Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What exactly was going on there? I have no idea

From what I can gather and I'm not an expert on this shyt but lady sif and the big guy were delivering the Aether to the collector who is the main villain in guardians and that leads into the guardians movie

Last edited:

krexzen

All Star
Daps
What exactly was going on there? I have no idea

I haven't read comics in years, so I might be off. I think they were giving the Aether to the Collector to keep the stones separate (the Asgardians kept the Tesseract) and in a presumably safe and unknown place. They also obviously wanted to introduce the Collector who will most likely be in Future movies.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think Phase II is the absolute peak of what Marvel will achieve with this current MCU. Cap looks good, Guardians will sell enough due to the Rocket Racc00n character appealing to kids, etc.. and of course Avengers 2 will make a ton but after that Downey is probably as good as gone.. He's the major draw as Stark.

I'm thinking Ant Man is where they fukk up and oversaturate the market. Phase III has the potential to be :flabbynsick:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I think Phase II is the absolute peak of what Marvel will achieve with this current MCU. Cap looks good, Guardians will sell enough due to the Rocket Racc00n character appealing to kids, etc.. and of course Avengers 2 will make a ton but after that Downey is probably as good as gone.. He's the major draw as Stark.

I'm thinking Ant Man is where they fukk up and oversaturate the market. Phase III has the potential to be :flabbynsick:
Seriously, who gives a shyt about ant man?:what: I know Iron man wasnt that popular before the movies, but damn, cant they think of anybody else? he was easily the i dont give a fukk about him character in the avengers cartoon.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
African or African American markets? Either way there is no money in that. Alot of Hollywood dough comes from the Midwest/Square States which are highely populated with white folks. Now in order to get them to the cinema you gotta appeal to them, appeal to their desires, appeal to their sense of imagination. Cause you know alot of these folks have shytty 9 to 5's and they aint tryna go to the movies and see a black guy save the world, smash a white woman or somehow outsmart a white man.

But everybody else (the other races) has to work shytty 9 to 5's too, and then go to movies on the weekend and see the white guy save the world, smash the sexy women and somehow outsmart the black/arab/indian/hispanic/asian man.

What is it with white people? Why do you think you're better than everybody else? Why is it that Asians, Indians, Arabs, Blacks and Hispanics have to watch movies starring you but, you are too good to watch movies starring us? We have to sit through Avatar and Man of Steel and Thor but, god forbid you watch one movie starring a black person or a chinese person.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
But everybody else (the other races) has to work shytty 9 to 5's too, and then go to movies on the weekend and see the white guy save the world, smash the sexy women and somehow outsmart the black/arab/indian/hispanic/asian man.

What is it with white people? Why do you think you're better than everybody else? Why is it that Asians, Indians, Arabs, Blacks and Hispanics have to watch movies starring you but, you are too good to watch movies starring us? We have to sit through Avatar and Man of Steel and Thor but, god forbid you watch one movie starring a black person or a chinese person.

:whoa: Breh, i'm African.

And to answer your question i have to ask you another question....who developed hollywood? Who are the ones running it? White people right, so why are you seeking validation from them? Why do you want them to show YOU a better version of YOU? Stop looking at hollywood as the apex and stop expecting them to cater to you that only leads to more frustration. Look i get what you're saying from a personal stand point its wack that i cannot relate to alot of movies/shows but from a financial standpoint i understand why that is. There are roughly 223,553,265 white Americans , 38,929,319 African Americans , 14,674,252 Asian Americans, if you were in a business just eyeballing those numbers who would you aim to please the most? What group would most likely give you the most return on your investment? Its a money making business man.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:whoa: Breh, i'm African.

And to answer your question i have to ask you another question....who developed hollywood? Who are the ones running it? White people right, so why are you seeking validation from them? Why do you want them to show YOU a better version of YOU? Stop looking at hollywood as the apex and stop expecting them to cater to you that only leads to more frustration. Look i get what you're saying from a personal stand point its wack that i cannot relate to alot of movies/shows but from a financial standpoint i understand why that is. There are roughly 223,553,265 white Americans , 38,929,319 African Americans , 14,674,252 Asian Americans, if you were in a business just eyeballing those numbers who would you aim to please the most? What group would most likely give you the most return on your investment? Its a money making business man.

Okay. If you want to go that route, I agree. I can't argue with the numbers.

