Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand the complaints about Baby Groot. He's really not in the movie any more than Groot was in the first film.

Just seems like something people are reaching for to complain about like when people complain about product placements in films (which is something that's been happening since the 70's).

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Baby groot was such a gimmick tho.
Its funny you say that
Cause in the comics hes usually just a Groot plant when hes fukked up

I always wanted to know the "in between" of him growing back into Big Groot

I loved this

Cause theyre playing the long game
If you knowutimsayin

And it makes the shyt THAT much more funny.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand the complaints about Baby Groot. He's really not in the movie any more than Groot was in the first film.

Just seems like something people are reaching for to complain about like when people complain about product placements in films (which is something that's been happening since the 70's).
product placement complaints are the fukkin worst. sometimes it's out of control, but other times a character will be drinking a Pepsi and the logo will be pointing towards the camera "ugh, it was basically a Pepsi commercial!" I mean, people drink Pepsi... also, how could you be so distracted by that?

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
product placement complaints are the fukkin worst. sometimes it's out of control, but other times a character will be drinking a Pepsi and the logo will be pointing towards the camera "ugh, it was basically a Pepsi commercial!" I mean, people drink Pepsi... also, how could you be so distracted by that?
Yeah, only time I even notice it is when it's in your face.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Yo this shyt had me dying quite afew times :deadmanny:

I feel like it slightly wasnt as good as the first but had more replay value

Ego was dope:ehh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yes..... I could care less about the "product placement" I mean..... if they are trynna make a movie that is relateable to us, how can that be done if they don't partake in some of the same stuff we like?

Do cats really want to see movie characters eat made up food like QT's Big Kahuna Burgers use ACME products?

How unreal it is in a world where guys drive cars with no logos?

Martha

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

I thought I wasn't going to like Baby Groot in the opening sequence with the dancing while they fight. But the running gag of him fukking up won me over fast. I can see how some don't like it but I thought they did a good job of balancing out his scenes so they didn't overstay their welcome. Each of his scenes felt well placed and funny to me.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
As much as I love "The Dark Knight" there are some shyt I hate about it.... like how restricted it was for a comic book movie.

I can appreciate the "realness" to it but Comics are a genre of "fantasy" and really aint supposed to be real. I dont need scientific facts to back up why this might be possible.

Another hangup for the TDK series is the action really wasnt the best and the protagonist wasnt the best and at times forgetful.

I'm not saying Bale was a shytty Batman (like many others have stated), but he wasnt nearly as good of a "super hero" (for a SUPER HERO FILM) as say RDJ to IM, Chris E to Cap, Ryan to DP, Hugh to Logan and so on and so on.

Truth be told, RR was probably the best DC hero they had since Michael Keaton

Martha
Action was trash.

Fighting was garbage

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yes..... I could care less about the "product placement" I mean..... if they are trynna make a movie that is relateable to us, how can that be done if they don't partake in some of the same stuff we like?

Do cats really want to see movie characters eat made up food like QT's Big Kahuna Burgers use ACME products?

How unreal it is in a world where guys drive cars with no logos?

Martha
On the flip side, i watched Get Out last night, and did get a kick out of the fact there are 2 scenes where Microsoft Surfaces and Bing are prominently on screen. Not mad they got their Microsoft money, but it's always funny to see someone use Bing.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Saw it last night. Not as good as the first one, I can tell that they realized that the kids loved 1 and made this one with that in mind.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Saw it last night. Not as good as the first one, I can tell that they realized that the kids loved 1 and made this one with that in mind.
well yeah, Groot for toy sales, but there was actually a lot of death and innuendo in this movie. more than i expected at least. not especially dark or anything, but still, the Ravager scenes had a crazy body count.

The whole Nova core got wiped out in 1, but this was more visceral

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
well yeah, Groot for toy sales, but there was actually a lot of death and innuendo in this movie. more than i expected at least. not especially dark or anything, but still, the Ravager scenes had a crazy body count

Yeah, I'm not saying this movie is FOR kids, because there's sexual humor, death, and a lot of language, but it feels like they went from a movie for all ages to to a movie that's made for people of the ages 17 and below. Plus from a universe perspective the only things that are even remotely relevant in this movie are the Watchers and what I believe to be Adam Warlock.