Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Man...... my chick working tonight so was gonna just chill and dig more in this Mass Effect 4, but y'all niccas got me considering going to catch another late night showing

:whew:

Martha
My girl got in like an hour ago
She wants to take my son but that shyt aint happening
Puerto Rican bm WILL shut that shyt down!!

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This one felt too long imo

Solid movie though

Ending was way better than the 1st

Yondu and that arrow :banderas:

WHY THE fukk IS DRAX SO WEAK IN THESE MOVIES :mindblown:

This movie pretty much made Yondu arrow and all of Rocket gadgets all significantly stronger than him

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This one felt too long imo

Solid movie though

Ending was way better than the 1st

Yondu and that arrow :banderas:

WHY THE fukk IS DRAX SO WEAK IN THESE MOVIES :mindblown:

This movie pretty much made Yondu arrow and all of Rocket gadgets all significantly stronger than him

See this is where I disagree.... this movie felt short to me.... like at the final battle it felt like I only been there 30-45 mins.... I dont know maybe its them 30 mins of previews.

Plus another thing about this movie is it felt like in the grand scheme of things, all this shyt happened to them in like a day or 2....... like it definitely wasnt months. Like they literally fought that big alien, then get attacked like (in their time) 30mins to an hour later, then crash but 15 mins later Ego meets them, and from there, they seemed like they was gone like only at max a day.

Since everything seemed to escalate so fast for them, it felt fast to me

Breh not for nothing but the level of enemies Rocket and Drax fought have been on 2 completely different levels. Rockets used weapons or traps to take on a couple of low level goons. Drax has fought like GOD level beings and survived being in the belly of a big ass alien. Rocket wouldve never survived that

Martha

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you aint bout this Marvel shyt!
:marvelbill:

#MarvelSet should i neg?!
VFpmY8M.png

Omg the groot neg button. Ok you won the coli tonight. Im done

:blessed:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Movie lacked the fun fctor. You had that at the beginning but after that I stopped having fun. Then allthe serious familyissues stuff. I NEVER got up ever to go the bathroom for a Marvel movie. You had a lot epople getting up, so I said bump it and got up myself. I never want to see this movie again. So disappointed.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island

They way they first brought this track in during the 3rd act, faded it out for a bit, then brought it back with everything that was happening on screen was :wow:

Seriously this sequence was masterful.

Did y'all notice when Drax

mentioned his daughter aka Moondragon?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that'd be the smartest route they could go. It'd also allow for future cameos via CGI for when Stan eventually passes on.

Still curious how they're gonna handle his cameo in Black Panther.....I kinda just want him to be the one white dude chilling in Wakaknda, with no explanation at all.

Hilarious. Have that nikka as a manager in a starbucks on mlk blvd

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People overrating this one as badly as they did the first one.

For starters the first half of the movie is an unbearable drag consisting of nothing but clutter. Nothing in the plot moves fluidly, it's just they do something, for someone, then they do something else while someone else hires someone else to go after them, while they are found by someone else who is working with someone else to do something else, and two of the aforementioned someone elses decide to work together to do something else for themselves. fukk that shyt!

And I know Marvel has always loved its faceless fodder armies but those Sovereign remote controlled spaceships being piloted like 80s video game arcades has to be the absolute laziest shyt they have ever pulled. Goddamn that shyt was just embarrassing to look at. And you can't talk about embarrassing without talking about Baby Groot, whose "look how cute he is" selling point has already lost its luster by the time the opening credits end, and then the actual movie starts and you have to sit through two hours more of this shameless toy shilling.

When things finally come together after seemingly forever, I will say the movie picks up and in my opinion did a better job with its characters than the first, at least as far as the characters the movie cares about (Nebula, Rocket, Yondu). Actually, the Peter/Gamora shyt was plain awful and if it weren't for the arc with Nebula being handled so well (carried completely by Karen Gillan's performance I should add), you could remove Gamora from the movie completely and it would change nothing. I did like how they handled the other character stuff even though some of it felt forced, and I guess I felt the same way about Ego who I felt was done really well up until:

he revealed his typical evil scheme and immediately became so unnecessarily cliché evil out of nowhere, right down to the point they literally had him say shyt like he put the tumor in Peter's mom. Like someone said earlier in this thread, they should've built on Peter being conflicted by finding out his father just bred with his mother to generate spawn for his own goal, and let that be center to him picking his "family" over his blood. There's nothing wrong with the bad guy being more ambiguous in his motives than the typical "I want to destroy the universe" shyt.

Overall I don't rate it much better than the mediocre first one, this one just has its flaws more condensed in the first half.

Oh yea, not for nothing but yall know that character Ving Rhames played??

Charlie-27??

4338034-charlie-27+-+guardians+3000+%234.jpg

Charlie-27-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-Galaxy-d.jpg

Charlie-27-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-Galaxy-d.jpg

Again Vingh Rhames
2017%2F5%2F1%2F57526536.jpg

as

charlie-27-from-the-original-guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

1941456-charlie_27___guardians_of_the_galaxy_40.jpg

2145364-charlie_27____nikki___guardians_of_the_galaxy__59.jpg

0ea7794e8d8a25fefaa8960c35151b1e.jpg

Black washing??:pachaha:

Martha
If I didn't see their names in the end credits I wouldn't even have known they were supposed to be the original Guardians. Ving Rhames as Charlie-27 and Michelle Yeoh as Aleta, what the hell?! :deadmanny:

For those who don't know, this is Aleta from the comics.

uEQO5s3.jpg