Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I'm not saying this movie is FOR kids, because there's sexual humor, death, and a lot of language, but it feels like they went from a movie for all ages to to a movie that's made for people of the ages 17 and below. Plus from a universe perspective the only things that are even remotely relevant in this movie are the Watchers and what I believe to be Adam Warlock.
i was surprised how little of the whole infinity gem/Thanos shyt they left out of this movie, but at the same time, I'm getting sick of Thanos already. As I've said before, they better friggin bring it. All of his appearances so far have been lame. I still say the Ultron tag was the worst. Was I supposed to be all :ohhh: when dude put the gauntlet on? I barely know shyt about him at this point let alone at that one. He had a single scene in GotG and just sat there.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
i was surprised how little of the whole infinity gem/Thanos shyt they left out of this movie, but at the same time, I'm getting sick of Thanos already. As I've said before, they better friggin bring it. All of his appearances so far have been lame. I still say the Ultron tag was the worst. Was I supposed to be all :ohhh: when dude put the gauntlet on? I barely know shyt about him at this point let alone at that one. He had a single scene in GotG and just sat there.

As far as that goes they actually put Thanos into the video game that came out as a tie in and I think it's supposed to lead into this movie. It's a telltale game though so it's episodic and not complete yet. But yeah this movie meant little in the scheme of this movie universe, I thought they'd atleast run into a character that's in the other series but it was pretty self contained. I won't be surprised if they run into Thor/Hulk, but one of these characters I think will DEFINITELY be in Captain Marvel.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah, I'm not saying this movie is FOR kids, because there's sexual humor, death, and a lot of language, but it feels like they went from a movie for all ages to to a movie that's made for people of the ages 17 and below. Plus from a universe perspective the only things that are even remotely relevant in this movie are the Watchers and what I believe to be Adam Warlock.

Oh no..... I strongly disagree agree..... there were MANY things relevant in this movie from the Universe perspective

Berhert

This movie alone more then the last 5 Marvel movies combined (excluding Dr. Strange and GOTG 1) expanded the universe the most

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I think it makes since for Thanos to not be in the movie because in the grande scheme of this movie from a timeline basis.... all this shyt seemed to happen in like a day.

Like the literally went from doing a job for the gold people to getting attacked like an hour or less later, to fallen on a planet in like 20 minutes rescued, to half the team traveling to Egos planet and the other half dealing with Ravengers, to half exploring/learning about ego and other half in captivity getting tortured, and etc...... all this shyt roughly still in the same at worst 32 hour timeframe.

The first movie seems like it took place for them over a number of days.... maybe even weeks so it makes sense that they'd run into him but this movie when generally they were only in 2 places no where near him and Thanos probably not solely concerned with them, they probably small fries to him at this point

Martha

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Oh no..... I strongly disagree agree..... there were MANY things relevant in this movie from the Universe perspective

Berhert

This movie alone more then the last 5 Marvel movies combined (excluding Dr. Strange and GOTG 1) expanded the universe the most

Martha

There's references always, but I'm talking about things that will directly impact future movies. This movie didn't really expand anything, other than the fact that the Watchers and Adam Warlock were revealed.

Nothing else from this movie will be relevant in future movies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There's references always, but I'm talking about things that will directly impact future movies. This movie didn't really expand anything, other than the fact that the Watchers and Adam Warlock were revealed.

What about Nebula's quest to kill Thanos?
In one of the storylines related to Thanos/The Infinity Gauntlet in the comics she eventually gets her hands on the Gauntlet filled with the stones.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Adam Warlock is like Thanos best freinemy
Maybe that was their way of tying him into the movie

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What about Nebula's quest to kill Thanos?
In one of the storylines related to Thanos/The Infinity Gauntlet in the comics she eventually gets her hands on the Gauntlet filled with the stones.

She's a C-list character though I doubt she'll get her own movie or overarching subplot. If anything I can see her as a future villain/antihero of a future GotG movie. It's not like she became a fan favorite like Black Widow did to the point where they'd give her a movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
She's a C-list character though I doubt she'll get her own movie or overarching subplot. If anything I can see her as a future villain/antihero of a future GotG movie. It's not like she became a fan favorite like Black Widow did to the point where they'd give her a movie.
What about that being like an unexpected ending/climax to one of the next 2 Avenger movies? I could see that.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Saw it last night.

Solid 6.5/10

First act was forgettable. I didn't really get into the movie until they turned on Yondu. That whole Yondu/Rocket storyline was well entertaining. Same with Gamorra/Nebula.

The Gold people were dumb and too corny:snoop:

The 3rd act was dope:salute:

I thought the jokes Drax had were funny. Same with everyone calling Rocket all sorts of name:dead:

They killed a celestial though? Just like that? :gucci:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I wouldn't be too sure about that!!

I mean yes maybe "earth bound" movies because yes, you're right. Why would Black Panther or Antwan need to go to Berthert or etc, but for the cosmic movies and potential shows...... who knows

The it's the Marvel Cinematic UNIVERSE and not Marvel Cinematic EARTH for a reason breh

Martha