Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People overrating this one as badly as they did the first one.

For starters the first half of the movie is an unbearable drag consisting of nothing but clutter. Nothing in the plot moves fluidly, it's just they do something, for someone, then they do something else while someone else hires someone else to go after them, while they are found by someone else who is working with someone else to do something else, and two of the aforementioned someone elses decide to work together to do something else for themselves. fukk that shyt!

And I know Marvel has always loved its faceless fodder armies but those Sovereign remote controlled spaceships being piloted like 80s video game arcades has to be the absolute laziest shyt they have ever pulled. Goddamn that shyt was just embarrassing to look at. And you can't talk about embarrassing without talking about Baby Groot, whose "look how cute he is" selling point has already lost its luster by the time the opening credits end, and then the actual movie starts and you have to sit through two hours more of this shameless toy shilling.

When things finally come together after seemingly forever, I will say the movie picks up and in my opinion did a better job with its characters than the first, at least as far as the characters the movie cares about (Nebula, Rocket, Yondu). Actually, the Peter/Gamora shyt was plain awful and if it weren't for the arc with Nebula being handled so well (carried completely by Karen Gillan's performance I should add), you could remove Gamora from the movie completely and it would change nothing. I did like how they handled the other character stuff even though some of it felt forced, and I guess I felt the same way about Ego who I felt was done really well up until:

he revealed his typical evil scheme and immediately became so unnecessarily cliché evil out of nowhere, right down to the point they literally had him say shyt like he put the tumor in Peter's mom. Like someone said earlier in this thread, they should've built on Peter being conflicted by finding out his father just bred with his mother to generate spawn for his own goal, and let that be center to him picking his "family" over his blood. There's nothing wrong with the bad guy being more ambiguous in his motives than the typical "I want to destroy the universe" shyt.

Overall I don't rate it much better than the mediocre first one, this one just has its flaws more condensed in the first half.

If I didn't see their names in the end credits I wouldn't even have known they were supposed to be the original Guardians. Ving Rhames as Charlie-27 and Michelle Yeoh as Aleta, what the hell?! :deadmanny:

For those who don't know, this is Aleta from the comics.

uEQO5s3.jpg

Oh shyt so who is sly's character? The og guardians leader? So im guessing adam fukks up the guardians next movie and the OGs come to help??

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Starhawk. I expect the team to mostly just be fodder for Thanos in Infinity War, lol.

I don't think you get that kinda name talent to play the OG Guardians to just be fodder

I'll look for it but Kevin Feige said in an interview a few weeks ago that moving forward Marvel would be using old school big name actors for their projects now.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I missed the Eternity reference. What part was that?

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
People overrating this one as badly as they did the first one.

For starters the first half of the movie is an unbearable drag consisting of nothing but clutter. Nothing in the plot moves fluidly, it's just they do something, for someone, then they do something else while someone else hires someone else to go after them, while they are found by someone else who is working with someone else to do something else, and two of the aforementioned someone elses decide to work together to do something else for themselves. fukk that shyt!

And I know Marvel has always loved its faceless fodder armies but those Sovereign remote controlled spaceships being piloted like 80s video game arcades has to be the absolute laziest shyt they have ever pulled. Goddamn that shyt was just embarrassing to look at. And you can't talk about embarrassing without talking about Baby Groot, whose "look how cute he is" selling point has already lost its luster by the time the opening credits end, and then the actual movie starts and you have to sit through two hours more of this shameless toy shilling.

When things finally come together after seemingly forever, I will say the movie picks up and in my opinion did a better job with its characters than the first, at least as far as the characters the movie cares about (Nebula, Rocket, Yondu). Actually, the Peter/Gamora shyt was plain awful and if it weren't for the arc with Nebula being handled so well (carried completely by Karen Gillan's performance I should add), you could remove Gamora from the movie completely and it would change nothing. I did like how they handled the other character stuff even though some of it felt forced, and I guess I felt the same way about Ego who I felt was done really well up until:

he revealed his typical evil scheme and immediately became so unnecessarily cliché evil out of nowhere, right down to the point they literally had him say shyt like he put the tumor in Peter's mom. Like someone said earlier in this thread, they should've built on Peter being conflicted by finding out his father just bred with his mother to generate spawn for his own goal, and let that be center to him picking his "family" over his blood. There's nothing wrong with the bad guy being more ambiguous in his motives than the typical "I want to destroy the universe" shyt.

Overall I don't rate it much better than the mediocre first one, this one just has its flaws more condensed in the first half.