If Hollywood doesn't want to cater to the other races because we have lesser numbers in the Western world, then Hollywood should just focus on white movies 100%. Make movies for them. Leave the other stories alone. Don't make movies like 47 Ronin (asians) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Troy/Immortals/300 (southern europeans/Mediterranean) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Prince of Persia (arabs) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Exodus/Gods of Egypt (africans) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Dragonball Z (asians) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Avatar: The Last Airbender (asians) and cast white people. If you say you only want to target white consumers, then film stories/legends/folklore about white people and leave the stories involving other races alone. I can live with Marvel not doing Black Panther. What I can't live with is Hollywood saying "nobody wants to see this [black/asian/arab] movie" :whoa: then you turn around 6 months later and they're doing that same exact film but, with white faces.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Okay. If you want to go that route, I agree. I can't argue with the numbers.

If Hollywood doesn't want to cater to the other races because we have lesser numbers in the Western world, then Hollywood should just focus on white movies 100%. Make movies for them. Leave the other stories alone. Don't make movies like 47 Ronin (asians) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Troy/Immortals/300 (southern europeans/Mediterranean) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Prince of Persia (arabs) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Exodus/Gods of Egypt (africans) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Dragonball Z (asians) and cast white people. Don't make movies like Avatar: The Last Airbender (asians) and cast white people. If you say you only want to target white consumers, then film stories/legends/folklore about white people and leave the stories involving other races alone. I can live with Marvel not doing Black Panther. What I can't live with is Hollywood saying "nobody wants to see this [black/asian/arab] movie" :whoa: then you turn around 6 months later and they're doing that same exact film but, with white faces.

One of the first things to go when a company starts doing supremely well is imagination, you begin seeing less innovation and more rehashed or borrowed ideas. Hollywood is the equivalent of the finest girl at a school surrounded by a bunch of nerds who are willing to do her homework for her and let her get the credit just so that she can look their way. Writers, producers are willing to sell those notable movies you've listed ( the ones that have Intellectual Property rights anyway) initially because they think that Hollywood will be true to their version of it. What happens tho is Hollywood calls you one night and is like

Hollywood
- "Ayyy Prince of Persia, love the idea, love the setting, but look we need a big name to be attached to this movie....im thinking Jake Gylenhall.
POP : :dwillhuh: "But he doesn't even resemble the character i wrote?"
Hollywood : Well, do you want this movie made? Either we get Jake or this flick won't see the light of day.
POP: :to: alright, Jake it is.

And then Hollywood casts an all white group and steals the story and theme, twists the basic premise and even adds their own notions into it and voila *brand spanking new movie with added whiteness* :yeshrug: Nowadays people would rather a butchered version of their works is seen by millions than have an authentic version seen by few.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why do an Ant Man movie after Ultron? Unless they introduce him in Avengers 2, his character would seem unnecessary.
They're not linking Pym to Ultron in the movies. Ultron is going to be some type of derivative of Jarvis.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Like Jazzy B said, I think Marvel's wary of touching BP for fear of mishandling it. I mean, do you keep the name, which is connected at the hip to the activist group? Do you change the appearance of Wakandans in order to make them look less tribal, and less stereotypical/offensive? Can you find a good lead who's a big enough draw? Will the general audience and the fans go along with whatever changes you eventually make, chief among them being the fact that you'll probably need to avoid calling your movie 'Black Panther' in the age of political correctness? Most importantly (to Marvel), will you be able to make a significant profit off of a film which will definitely cost a good deal of money, and is a HUGE risk.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I'm not a heavy comic reader but what does "Thor" have to do with "Black Panther" ? . Isn't "Thor" borrowed from Norse Mythology?
Im talking about in terms of creating a world with advance technology. Thats not a good excuse.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like Jazzy B said, I think Marvel's wary of touching BP for fear of mishandling it. I mean, do you keep the name, which is connected at the hip to the activist group? Do you change the appearance of Wakandans in order to make them look less tribal, and less stereotypical/offensive? Can you find a good lead who's a big enough draw? Will the general audience and the fans go along with whatever changes you eventually make, chief among them being the fact that you'll probably need to avoid calling your movie 'Black Panther' in the age of political correctness? Most importantly (to Marvel), will you be able to make a significant profit off of a film which will definitely cost a good deal of money, and is a HUGE risk.

black man (wesley snipes) started this whole shyt. i wouldn't be surprised if black panther sold more than all of these franchises except ironman. hollywood always underestimates the power of a black superhero film.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Im talking about in terms of creating a world with advance technology. Thats not a good excuse.

No doubt, the excuse was an euphimism breh, he just didn't want to get caught saying " look, white people do not want to see a technological advanced African country and a strong black male lead supported by other strong black characters".