Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
They better not have too many jokes in Black Panther tho :damn::sadcam:

They won't man. Marvel is good about following the tone of the source material. The GOTG reboot has been lighthearded. Black Panther tends to be more serious. I mean they're addressing his dad's death at a UN meeting. I would expect a tone on a level like Winter Soldier. Serious tone with moments of humor to break tension and stabilize pacing

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yooooooooo

The part when Ego casually told Peter that he gave her that brain tumor and Peter started blasting him was :damn:

I've seen a lot of death this yr and it felt good to see that "release" by Peter. That was a VERY powerful scene.
Peter immediately started blasting the shyt out of him w/ no hesitation.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Adam Warlock! :wow:

Getting more into the Marvel Cosmology. Celestials. and Eternity.:banderas:
Watchers :banderas:.

Was that Hulk fighting on Sakaar when they were jumping through space to Ego? :smugdraper:
I thought for sure they would at least have some Thanos stuff just to get the ball rolling on that. I'm guessing they plan on having some massive Thanos vs Everybody fight and seems like they would be hurrying some shyt along. They still bullshytting with emotional shyt. :martin:
I'm not familiar with Stallone and Ving's characters. :dwillhuh: and apparently that was Michelle Yeoh too (my wire-fu goddess jumpin on board...this shyt beatiful :wow:).

Yon-dawg :mjcry:.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They won't man. Marvel is good about following the tone of the source material. The GOTG reboot has been lighthearded. Black Panther tends to be more serious. I mean they're addressing his dad's death at a UN meeting. I would expect a tone on a level like Winter Soldier. Serious tone with moments of humor to break tension and stabilize pacing

Marvel said two years ago that Black Panther wasn't going to be full of jokes. Boseman and Coogler have both said T'Challa isn't the type of crack jokes or quip. He might hit you with some dry humor every now and then, but he's nothing like Stark, Spidey, or Star Lord.

In Civil War T'Challa didn't crack a single joke in the entire film.

Some direct quotes from Boseman:

“He’s definitely not the life of the party in this instance,” says Boseman, who won the role last October. “I think this is something true of the comic book character and the movie. You never quite know where he stands. There’s always a bit of concealing and mystery. So I think mysterious is more his boat. Not to say there’s not charm and he can’t be a ladies’ man and all that. It’s more like if there is humor, it’s more like James Bond.

It’s funny, because on one hand, the Marvel movies that I’ve liked the most are the ones that are funny. I love “Ant-Man.” But for me, most of the time the darker superhero movies are the ones that I gravitate towards, that I love the most. So I’m glad that I’m not in an “Ant-Man.” I’m glad that the tone of [“Black Panther”] may be a little grittier. I just wanted to establish that from the beginning, that that’s what we were doing. That that’s what I intend to do. I feel like we’ll end up in a place that I’ve always wanted to be when I look at superhero movies. Those are the ones I like the most. It’s exciting to do that.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
kinda funny when you think about the shyt you spoiler'd
"shyts too fun!"
"no one dies!"

but that whole part of the movie was really kinda grim! :francis:

movie was too ill!

It's funny..... all the talk all of that and when you think about...... the body count in a lot of the Marvel movies is surprisingly high

But cats be so bloody thirsty the love to gloss over that

Martha

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:
:stopitslime: "i think im gonna name him adam" thats it? show his face, show his body, show something all u see is some gold ass empty cac00n shyt is trash show his origin story where the bytches crash the car or something woulda been way better :stopitslime:

the groot aging shyt was was cool but woulda been better with atleast a dope ass ending trailer, Seeing what thanos is up to...

we got no updates on the infinity stones this movie smh
i agree on all this. Could have progressed some shyt along way better.

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I liked this better than the first one. :blessed:

Can't wait for the Wonder Woman movie:banderas:

Still kinda pissed I missed Logan:sadbron:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Marvel said two years ago that Black Panther wasn't going to be full of jokes. Boseman and Coogler have both said T'Challa isn't the type of crack jokes or quip. He might hit you with some dry humor every now and then, but he's nothing like Stark, Spidey, or Star Lord.

In Civil War T'Challa didn't crack a single joke in the entire film.

Some direct quotes from Boseman:

Speaking of "Marvel said two years ago"

Like I don't know why some of y'all are shocked or mad Thanos wasn't in this when Gunn on several interviews clearly said "Thanos is NOT gonna be in the next film"

Like breh.... he said that shyt!! Like there have been some things he's been coy about or kept close to the vest. But was always up front and consistent about saying that

Martha

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
these movies can only get better tho
whether it be Marvel or DC
we're so deep into these shyts that they gotta see their mistakes and others mistakes. and are genuinely WANTING to move toward making really great comic movies!
i WILL say this tho!
we done had about 8 fukkin trailers and Spider-Man was one of them.
i know I seen it before, but for some reason on the big screen that shyt did nothing for me! or anyone in there with us for that matter! same with Thor!
That Pirates shyt had me AMPED THE fukk UP tho!!!!!! :banderas:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
these movies can only get better tho
whether it be Marvel or DC
we're so deep into these shyts that they gotta see their mistakes and others mistakes. and are genuinely WANTING to move toward making really great comic movies!
i WILL say this tho!
we done had about 8 fukkin trailers and Spider-Man was one of them.
i know I seen it before, but for some reason on the big screen that shyt did nothing for me! or anyone in there with us for that matter! same with Thor!
That Pirates shyt had me AMPED THE fukk UP tho!!!!!! :banderas:

I agree and we as the fans gotta stop letting "the bar" get in the way of our enjoyment.

Like if a movie ain't WS or TDK, we gotta fall back on "oh it sucked, it was trash"

When clearly we know there are some movies that have been terrible movies and whatever shortcomings these new movies have they're still no where as close to bad as say F4 Reboot or Wanted

Martha