Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't hate you breh I was entertained. I actually laughed a lot during this movie.

But I started shifting in my seat a bit. . When his father went big bad I started :patrice: in my seat. Those 30 minutes of previews don't do my attention span any favors either.

I just didn't LOVE it like I loved the first one.

But I am apalled that not one person in this thread and on this site mentioned that Cheddar Bob was in this :russ:

And he didn't shoot himself:ohhh:

Well see I've got a complicated relationship with my dad so I'm unable to determine if the heel turn added up logically or not because i was into the characters and the emotions, so I can't front on you for that one. And seeing Peter go a little ape shyt on the old man felt cathartic for me.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
No connection?:gucci:

The Kree?

Adam Warlock?

The Watchers?

Starhawk?

Charlie-27?

Aleta Ogord?

Ego?

and various other aliens and worlds?

My G, you do the U in MCU stands for UNIVERSE right? :what:

The Guardians film been the bridge to everything OUTSIDE of EARTH. It's so much bigger than a few guys that pretty much reside in NY:snoop:

Martha

Have any of those words been uttered in a single other MCU film?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
No man..... this Universe stuff is not for specifically Phase 4, this shyt is most definitely for the current movies. I'm not sure where you even got that from but it is for NOW

As far as Thanos, well all I can say is A3 comes out in exactly 362 days from now. We have 3 movies between now and 5/4/17. I'm pretty sure there is enough time to touch on Thanos but again they do have to expand the UNIVERSE and I think this movie did that very well.

Also like whats been said in this thread, Gunn been saying for 2 years Thanos wasnt going to be in this movie, I get maybe the disappointment but come on man, you and others should've made peace with that along time ago.

He said it, then there was never any evidence or news that Brolin secretly was casted, and he's been saying it again in the most recent press tour

Martha
i wasnt saying the lack of pushing the thanos storyline was a problem for me. I already knew gunn wasnt gonna deal with him cuz i read the article where he said that years ago. I was using that as a way to prove that a movie that is as far away from the main MCU storyline AS OF NOW is, shouldnt have somebody worried about the upcoming main flicks that DO focus on it. Adam warlock aint got shyt to do with the infinity wars lol

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I missed alot of shyt. I see this film growing on me, but it wasn't the same emotional experience as the first and most people are refering to that when they compare entertainment to it's predecessor, whether music film or whatever. Artistically it was a triumph. Loved seeing the watchers. I missed thanos fighting though i'm bummed :pachaha:. This is gonna be the first flick I see in the theater twice since Dark Knight, just to absorb different layers.

as far as the bolded my theater audience was lame as fukk, shoulda went at 11pm or some shyt. I went in the afternoon that's on me :pachaha:

EDIT: Didn't know cheddar bob was in this. this is what i'm talking about :russ:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Have any of those words been uttered in a single other MCU film?

Have any other MCU film been in space in other galaxy?:ohhh:

i wasnt saying the lack of pushing the thanos storyline was a problem for me. I already knew gunn wasnt gonna deal with him cuz i read the article where he said that years ago. I was using that as a way to prove that a movie that is as far away from the main MCU storyline AS OF NOW is, shouldnt have somebody worried about the upcoming main flicks that DO focus on it. Adam warlock aint got shyt to do with the infinity wars lol

You know, thats an interesting statement you just said and I've noticed in press Feige and others have said the same. But then I realized its kinda of a sleight of the hand statement. If you recall...... its pretty much acknowledged that Avengers 3 and 4 (which are gonna be filmed back to back) are basically connected in the same storyline.... I mean they already know the title for A4 but wont reveal it because they say it will spoil what they have planned possibly the events or directions for the other films in between.

So yes, A Warlock may not have shyt to do with IW..... but that dont mean he's not gonna be in Avengers 4.

As far "the main storyline" which storyline you're referring to, the aftermath of Civil War? Ok from a logical standpoint. The Guardians who are out in space no where near Earth, never met Stark, Cap, Banner, or Thor. Had nothing to do with Ultron, dont know about the Chitarri attack, wasnt part of the Civil War, probably not even aware of the existence of InHumans.... if you had to right it.... how would they know about any of that?:jbhmm:

Peter Quill hasnt been to Earth since he was like 6 and with his mom dead has not reason to want to go back, everyone else is aliens and they could give a fukk about Earth, plus they got their own galactic adventures they love to go on, how would one this soon tie it to The Accords?:ld:

People love to complain about "forcing" shyt..... wouldnt that be a reach, a stretch, or a force?

Martha

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I saw it tonight. I liked it quite a bit, I'll add more thoughts later. Reading through this thread is trash, it's the same 4-5 Marvel stans every couple posts and none of them add anything more than emojis and hyperbole. I've never seen these fakkits discuss a movie other than an MCU movie :what:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I was checking the cast on avengers infinity stone and it shows yondu is in the movie, will it be flashback scene or are they bringing him back from the dead?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Well, the soundtrack was on point and the ending was heartfelt, just that the standard Marvel formula of forced jokes is getting out of hand.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just saw it...:jbhmm::patrice::jbhmm::ehh: Visually this was
l6cccx0_zpsuhfxrhzm.png

Plot wise:jbhmm::patrice::ld:

Character moments where they actually develop the cast was
r8L7PTl_zpsody3u1iy.png
Esepecially
Nebula maaan her opening up hit me the hardest Thanos gave her thay work:demonic: due to Gamora kicking her ass. Yondu and Rocket bonding about how Rocket is who he used to be was dope. Stallone and Michelle being part of the OG Guardians was cool so I expect either a movie for them or they will be a part of the next Guardians flick. Ego becoming a Celestial and being KILLED though:aicmon:That isn't supposed to be happen damn that brain shyt
full-1_zpsbmgrdwpj.png
So Celestials can get bodied :mjlol:Thanos needed the IG to do that:mjlol::mjlol:Let me find out The Living Tribunal can get taken out by a minigun or some shyt:deadmanny:Adarm Warlocke being name dropped had me
XnA4BVo_zpsw7aji6qy.png
even though that's supposed to be the Kree but whatever lol
Groot was ok I figured they'd milk the hell out of him :ehh:Eh don't feel like writing anything else right now
Overall it was ok to me I was kinda underwhelmed leaving though and the humor wasn't necessary when the characters were getting depth added to them. I liked the first one more honestly but it's not bad or anything just my thoughts
hands_zps9bajinhk.png