Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
did you see the 4-5 credit scenes? What were they?

They were all Guardians related:

1. The race they pissed off, forgot their name, are building some kind of weapon to destroy the Guardians

2. Stallone and his goons are preparing to "steal some shyt", guessing that will be a movie

3. Groot as a "teenager" being mopey and shyt and calling Starlord "boring"

4. Stan Lee lost in space (callback to an earlier SL cameo)

5. Yondu's goon up to something. That spoils something else not sure if you want to know what

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
They were all Guardians related:

1. The race they pissed off, forgot their name, are building some kind of weapon to destroy the Guardians

2. Stallone and his goons are preparing to "steal some shyt", guessing that will be a movie

3. Groot as a "teenager" being mopey and shyt and calling Starlord "boring"

4. Stan Lee lost in space (callback to an earlier SL cameo)

5. Yondu's goon up to something. That spoils something else not sure if you want to know what
:ohhh: repped

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The Dutch are so confusing. :heh:

How did you feel about the story/pacing? Did it seem too bloated to you? Also, I hear that Drax pretty much only has one action scene. :aicmon:

I thought it was fine, it felt a bit unorthodox because they really take their time in setting up some shyt but imo it was done well and the payoff was better because they didn't rush it.

They're incorporating a lot of characters so the "bloat" depends on how much they interest you (e.g. Nebula/Yondu). Again, I thought the payoff for their arcs was worth it and only enriched them and the Guardians.

Plus it makes the first movie piffer retroactively as we learn a lot about their histories (in relation to the Guardians/lore).

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@Soymuscle Mike was drax's strength and fighting ability improved from the first film or is he still nerfed?

I've never read a GotG comic so I don't know how Drax compares, I will say he was mostly comic relief. His arc was dope and he had some great "story" scenes.

I will say he definitely didn't do anything stronger than we saw him do in the first movie, so if that was a dissappointment this will be too.

I'm a bit biased because I had a daughter inbetween these movies so Drax's story is :mjcry:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I thought it was fine, it felt a bit unorthodox because they really take their time in setting up some shyt but imo it was done well and the payoff was better because they didn't rush it.

They're incorporating a lot of characters so the "bloat" depends on how much they interest you (e.g. Nebula/Yondu). Again, I thought the payoff for their arcs was worth it and only enriched them and the Guardians.

Plus it makes the first movie piffer retroactively as we learn a lot about their histories (in relation to the Guardians/lore).
Lol is it piffer or more piff. I wonder.:jbhmm:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
OH!!!!! :marvelohmelo:

lol