Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
same shyt i said. but these blind stans have the inability to think rationally..

movie wasnt even that bad, just the plot holes stood out so much more, and the OBVIOUS pandering to baby groot toys smh

It's just the same 4-5 nikkas, you gotta skip over their posts and read everyone else :manny:

Oh look Carmelo Anthony in a Marvel hat :gucci: I hope they aren't adults :mjlol:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Thor: Ragnarok in Theaters November 3 2017 :mjgrin:
hands_zps9bajinhk.png

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
^^^^ :pachaha:

----------------------------------------------------

When Drax was talking about his daughter, and Mantis touched his shoulder and felt his emotions + started crying but he was smiling on the outside, That's a classic moment in movie history period...

I gotta rewatch this flick.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
^^^^ :pachaha:

----------------------------------------------------

When Drax was talking about his daughter, and Mantis touched his shoulder and felt his emotions + started crying but he was smiling on the outside, That's a classic moment in movie history period...

I gotta rewatch this flick.
Those type of scenes I really enjoyed and wish they weren't so hellbent on adding one liners before and after it. Let the moment breathe:damn:Rip Dad Yondu:to:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This one was ehh, the other was Illmatic.

I LOVED the first one. it's my favorite MCU film. I found myself bored throughout the middle section.

I did like the funeral ending though.

this movie is way better than the first one easy.

i say it ranks right behind civil war and winter soldier as far as marvel films all time, too.

art barr

Daps
6/10
Pros:
Good FX
Some good jokes.
Fleshing out Yondu and Drax.
Cameos.

Cons:
Barely any moving plot, completely skippable.
Recycled jokes like "Taser Face" instead of "Star Lord".
Director shoved his brother down viewers throats
Baby Groot was lame.
10 stretched out, unfunny jokes for each good one.
Exact same Disney ass power of love moment from the first one.

who is his brther?

calh45

Cal
Daps
This was not great guys. I know there are gangs in The Film Room and you all have loyalties but it weakens your credibility when you can't admit something you were rooting for failed.

I love the Marvel formula in general but, for me, it didn't work here. They tried to recreate the magic and fun of the first plus throw in some emotional character development. Some of it worked, but too much of it didn't.

I think if you're a parent, your kids are gonna love this. It works on that level. Although some of the humor is very mature. But for adults, I think this is gonna disappoint most.

First, the fun in this movie feels very manufactured. In the first one, it was organic and much less self conscious. In this one a lot of the jokes fell flat, especially towards the end. It's like whenever they had a heavier moment, they would rush to throw in a joke to remind the audience they were still having fun.

The dramatic emotional arcs in particular relationships like Yandu and Rocket, and Gomarah and Nebula felt forced to me. Especially the latter. I just didn't buy it.

The pacing and plot overall was weak, and it felt too long. I think I started actually nodding off at one point.

I did like the stuff with Yandu, Peter, and Ego. That was well done. Speaking of which
it still doesn't make sense to me that the death of Ego would result in Peter losing his celestial powers. It's still a part of his DNA, right? Or is being a god something like being a vampire, where if the Master is destroyed it frees whoever he made? If that's the case, that sounds stupid.

I did really enjoy Drax whenever he was on. That guy saved the movie for me. But I definitely wouldn't pay to see this again.

I put this a little bit above Iron Man 3 but several spots below the first GOTG movie.

5/10

It was like watching 2 hours of group therapy PLUS.....

Peter losing the power didn't bother me as much because Ego kept specifically saying his power was tied to the "light in the center". What killed me it is ridiculous for something that's aware of it's immortality to become impatient about something like converting Quill to his side. Time is the one thing he literally shouldn't care about.....AND even worse that he dropped the "I put the tumor in your mom" nugget which made no sense at all. Why in the fukk would he kill her? Why would he even taunt Quill that way? If he could build a planet he could've easily had Quill there for years or more doing Jedi mind tricks on him AND if he's a celestial how in the actual fukk could he not know where they were in his body? So many fukking holes

Drax was hilarious. They made Rocket an angsty teenager. Gamora and Quill do the usual "we wanna fukk, but won't admit it" sitcom thing.

The media has a Marvel slant. There's more plot holes in this than any in suicide squad or BvS, but it's all forgiven because there's a soundtrack and Groot dances. It's not even close to the 1st one which is my favorite Marvel movie. It should be getting panned so people are prepared.