Make Mine Marvel!
:callmemarvelstan:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Few people asked me in PM's what my ranking is since I mentioned Winter Soldier in my initial reaction. Let me clarify that this movie isn't similar to Winter Soldier at all in any way, the tone is still lighthearted and "fun".

Ranking the MCU:

1. Winter Soldier
2. Guardians 2, might still shift to either 1 or 3 with time.
3. Guardians 1
4. Civil War
5. Ironman

Like TWS there was nothing I would change about G2. I usually do not change my view on a movie after initial watchings THAT much. Curious to see how y'all will react. There's a lot of shyt in here that got me on a personal level so I wonder if I'm experiencing this way differently than some of y'all will.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Funny seeing @Soymuscle Mike loving it so much because I'm so bummed out.
GOTG 1 was a breath of fresh air to the MCU but this might be in my bottom 3 MCU films with Thor 2 and Ant-Man.
It looks fantastic but it might be the most boring and uninteresting film I've seen since Ant-Man.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Funny seeing @Soymuscle Mike loving it so much because I'm so bummed out.
GOTG 1 was a breath of fresh air to the MCU but this might be in my bottom 3 MCU films with Thor 2 and Ant-Man.
It looks fantastic but it might be the most boring and uninteresting film I've seen since Ant-Man.

I loved Antman too :russ:
Also thought Thor 2 was ok.

Funny indeed this is why I mentioned that I was curious to see other people's reactions. For me the "family" parts (dad/siblings/friends) were perfect, but I guess if that wasn't your thing than that takes away a lot of the draws of the movie.

Daps
Visually this "Vol. 2" is one of the most gorgeous films. Plot wise it's not really hitting, it needed more balance with the character stuff.

But yeah James Gunn makes explosions and spectacle and colors and cool easter eggs.