Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC put out the GOAT trilogy if we're being honest.. nothing has yet to surpass Nolan's trilogy. I'm not with all that corny stan shyt, them just the facts.

Guardians of the Galaxy is working on a nice trilogy tho :ehh:

I'll take the Cap trilogy over the Nolan Batman Trilogy......I'm not a huge fan of Batman Begins though and I think The First Avenger is criminally underrated.

With that said The Dark Knight is still the best Superhero film ever made though. The only thing Marvel has put out that's come close to that is The Winter Soldier.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'll take the Cap trilogy over the Nolan Batman Trilogy......I'm not a huge fan of Batman Begins though and I think The First Avenger is criminally underrated.

With that said The Dark Knight is still the best Superhero film ever made though. The only thing Marvel has put out that's come close to that is The Winter Soldier.

I disagree about the Cap trilogy but I do think The Winter Soldier is an excellent film. It's probably the MCU's best.

It'll be tough to beat Logan for CBM of the year :whoo:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

As much as I love "The Dark Knight" there are some shyt I hate about it.... like how restricted it was for a comic book movie.

I can appreciate the "realness" to it but Comics are a genre of "fantasy" and really aint supposed to be real. I dont need scientific facts to back up why this might be possible.

Another hangup for the TDK series is the action really wasnt the best and the protagonist wasnt the best and at times forgetful.

I'm not saying Bale was a shytty Batman (like many others have stated), but he wasnt nearly as good of a "super hero" (for a SUPER HERO FILM) as say RDJ to IM, Chris E to Cap, Ryan to DP, Hugh to Logan and so on and so on.

Truth be told, RR was probably the best DC hero they had since Michael Keaton

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree about the Cap trilogy but I do think The Winter Soldier is an excellent film. It's probably the MCU's best.

It'll be tough to beat Logan for CBM of the year :whoo:

I like Logan a LOT, it's hands down my favorite X-Men film, but I think it's a bit overrated.

The performances are amazing, the action scenes are pretty good. I just think people are so down on the Fox movies that when they put out something that's actually good folks overrate it. The story is as paint by numbers as any of the Marvel films that people complain about it. It just leans on Western tropes instead of Action movie tropes.

Even with all that said so far it's been the best all around made comic book movie of the year so far. Have to see how Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, and Thor Ragnarok do.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I love "The Dark Knight" there are some shyt I hate about it.... like how restricted it was for a comic book movie.

I can appreciate the "realness" to it but Comics are a genre of "fantasy" and really aint supposed to be real. I dont need scientific facts to back up why this might be possible.

Another hangup for the TDK series is the action really wasnt the best and the protagonist wasnt the best and at times forgetful.

I'm not saying Bale was a shytty Batman (like many others have stated), but he wasnt nearly as good of a "super hero" (for a SUPER HERO FILM) as say RDJ to IM, Chris E to Cap, Ryan to DP, Hugh to Logan and so on and so on.

Truth be told, RR was probably the best DC hero they had since Michael Keaton

Martha

I feel you, but at the same time it's Batman. Even in his comics they do grounded stories about him. I'm fine with a realistic, grounded, dark, and gritty Batman. It becomes a problem for me when they try doing that shyt with Superman.

My biggest beef with the Nolan Batman films is Bales Batman voice, that shyt was terrible and at times distracting. BvS is a bad movie, but they got a LOT of things right with Affleck's Batman. Using the voice changer was smart, as it allowed him to be intimidating, hide his voice, but not sound like a fukking moron that half the audience laughs at.

As far as action goes, the fight scenes are mostly passable, though the whole sequence in China is just fukking dope. The car chase in TDK might be one of the most iconic car chases ever filmed.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I like Logan a LOT, it's hands down my favorite X-Men film, but I think it's a bit overrated.

The performances are amazing, the action scenes are pretty good. I just think people are so down on the Fox movies that when they put out something that's actually good folks overrate it. The story is as paint by numbers as any of the Marvel films that people complain about it. It just leans on Western tropes instead of Action movie tropes.

Even with all that said so far it's been the best all around made comic book movie of the year so far. Have to see how Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, and Thor Ragnarok do.

Not to mention its getting a pass for some of the main shyt the MCU films have gotten criticized for and if one mentions this "flaw" cats move the goalpost.

But cant deny its a really good movie, one of the best and a far cry from XMan Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I feel you, but at the same time it's Batman. Even in his comics they do grounded stories about him. I'm fine with a realistic, grounded, dark, and gritty Batman. It becomes a problem for me when they try doing that shyt with Superman.

My biggest beef with the Nolan Batman films is Bales Batman voice, that shyt was terrible and at times distracting. BvS is a bad movie, but they got a LOT of things right with Affleck's Batman. Using the voice changer was smart, as it allowed him to be intimidating, hide his voice, but not sound like a fukking moron that half the audience laughs at.

As far as action goes, the fight scenes are mostly passable, though the whole sequence in China is just fukking dope. The car chase in TDK might be one of the most iconic car chases ever filmed.

See, I'm fine with gritty.... but I prefer it they continue a path for Batman where belief can be suspended. People love to rave about this "rogue villains" but when you make his world so real it dramatically cuts down on the other half of what makes him intriguing.

In Nolans world, a 9-11 year old boy not gonna be able to fight crime and take down grown men, there is no Man-Bat, there in no Clayface, there is no Killer Croc, hell there wasnt even any meta humans

I can appreciate at Nolan cutting a lot of the Batman alore down to the most basic and simple equations.... it was dope then.

But we off that

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention its getting a pass for some of the main shyt the MCU films have gotten criticized for and if one mentions this "flaw" cats move the goalpost.

But cant deny its a really good movie, one of the best and a far cry from XMan Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine

Martha

Yup, because the villain in Logan is completely forgettable and the villains big scheme is an amalgam of the the one from X-Men Origins and X2. Plot wise there isn't a single thing revolutionary about the movie, it's just at Western at is core with some Super powers thrown in.

It's a genuinely good movie, but people definitely let it slide on shyt that they claim they hate about Marvel films.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't buy your argument for a second. Maybe some people are "down on FOX" but we are talking about a series with X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan which are all critically acclaimed.

They have some shytty movies in there too but so does every studio :mjgrin:

Of all the movies you listed Deadpool and Logan are the only ones that I like. Mind you I'm one of those people that grew up reading X-men comics and hate that the films shytted on a bunch of character to turn shyt into the Wolverine show.

I feel that DOFP is overrated too. It's a decent movie at best, that again I feel gets over praised because of how bad some of the previous movies were.

I'll admit to not being fair to First Class, they killed Darwin so I'm like "fukk that movie :pacspit:"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I feel that DOFP is overrated too. It's a decent movie at best, that again I feel gets over praised because of how bad some of the previous movies were.

I don't think so. X-Men, X2 and First Class were all well above 80% on RT and DOFP then was something like 93%. You're just going to have to accept that FOX has a pretty good track record :mjgrin: