Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Speaking of "Marvel said two years ago"

Like I don't know why some of y'all are shocked or mad Thanos wasn't in this when Gunn on several interviews clearly said "Thanos is NOT gonna be in the next film"

Like breh.... he said that shyt!! Like there have been some things he's been coy about or kept close to the vest. But was always up front and consistent about saying that

Martha
i'm not saying this with an attitude, but some of us don't follow all the behind the scenes shyt like that. So that's why i'm surprised it's taking this long to get to anything Infinity Gauntlet related.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I agree and we as the fans gotta stop letting "the bar" get in the way of our enjoyment.

Like if a movie ain't WS or TDK, we gotta fall back on "oh it sucked, it was trash"

When clearly we know there are some movies that have been terrible movies and whatever shortcomings these new movies have they're still no where as close to bad as say F4 Reboot or Wanted

Martha
the bar needs to be shyt like THIS!!!
aim to reach or surpass THIS typa shyt!
theyll all figure out
its just Marvel did first
aint no shame in that!

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i'm not saying this with an attitude, but some of us don't follow all the behind the scenes shyt like that. So that's why i'm surprised it's taking this long to get to anything Infinity Gauntlet related.
shyt is one of the more epic events in comics!
they obviously got some kinda plan mapped out!
whether its a good or bad one, we will see.

dont let the smileys and shyt talking fool you!
they fukk this shyt up, ill be the first one barking out "fukk YOU!" to Marvel!
and thats REAL!

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of "Marvel said two years ago"

Like I don't know why some of y'all are shocked or mad Thanos wasn't in this when Gunn on several interviews clearly said "Thanos is NOT gonna be in the next film"

Like breh.... he said that shyt!! Like there have been some things he's been coy about or kept close to the vest. But was always up front and consistent about saying that

Martha

I could have sworn he said hat shyt before they even started filming. Up front he said there'd be no Thanos, No Infinity Stones, No Adam Warlock as Star Lords dad, No Mar-Vell as Star Lords dad.

People expectations are becoming more and more of a problem with these films. People create their own little theories about these movies and then get upset and disappointed when it doesn't actually happen.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get all of the critiques about the pacing and structure of the film, it is a bit off. All the other complaints I've been seeing though :what:

Yes, this is an amped up version of the first film, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's fun and enjoyable, and actually has some genuine emotional moments. Some folks expectations were just way out of wack it seems. Everything that people were saying they wanted more of is what Gunn delivered on. He also gave fans a decent villain.

I also really don't understand the complaints about the villain wanting to take over/Destroy the universe....What type of threat do you the expect the Guardians of the GALAXY to be dealing with? :gucci:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man some of the shyt I popped for and want to discuss..... I'm trynna wait a few more days for brehs to see before we start getting into details.

Dont wanna be like some of the cats in here already dropping spoilers and not even tagging or etc.

Matter fact @hex and @Jax ?? Uatu and The Living Tribunal

What is the rules of engagement going forward with potential retaliations? Do we turn the other cheek or give Princess Diana that same work?:usure:

I'm asking for a friend?:hubie:

Martha

Once a movie is out it's pretty much an honor system for spoiler tags. Use them at your own discretion. Usually people use them.

Obviously if someone sees it weeks in advance at a screening or some shyt, don't post spoilers.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Once a movie is out it's pretty much an honor system for spoiler tags. Use them at your own discretion. Usually people use them.

Obviously if someone sees it weeks in advance at a screening or some shyt, don't post spoilers.

Fred.

Oh no..... I wasn't talking about cats posting spoilers or discussing shyt and most ain't seen.

I'm more talking about cats posting links.

Just curious what is The decorum with that? Cuz if it's cool and that's what we doing.

I don't wanna hear no complaint later say in WW thread if I was to like....... SPAM that thread posting links for that movie.

You know me well enough by now to know I never go out my way to achieve something but I do play within the rules established.

Good for the gander good for the goose type deal

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I gotcha..... I'm like you..... I probably follow it less than you..... but even that news reached me

But I feel ya breh

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
the bar needs to be shyt like THIS!!!
aim to reach or surpass THIS typa shyt!
theyll all figure out
its just Marvel did first
aint no shame in that!

No..... I'm cool with "them" reaching that..... but saying we shouldn't penalize them if they don't but it's still really good.

That's like shytting on Kobe for not scoring 101...... but he still scored 81 and won:russ:

Martha

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not sure if I think it's worst then age of ultronfrom or not. It's the most disappointment I felt I'm a marvel film and it's not close

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh no..... I wasn't talking about cats posting spoilers or discussing shyt and most ain't seen.

I'm more talking about cats posting links.

Just curious what is The decorum with that? Cuz if it's cool and that's what we doing.

I don't wanna hear no complaint later say in WW thread if I was to like....... SPAM that thread posting links for that movie.

You know me well enough by now to know I never go out my way to achieve something but I do play within the rules established.

Good for the gander good for the goose type deal

Martha

If I notice links then I gotta delete them. If I don't notice then :yeshrug:

That shyt shouldn't be all in the thread, regardless. It attracts the wrong attention. People can take stuff like that to PMs if it's that deep.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I could have sworn he said hat shyt before they even started filming. Up front he said there'd be no Thanos, No Infinity Stones, No Adam Warlock as Star Lords dad, No Mar-Vell as Star Lords dad.

People expectations are becoming more and more of a problem with these films. People create their own little theories about these movies and then get upset and disappointed when it doesn't actually happen.

My G..... like you know how only in the last week or 2 h finally confirmed he coming back for the 3rd?

Taking it even further back, I could've sworn he said what you said before the 1st even dropped on the press tour!

:russ:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If I notice links then I gotta delete them. If I don't notice then :yeshrug:

That shyt shouldn't be all in the thread, regardless. It attracts the wrong attention. People can take stuff like that to PMs if it's that deep.

Fred.

Ok.... see that's all I was curious about.

Cuz here I'm am thinking it's cool so you know what time it was gonna be in a few months.

:russ:

That's clears it up then and you possibly just stopped the next world war!!

:salute:

Martha

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got out from the cinemas.

Movie was a 5/10. and thats not even hating, feel free to pull out my Civil War & Doctor Strange review if you think im being bias.

Cons:

*From that overly long intro, i already knew what the movie was going to focus on
*Halfway through the movie, like i guessed, movie was one big long ass advertisement for Baby Groot toys.
*Plot made no sense, from the rushed ego climax to the High Priestess clan
*They dragged and butchered the Drax sacarsm and one liners, MY GAWWWD, that shyt was unbearable by his 3rd outburts
*That dragged sexual tension with Gomorra and Quill from the first movie needs to be killed ASAP
*You can tell there was a good movie underneath somewhere, but halfway through production, Gunn got a call from marvel saying fukk all that shyt and give us more baby groot, sweater'gawwd one of the scavengers even said ''i can kill him, hes too cute'' :dahell:
*2 out of the 4 post credits were unnecessary as fukk !!
*All those big name stars added NOTHING to the plot, stallone, duncan, lady from crouching tiger :dahell:

Pros:

*shyt was beautiful to look at
*You're not a rac00n, youre a TrashPanda :mjlol:
*I was worried about how they were gonna play about with Planet Ego, and I WAS NOT disappointed, that was beautiful.
*Mantis & Rocket stole the show
*Yondus fight scenes :wow: , that whistle is beautiful
* ADAM-fukkING-WARLOCK !!!!! :wow:

p.s correck me if im wrong, but was that a quick blimp of Thanos when Rocket and co were planet jumping ??

and also, are they implying Stan Lee is Uatu, if so, then :wow:

Ok just saw it and i understand some of the negative reviews but the first was a sleeper hit so of course they were gonna go with more if it in the 2nd movie because honestly this is still a bunch of D league players that had a great season and were promoted to the big leagues. None of these characters are iconic so it was smart for disney to play it safe.

Marvel not skimping on budgets anymore cause they was only about 5 minutes on earth total and everything else looked amazing. Kinda pissed i didnt go to the imax to peep this. Oh and are stan lee's scenes an indication that a certain family is coming soon because i thought baldy was apart of the fox roster

:ohhh: