I think that Marvel dropped the ball by not having any stingers with the Guardians or Ant Man in the last couple movies.
That after-credits scene with The Collector in Thor 2 was terrible and mainly got laughed at by the majority of the people in the movie theater I was in.

What exactly was going on there? I have no idea

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I'm not a heavy comic reader but what does "Thor" have to do with "Black Panther" ? . Isn't "Thor" borrowed from Norse Mythology?

Hollywood = Business, largest amount of moviegoers are white. Alot of white people especially in the Midwest/Square states, best way to make money is target them and appeal to their interests, a black superhero with sufficient means and a regal background is not appealing to white folks. Bottomline "BP" will be shelved till someone else can somehow find a way to make black superheroes "cool" and highely profitable before "BP' can come out.
Money is what this ultimately comes down to, Marvel don't want to take the risk at this moment in time, they definitely don't want their first minority superhero film to flop or it to turnout like Blade 3.

First off I want to say I could care less if a BP movie gets made, but I do understand why it needs to happen..... But at the same time I am more impressed with seeing the John stewart GL being used in the JL movie because there are white GL's that are just as if not more popular............

But Blade 1&2 were successful, thats how we got to 3 anyway... What I dont get is why would they act like that didnt happen?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are yall really surprised?...marvel said their plan awhile ago and bp wasn't included in it....at this point, the best I think bp gonna get is a guest spot in the tv show or in a couple movies...