Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm in the minority i guess since I liked this one better than the first.

I'll give the 1st a rewatch but it never clicked with me and i thougt it was just ok and never got the hype over it.

Not saying the sequel is all time great but i'll take it over the 1st one.

Exactly how I feel.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, I give this a 7/10. I like the first one but it is like number 6 or 7 as far as all MCU movies so it was never my favorite or close to it. This is like 10 or 11.
Most of the humor works BUT I agree with some there are some serious/emotional moments they could just end like that but they don't instead they tell a joke to kill the weight of the moment. The Nebula describing her childhood moment and the Yondu/Rocket connecting moment specifically.
I really thought Rocket, Yondu, Drax, Nebula and Gamora were great in this. And Marvel really went there on expanding on the cosmic universe, I'm like half way excited about where they go with it and nervous as well. This cosmic shyt is a huge undertaking with a high degree of difficulty but very ambitious.

The faucet is fully on now tho. Spidey up next in 2 months! #MarvelGang

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random thoughts:
I listened to the st prior to the movie and was like ehh didn't love it didnf hate it . Abd was curious why he didn't use some more Mainstream songs . But father and son ahd brandy :mjcry::to: you got me . I'll be honest I'm more interested in Vol 3 Thor and another cap movie than infinity wars . Maybe cause I saw the team up in CW? I'm gonna watch of course but teen groot >>> thanos as a villain . could watch the guardians every year .. they got the same cast chemistry like FF series so they can elevate any story through sheer force of chemistry

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Watched it last night...I loved the movie. I think I enjoyed it better than the first, honestly (which I just saw last week for the first time)

Visually the movie was stunning :wow: that cannot be understated

There were a couple jokes that fell flat
especially the pac man morph...the theater was packed and nobody was feeling that
but overall it was hilarious to me. Drax had me and my boy rolling.

It was very emotional as well! I wasn't expecting that part of it. They did a good job looping everything together

the "do you have any tape?"/rocket giving groot instructions sequence had me :deadrose:

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I had to leave right at the beginning of the credits to be able to make it to a friend's MC showcase. I only caught the first scene and I can't find the rest of those fukkers anywhere online right now. Help me out :mjcry:. I need to see the
Adam Warlock cameo
to be fully satiated from this visual feast.

Enjoyed the fukk out of this film :pachaha:. Fun, sometimes witty, sometimes touching, and you can tell James Gunn really has fun with being able to use this particular faction of the Marvel Universe as his own personal sandbox :obama:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Liked the movie. Not as much as the first. Story was a little all over the place. Humor was on point for the most part. Music was done well. Glad the Stan Lee cameo confirmed a theory that was floating around for a long time.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

This guy and this article gets it.

I was never a marvel crossover guy after inferno and feel it was always a cash grab. With long term for me onkg own good thing arising from if being secret wars spidey symbiote cover and his love of spider woman's black costume mid word bubble as his influence.

Past those two moments or occurrences I would rather have an adventure that is self contained and deliver above the last lkke guardians did.
With no real advancement for a crossover.

This article gets that and why eventually marvel will back away from the crossover. As they should as marvel has individual incredible stories and characters and should not be defined by a cross over event.
Including the fact the crossover revenue grab ruined marvel as well.

Art Barr

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I had to leave right at the beginning of the credits to be able to make it to a friend's MC showcase. I only caught the first scene and I can't find the rest of those fukkers anywhere online right now. Help me out :mjcry:. I need to see the
Adam Warlock cameo
to be fully satiated from this visual feast.

Enjoyed the fukk out of this film :pachaha:. Fun, sometimes witty, sometimes touching, and you can tell James Gunn really has fun with being able to use this particular faction of the Marvel Universe as his own personal sandbox :obama:
It's not a cameo it's a just a reference.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The 1st is 10/10 for me this was 9/10 I loved it. I liked the end credits reveal too. Rocket, Drax, Baby Groot, and Yondu had me :dead: most of the movie

Explain how you think the first movie is better.
As this movie easily builds upon and bests the first movie and mostly most comic movies ever made except a distinct few.

Art Barr