Marvel's Phase 3 Plans Don't Include Black Panther

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk those pics. That shyt does not look anything like Wakunda. As most things in the world black people get not kind of respect when it comes to influence in these Marvel movies. All these muthafukkas need to kiss Wesley Snipes ass for making Blade a success and jump starting this whole comic book movie craze.
http://www.clickonline.com/movies/feature--why-blade-is-the-most-important-marvel-movie-ever/22304/

Yet we can't even get a follow up with BP.
i've been saying that for years, breh :snoop:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:laugh: @ people getting mad at those concept pics. Beggars can never be choosers, ya'll hoping they make a BP movie but its gotta a pure representation of what BP is about and at the same time single handedly raise the Black man by showing the world a fictional world where the Black man is doing supremely better than his white counterpart all while set in fictional country in Africa :mjlol: Do i keep having to remind you brehs who hollywood is run by? Seriously at this point we need to shut the fukk up about BP because they'll give it the "Thor/ new Fantastic 4/" treatment and have a white lead just so they can be like "
317683PACWOAH.png
chill, so its cool that we can put Idris in Thor and Wallace in Fantastic 4 but when we want to take some artistic liberty and make BP white ya'll trippin? i guess we know who the real racists are :mjpls:"

tr2k

All Star
Daps
:laugh: @ people getting mad at those concept pics. Beggars can never be choosers, ya'll hoping they make a BP movie but its gotta a pure representation of what BP is about and at the same time single handedly raise the Black man by showing the world a fictional world where the Black man is doing supremely better than his white counterpart all while set in fictional country in Africa :mjlol: Do i keep having to remind you brehs who hollywood is run by? Seriously at this point we need to shut the fukk up about BP because they'll give it the "Thor/ new Fantastic 4/" treatment and have a white lead just so they can be like "
317683PACWOAH.png
chill, so its cool that we can put Idris in Thor and Wallace in Fantastic 4 but when we want to take some artistic liberty and make BP white ya'll trippin? i guess we know who the real racists are :mjpls:"
Those pics werent even directly suppose to represent Black Panther at all. It was just for the article because the author thinks it would be cool if Wakanda was similar to those pics he posted.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Those pics werent even directly suppose to represent Black Panther at all. It was just for the article because the author thinks it would be cool if Wakanda was similar to those pics he posted.

I know. And even if those were indeed BP concept pics or a blueprint from where the world was to built up from, dudes would still be up in arms in this thread, throwing fits and shyt as if hollywood is :ohhh: at their concerns. We should be so lucky that hollywood hasn't felt the need to be extra petty about the BP franchise and set it up for failure and hit then hit the audience with ":ufdup: after dissappointing low sales we've felt the need to go a different direction for BP" and either use a cac for a lead or just throw the franchise in the bushes. I feel i keep repeating myself, who runs hollywood again tho?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
BP really not as popular as some may think:yeshrug:
was hawkeye or antman? :mjpls: does the average movie goer even know or care who the fukk the guardians of the galaxy is or are? but they found a way to introduce all these things into the marvel cinematic universe.Get out of here with that shyt, this stuff they are pulling with BP can only be viewed as blatant racism :camby:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
317683PACWOAH.png
Do you really think they care about racism over money? Why did the Jews green lit the Passion of The Christ?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
They still remember how people reacted to After Earth, not to mention Hancock (the last most recent black super hero movie).

People gotta get out and support these movies whether or not they truly like them or hate them. Let's not act like Hollywood don't take this into consideration

Hancock did fine. It was a critical failure but Will carried that to a mighty profit.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hancock.htm
4RIZfV2.png

Here is Captain America 1....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=captainamerica.htm
mu4wp42.png

and Thor 1....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thor.htm
LoiSOY1.png

for comparison.

Of course, Will was the biggest star in the world at that point, not to mention how different BP is from Hancock. Marvel will have to knock BP out the fukking park, I don't think anyone denies that. But it *can* be done.

Honestly, my biggest concern/question/wonder right now is....where the hell is BP going to fit into this universe? They have blown every single chance to actually introduce Wakanda up until this point (I think they showed it on a map or something in one of the Ironman films as an easter egg but that's it)....they shoulda been acquainting audiences to the idea that in the MCU, a powerful African nation by the name of Wakanda exist, that Captain Americans shield comes from a precious metal found there, etc.

And isn't this Infinity Gem shyt about to kick off in Avengers 3? And isn't that like, the holy grail that geeks have been waiting for? BP is about to miss all the good stuff.

I'm not a comic reader, but from what I understand, Black Panther actually has more storylines involving FF and Doom/Latveria than he does with this Avengers stuff (Correct me if I'm wrong). I kinda feel like we'd (people who want a BP movie) be better off if Fox owned the franchise. I know niccas love them some Marvel...but imagine if Fox was competent, and they had their own mash-up...X-Men/Fantastic Four/DOOM/Black Panther....:ehh: I'm getting off on a silly tangent at this point, just an idea I had....:yeshrug:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
black man (wesley snipes) started this whole shyt. i wouldn't be surprised if black panther sold more than all of these franchises except ironman. hollywood always underestimates the power of a black superhero film.

Too bad though for Snipes he doesn't get the credit he deserves on how much he put into the first 2 Blade movies. Even before he did the roll he was pretty big star so essentially for the first movie it was his name that brought people into theaters to see it. Snipes brought his martial arts/stunt team, as well designed some of the weapons that Blade used. We can't forget how Snipes gave Blade his Bladeness. After all his hard work and dedication to the characters Hollywood/Goyer tries to screw him over. Then once Blade Tragedy flops then Snipes is the blame but not the guy that wrote the sh!tty script and directed it. He gets all the praises and moves on too bigger pay checks. While Snipes is blackballed. Hopefully he can make a comeback after this Expendables 3 role and get away from them direct dvd flicks. But we will see if Hollywood will continue to shun him.

I'm glad y'all brought this up, the way they did Blade was foul...people seem to forget that it was the Jessica Biel/Ryan Reynolds "Nightstalkers" crap that ruined the third film. It was clear that they were trying to recreate the chemistry he had with the Bloodpack in Blade 2, but it never really felt right and most people felt like it should have just been Blade versus Dracula without all the extra characters.

I remember reports at the time saying that they were trying to spin off a Nightstalkers film on it's own....trying to use the homie Wesley to give those lames their own series....:smh:

From a box-office perspective, it's funny. Blade's international gross was actually pretty strong. What shrunk was it's domestic gross from 2 to 3. Likely because of how poorly it was rated.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=blade.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=blade2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=blade3.htm

These films were R-Rated mind you.

If Marvel ever goes back to "lower powered", street-level heroes, Blade needs to be first in line, ahead of Punisher, ahead of Daredevil....:yes:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I'm not a comic reader, but from what I understand, Black Panther actually has more storylines involving FF and Doom/Latveria than he does with this Avengers stuff (Correct me if I'm wrong). I kinda feel like we'd (people who want a BP movie) be better off if Fox owned the franchise. I know niccas love them some Marvel...but imagine if Fox was competent, and they had their own mash-up...X-Men/Fantastic Four/DOOM/Black Panther....:ehh: I'm getting off on a silly tangent at this point, just an idea I had....:yeshrug:

That's pretty much true, yeah. I think he even debuted in Fantastic Four. Dunno which issue it was though. He was actually one of the earliest members of the Avengers (way before Black Widow) too, which, I think, is one of the reasons a lot of people are arguing he should've been at least mentioned by now.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see a POC-led Marvel film. It's looking more and more like sidekicks are all we're gonna get from them :dry: