Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Just came from my 2nd viewing

I hate to even do this but here goes:

Vol 2 is either in the top 3 Marvel movies ever made up to this point OR it's in a complete class by itself and at the top of the leaderboard for everything that will follow.

It's the right mix of story, action, and sci-fi (both serious and goofy) packaged by Marvel. They really do know what they are doing over there it's not even funny.

And for folks who say these movies have too much comedy or is too lighthearted

the amount of bodies that Rocket and Yondu caught throughout was insane.

Rocket was portrayed as the badass that he is in the books and I could not be happier

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and people are reaching when it comes to that Stan Lee Cameo....

I don't know why so many people are saying Marvel has "confirmed" that Stan Lee is the watcher. Aint shyt in this movie that confirms that. We see Stan hanging out with and talking to the Watches, but he's just with them, he's not one of them. They don't look like him and he doesn't look like them. People are just reaching again.

I swear I fukking hate these geek news outlets.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ok just saw it and i understand some of the negative reviews but the first was a sleeper hit so of course they were gonna go with more if it in the 2nd movie because honestly this is still a bunch of D league players that had a great season and were promoted to the big leagues. None of these characters are iconic so it was smart for disney to play it safe.

Marvel not skimping on budgets anymore cause they was only about 5 minutes on earth total and everything else looked amazing. Kinda pissed i didnt go to the imax to peep this. Oh and are stan lee's scenes an indication that a certain family is coming soon because i thought baldy was apart of the fox roster

:ohhh:

See and that's one of the biggest things it bugging me out that peeps ain't excited about:gladbron:

When I saw The Watchers I bout damn near lost my shyt!!!:damn:

I fux with Uatu and The Watchers heavy!!!:banderas:

Cuz I anyone knows anything about the comics. In most of the big event shyts in Marvels history.

Anytime Uatu pops up..... normally that signals that "shyt IS ABOUT TO fukkING GO DOWN":ohlawd:

That character is almost equivalent to how in scary movies the music changes signally something fukked is about to happens.:ooh:

His presence and acknowledgement is HUGE so fukk out of here with talks of "bu bu by but this movie didn't expand on nothing or push the envelope":dahell:

Are you kidding? This movie single handedly expanded the entire cosmos universe :childplease:

Martha

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Ok just saw it and i understand some of the negative reviews but the first was a sleeper hit so of course they were gonna go with more if it in the 2nd movie because honestly this is still a bunch of D league players that had a great season and were promoted to the big leagues. None of these characters are iconic so it was smart for disney to play it safe.

Marvel not skimping on budgets anymore cause they was only about 5 minutes on earth total and everything else looked amazing. Kinda pissed i didnt go to the imax to peep this. Oh and are stan lee's scenes an indication that a certain family is coming soon because i thought baldy was apart of the fox roster

:ohhh:

i get what you mean but my review had nothing to do with the budget. cause visually like i stated, it was beautiful.

it was just a let down on how they did the characters and the story line was mad stupid

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
sit your $5 ass down for i make change!
:sitdownrocket:
yeah that was real funny.. carry on stan

giphy.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Oh no..... I wasn't talking about cats posting spoilers or discussing shyt and most ain't seen.

I'm more talking about cats posting links.

Just curious what is The decorum with that? Cuz if it's cool and that's what we doing.

I don't wanna hear no complaint later say in WW thread if I was to like....... SPAM that thread posting links for that movie.

You know me well enough by now to know I never go out my way to achieve something but I do play within the rules established.

Good for the gander good for the goose type deal

Martha
Dont let nikkas get to conjuring up links in those threads :doctorshaq:

nikkas would be heated:MarvelBronLol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Oh and people are reaching when it comes to that Stan Lee Cameo....

I don't know why so many people are saying Marvel has "confirmed" that Stan Lee is the watcher. Aint shyt in this movie that confirms that. We see Stan hanging out with and talking to the Watches, but he's just with them, he's not one of them. They don't look like him and he doesn't look like them. People are just reaching again.

I swear I fukking hate these geek news outlets.

Yea I agree with you

I didn't and still don't think he is Uatu or a Watcher per say...... but I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out that he's actually The One Above All

That's my guess

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See and that's one of the biggest things it bugging me out that peeps ain't excited about:gladbron:

When I saw The Watchers I bout damn near lost my shyt!!!:damn:

I fux with Uatu and The Watchers heavy!!!:banderas:

Cuz I anyone knows anything about the comics. In most of the big event shyts in Marvels history.

Anytime Uatu pops up..... normally that signals that "shyt IS ABOUT TO fukkING GO DOWN":ohlawd:

That character is almost equivalent to how in scary movies the music changes signally something fukked is about to happens.:ooh:

His presence and acknowledgement is HUGE so fukk out of here with talks of "bu bu by but this movie didn't expand on nothing or push the envelope":dahell:

Are you kidding? This movie single handedly expanded the entire cosmos universe :childplease:

Martha

They fukking referenced ETERNITY!!!! That's a concept I NEVER thought they'd touch on. Between this, the shyt we saw in Dr Strange and Ant-Man...shyt has the potential to get fukking crazy.

Of course if Marvel does decide to go that route people will flip from "It's just more of the same old thing" to "This shyt is too weird and unrelatable ". :aicmon:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I agree with you

I didn't and still don't think he is Uatu or a Watcher per say...... but I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out that he's actually The One Above All

That's my guess

Martha

I think that'd be the smartest route they could go. It'd also allow for future cameos via CGI for when Stan eventually passes on.

Still curious how they're gonna handle his cameo in Black Panther.....I kinda just want him to be the one white dude chilling in Wakaknda, with no explanation at all.