Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For Drax, I see it as progression. He doesn't have to be the homicidal maniac anymore because of the time spent with the Guardians. He can "relax" now.

And the IMAX 3D was sold out:mjcry:

You could tell in 2D that it would look damn good in 3D.

First movie I was in the regular and was like...
I should have seen this in imax3d, damn it mayne...

Art Barr

I may go watch this in Imax 3d,...that is how good this movie is.
I have not felt this energized in may for a movie since maybe aliens three to be disappointed or xmen one to be kinda disappointed but hopeful.
This movie brought back what may should and used to feel like when being a movie goer.

Art Barr

Gog ii brought that old thing back for the breh.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I swear this shyt kills me.
giphy.gif

Is that bill gates?
What is this from?

Art Barr

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
You dont like a lot of things, barely like comic book movies as Lion, Hidden Figures and La La Land are more of your speed so its understood and no one holds nothing against you breh.:ld:

I hear theres a great western Drama staring Casey Afleck and Natalie Portman coming out this fall about a river you may love my G so be on the look out for that:ehh:

Martha

:gucci:

The first GOTG and Captain America: The Winter Soldier were both in my top 10 films of 2014 and The Dark Knight is my fav. movie of all time (along with 12 Angry Men).

A film is a film, no matter how you slice it.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How they did the post credits scenes here is really how they should start doing it for all their movies.

Flows much better.

It was incredible and so nostalgic.
it took me back to the marketing at river oaks in CHICAGO for star wars.
when darth Vader would show up in the actual movie theatre.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Like I get how some cats in here are so cool and dont like corny stuff, but at this point in the 40 plus years of comic book movies..... a lot of yall gonna have to just come to terms with this just being in the overall DNA and swallow some shyt. Its not a Disney thing, this is more deep rooted.

The Toad joke in Xman was corny, the back and forth with Ben and Johnny was corny, the Deadpool and Roommate scenes was corny, Jonah Hex on the train with thumb fingers chick had some corny shyt, Killer Croc asking for BET was corny, Lex eating skittles scene was corny, the Transformer that was rapping and talking in Ebonics was corny, everything out Michaelangelo's mouth is corny, and so on and so on down the line.

Dont let me even get started on the TV shows

It just is what it is and at this point I dont see the point of complaining about it after 40 years of it and hundreds of shows/movies not to mention the source material.

Just let it ride brehs

Martha

This Gen never had great cartoons.
Plus, they did not grow up with star wars finally providing some semblencd of a new hope and actual morality in a country completely devoid and cynical about everything since jfk and mlk were assassinated. This new Gen also lived through the same bullshyt with 9/11.
So, they do not have any attachment to fun or having mediums act as a gateway or escape.
Shame to because their gens need this in their life.
Just like their Gen needed good cartoons and really only got one good cartoon in dbz and their movie for that was ruined.
[although that is my actual gateway being older to understand dbz and give it props cause dbz was hokey and phoney looking to me]
Anyway, the negative reviews imo come from people removed from good Sci fi action and great cartoon era of the eighties.
So they will have disconnect because they really have not had shyt that was this good. To know what is really good.
They are all surviving off of good created from my Gen solely.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I am not referencing any of that and its the first I've ever heard of it too. I don't follow or care because it has nothing to do with my point :wow: use Lion King, Kingsmen, The Last Airbender, anything - it still applies.

You cross those streams you degrade quality scenes and the movie overall. You throw this kind of comedy into scenes that don't warrant it and you'll see the type of mixed feedback that doesn't entirely match the film itself.

It was nonstop. The scene with Baby Groot in particular was just uncomfortable and you could tell it was meant to be funny or something. GoTG2 is filled with stuff like that.

Stuff like what , cause I am down to breakdown anything naysaying and explain what was missed via naysayers disconnect.
As real talk, naysayers all have a point of talking.
Yet, when you get to the crust of what type of fan they are.
It really shows they really do not like this genre of movie.
Similar to hoe trash siskel's taste was all around to ebert.
Nor do they understand b movie made A film genre or humor.
Especially from a guy from troma films of all places.

As real talk,....
If you having issues.
It could be you really did not grow up with Saturday morning being made worth a damn on regular tv stations.

As America failed the youth in the nineties.
Incomparison to how they nurtured the youth in the seventies and eighties.

Plus, real talk ...
When Jim Henson died.
It was gon be a wrap for y'all later gens anyway.
As Jim Henson actually somewhat for the time kept the country honest somewhat as far as child development taking some type of forefront.

Art Barr

Jim Henson's death hurt America on a level that can never be duplicated.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This Gen never had great cartoons.
Plus, they did not grow up with star wars finally providing some semblencd of a new hope and actual morality in a country completely devoid and cynical about everything since jfk and mlk were assassinated. This new Gen also lived through the same bullshyt with 9/11.
So, they do not have any attachment to fun or having mediums act as a gateway or escape.
Shame to because their gens need this in their life.
Just like their Gen needed good cartoons and really only got one good cartoon in dbz and their movie for that was ruined.
[although that is my actual gateway being older to understand dbz and give it props cause dbz was hokey and phoney looking to me]
Anyway, the negative reviews imo come from people removed from good Sci fi action and great cartoon era of the eighties.
So they will have disconnect because they really have not had shyt that was this good. To know what is really good.
They are all surviving off of good created from my Gen solely.

Art Barr

Breh ease up lol. If the movie doesn't work for you t doesn't work for you. It has nothing to do with some generational shyt or anything else. Damn you nikkas always act like there's a right or wrong answer to this shyt. Art is subjective. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa and that should be cool. No need to play armchair psychiatrist because someone doesn't like something you like. You cats can't be fun in real life at all