If I didn't see their names in the end credits I wouldn't even have known they were supposed to be the original Guardians. Ving Rhames as Charlie-27 and Michelle Yeoh as Aleta, what the hell?! :deadmanny:

For those who don't know, this is Aleta from the comics.

uEQO5s3.jpg

Not gonna lie I didn't know who Stallone was at first until they showed Ice Man looking dude interact w/ Yondu

Then I was like "Oh shyt that's Martinex"

Then I thought about what Sly was wearing and figured out he was Starhawk

And I knew who Ving was playing

Michelle Yeoh I actually thought was Nikki not Aleta. Wondering if her and Stallone are still related.

And see THIS is the type of shyt that make these movies to me. The layers that get introduced and referenced are :banderas:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its not a great movie, but its a good movie. Awesome to look at too. Don't see this at a shyt theater though.

Marvel is headed to a beautiful place though. I didn't think shyt could top Dr. Strange but this was.... well, gorgeous.
Loved it. The action was on point and it was funny without shoehorning jokes in.

See, GOTG is supposed to be fun and action packed. Sounds like folks wanna see a Logan version of Guardians or something. I don't get it.
The problem is they shoehorned jokes in damn near every scene where something serious was happening. :gucci:

Nebula goes off on a rant that literally establishes her character from this point on in the Marvel Universe and they got some side side side kick dude talking about "I meant like.... maybe you'd buy a hat :skip:"

They're lucky imo.... this script was just outright strange at times. I liked the movie still but they rode a very, very fine line on being plainly jarring in how they contrasted certain scenes.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It was a good movie, I had a fun time. A lot of laugh out loud moments but some corny but it's marvel so you'll get that in every movie.

It ran a little long and got dull at some points. My man batista stole the show, dude was a straight savage definitely on his HOH.

6 out 10 in my opinion

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
nikkas want depressing boring shyt with bland coloring and no fun go see a D.C. film. Down from the characters to the fukkin title screen GOTG is supposed to be fun :marvelpachaha: nikkas complaining about a movie with a talking racc00n and baby tree not being serious enough :MarvelStanDay1:
The Stan Lee smiley :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Like I get how some cats in here are so cool and dont like corny stuff, but at this point in the 40 plus years of comic book movies..... a lot of yall gonna have to just come to terms with this just being in the overall DNA and swallow some shyt. Its not a Disney thing, this is more deep rooted.

The Toad joke in Xman was corny, the back and forth with Ben and Johnny was corny, the Deadpool and Roommate scenes was corny, Jonah Hex on the train with thumb fingers chick had some corny shyt, Killer Croc asking for BET was corny, Lex eating skittles scene was corny, the Transformer that was rapping and talking in Ebonics was corny, everything out Michaelangelo's mouth is corny, and so on and so on down the line.

Dont let me even get started on the TV shows

It just is what it is and at this point I dont see the point of complaining about it after 40 years of it and hundreds of shows/movies not to mention the source material.

Just let it ride brehs

Martha

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Like I get how some cats in here are so cool and dont like corny stuff, but at this point in the 40 plus years of comic book movies..... a lot of yall gonna have to just come to terms with this just being in the overall DNA and swallow some shyt. Its not a Disney thing, this is more deep rooted.

The Toad joke in Xman was corny, the back and forth with Ben and Johnny was corny, the Deadpool and Roommate scenes was corny, Jonah Hex on the train with thumb fingers chick had some corny shyt, Killer Croc asking for BET was corny, Lex eating skittles scene was corny, the Transformer that was rapping and talking in Ebonics was corny, everything out Michaelangelo's mouth is corny, and so on and so on down the line.

Dont let me even get started on the TV shows

It just is what it is and at this point I dont see the point of complaining about it after 40 years of it and hundreds of shows/movies not to mention the source material.

Just let it ride brehs

Martha
ppl get to complain about anything as long as they got real logic behind it

like i said before, the writing undermined the fukk out of an otherwise fantastic movie. devalued it

its still good, it could've been better and its plain as day to anyone. most movies would kill to be able to draw views in emotionally as often and as consistently as GoTG manages to do - at the same time how many movies swerve those same viewers over and over and over again like they don't even respect that shyt? That's the issue and I hope that Marvel recognizes that moving forward

I mean for fukk's sake. This is an awesome #fatherless movie.
And while this dude is working over a mountain of dad issues built up over two movies, we got Drax dropping "where's his dikk tho? :mjgrin:" jokes to just completely throw a scene where every actor there is pretty much on point? its just dumb and jarring and degrades the movie as a whole

You can have comedy. People love comedy. Don't have Vader dropping fart jokes after cutting off Luke's hand though. That's what GoTG 2 does to hurt itself.