Latveria

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Just came from my 2nd viewing

I hate to even do this but here goes:

Vol 2 is either in the top 3 Marvel movies ever made up to this point OR it's in a complete class by itself and at the top of the leaderboard for everything that will follow.

It's the right mix of story, action, and sci-fi (both serious and goofy) packaged by Marvel. They really do know what they are doing over there it's not even funny.

And for folks who say these movies have too much comedy or is too lighthearted

the amount of bodies that Rocket and Yondu caught throughout was insane.

Rocket was portrayed as the badass that he is in the books and I could not be happier

This.

If the conclusion of civil war and winter soldier just were not actually epic real film making.
Where I had to honestly review those as real spy action movies.
I would go out on a limb and say this is the actual best marvel film to date.
This movies rocks harder than any marvel movie ever made and estsblishes what a marvel movie and their character feels like.
I really felt this was a comic and I do not and never liked any celestial shyt past my giant size warlock.
Which does not even count cause I was not at a cognitive age to properly understand past the splash pages of Adam warlock flying in space.

This movie really does an incredible global take on the entire marvel experience and shows the magic that every marvel character has in creation.
that when written well and done right could easily become a favorite defining experience.

Incredible job in a day and age.
when marvel dropped the ball and really never figured it out after Jim shooter's death legit.

This was a return to form and felt like a marvel comic.
from when I became cognitive as a kid and why I collected comics.
till I was at least twenty three years old. For at least a twenty year career being immersed in comics.

Great reward for any comic book fan of any type.

Art Barr

Review : I am groot!!

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The thing is the whole argument this article is trying to make is kinda not even true

How connected were movies like Winter Soldier, Thor 2 or even Iron Man 3 to the larger narrative?

GOTG 2 also referenced Thanos and the stones more than the average marvel movies

He's saying that going forward, more movies from the studio will have to follow the path of those movies, but specifically guardians' focus on the voice of the filmmaker.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goddamn.
The last 20-30 Minutes had me :mjcry: with Yondu and Peter defeating Ego. The way Gunn did just really brought that Movie UP for. It just really Worked with the situation of Peter not knowing his Father and all that.:mjcry: I'm actually pretty glad that I barely watched every TV Spot and Trailer multiple times, it made every really fresh and surprising.:mjgrin: Adam Warlock coming soon. All this Family Talk and the reveal of the Original GOTG too with Sly Stallone also makes me wonder if Infinity War is going to collect some actual Bodies from both Earth and Space. Great Movie, of course not better than the 1st but not by much.:gladbron:
Man, they had me :fire: for how they were disrespecting Baby Groot like that. Teenage Years Groot is going to be Hilarious, I hope he pops up in Infinity War.
I guess having daddy issues maybe makes this movie more relevant perhaps to some ? I know yo me I was like :mjcry: at points . R.I.P.dad

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Explain how you think the first movie is better.
As this movie easily builds upon and bests the first movie and mostly most comic movies ever made except a distinct. few.

Art Barr
I just liked the 1st one more :yeshrug: this is still upper echelon of Marvel movies. I watched the 1st several times, I only seen this one once.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's saying that going forward, more movies from the studio will have to follow the path of those movies, but specifically guardians' focus on the voice of the filmmaker.
Just out of curiosity where do you place this one ? I don't see your review post if uou did one

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just liked the 1st one more :yeshrug: this is still upper echelon of Marvel movies. I watched the 1st several times, I only seen this one once.

If any movie warranted me seeing it in the theatre again.
I would see, ls this again, easy.
This was the best experience I had going to a Thursday premiere.
since I been down south and I am having a hard time really remembering a movie experience where I had this much fun on opening Thursday night.

I should have seen this in Imax 3d, instead of ghost in the shell.

Except I hate Imax 3d but this would have been an exception.

Art barr

Last edited:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
For the brehs on they 2nd viewing......you alreAdy know what im bout to ask lol

Was that Thanos....and could you make out who he was fighting?:feedme:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yooooooooo

The part when Ego casually told Peter that he gave her that brain tumor and Peter started blasting him was :damn:

I've seen a lot of death this yr and it felt good to see that "release" by Peter. That was a VERY powerful scene.

It was incredible and was that moment you really do not get in many marvel comics from my Gen.
That when this happened on screen you could relate and it also provided incredible payback.
Especially the way it had been setup to the reveal.

This whole movie is what film making should be from a Sci fi perspective

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Funny seeing @Soymuscle Mike loving it so much because I'm so bummed out.
GOTG 1 was a breath of fresh air to the MCU but this might be in my bottom 3 MCU films with Thor 2 and Ant-Man.
It looks fantastic but it might be the most boring and uninteresting film I've seen since Ant-Man.

Antman was amazing.
To the point that was one of the most fun experiences watching a movie with my daughter I ever had that rank up there with father/daughter viewings of raiders and empire.

To the point the miniature fight screen is rewind all day material in line with lethal weapon and my name is Sherrie rap.

Art Barr

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
If any movie warranted me seeing it in the theatre again.
I would se ls this gain, easy.
This was the best experience I had going to a Thursday premiere since I been down south and I am having a hard time really remembering a movie experience where I had this much fun on opening Thursday night.

I should have seen this in Imax 3d, instead of ghost in the shell.

Except I hate Imax 3d but this would have been an exception.

Art barr
I went with my friends last night I'm going again next weekend because my kids want to see it. It was a real good movie no doubt having Ego in it was dope plus I liked all the cameos.

Last edited: