Marvel's bench held it down for awhile, but it's time for the starters

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
marvel stans are the most insecure posters on the site. They have 100 page threads on each famous director who don't care for superhero movies. They post in every DC related thread hoping the movies are bad.. they turn every criticism into a big deal... etc..

i want all the marvel movies to be good.. but i have to laugh when they put out trash because the stans gonna be juelz.gif for a 100 pages :mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
marvel stans are the most insecure posters on the site. They have 100 page threads on each famous director who don't care for superhero movies. They post in every DC related thread hoping the movies are bad.. they turn every criticism into a big deal... etc..

i want all the marvel movies to be good.. but i have to laugh when they put out trash because the stans gonna be juelz.gif for a 100 pages :mjlol:

Worst comes to worst, they just throw the numbers argument.

"It grossed a billion dollars, how can it be garbage?" aka G Unit logic. As if MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice didn't do 10+ million in their fluff albums.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Worst comes to worst, they just throw the numbers argument.

"It grossed a billion dollars, how can it be garbage?" aka G Unit logic. As if MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice didn't do 10+ million in their fluff albums.

yeah... and now that the movies aren't doing over a bill they want to blame everything except the quality. Top Gun 2 made $1.5 bill. Avatar 2 made $2.2 bill so far. Even the last Jurassic World made a bill. it can be done... they want to compare The Batman but that's a false equivalency because The Batman would have got to a bill if it had a full theater run.. There's always these details that people want to leave out. The Batman made $770M in 45 days. That's a half of a theater run. Then Warner Bros. put it to HBO Max to sell subs.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
MCU really is adapting the comics.

Sales take a dip….. More events, change writing team, bring back Steve Rogers as Captain America with new number 1 issue.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
noahtroll_medium.gif

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
These threads are funny.
MCU is miraculous, based off of the actual fact that 95% of comics are fukking ass cheeks. Especially when you are past your teenage years.but here’s the thing… most movies are mediocre to trash AF. These mufukas made Iron man the main attraction :wow: that shyt is like DCU making a cyborg or a Martian manhunter movie the jump off for everything

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This 100%
Captain America I don't know who liked him in the comics but I HATED the comic book iteration. What Chris Evans and the various movies he was in did was made me actually like and respect him.

As a comic head, I said it on here years ago that CA:TWS's great triumph wasn't it's box office or strong reviews, but making someone like me actually root for a blue-eyed blonde haired Aryan cac with the codename captain america. The comics could never.

But the storytelling was that strong in the movies. And so was Evan's performance.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You get it and your Thanos point illustrates it

Never in my life, even with the MCU existing, did I think Thanos would be a household name.

Everybody is unknown or b team to somebody. The story is what implants you in hearts and minds.

I knew a female that was :mjlol: when we saw Iron Man in 08. That same woman cried like a baby when Tony Stark died.

Storytelling always comes first, and marvel is losing people because the stories are bad

The storytelling and it's inter-connective nature definitely built the brand's success, and gave it a "benefit of the doubt" factor that allows them to still cash in on the brand loyalty despite missteps. But to your point, it's a bad idea for them to take it for granted thinking those dividends will always be there if they don't invest better in the stories.

The brand loyalty is also lowkey why the x-men are more dependent on the MCU than the other way around. i.e. A shyt Spider-Man movie will still give you 700m-900m with or without "the MCU" or even good storytelling to an extent (the lack of the latter does lead to diminishing returns, mind you).

However, how come the first Venom movie out-grossed the first two Wolverine movies combined? And damn near even if adjusted for inflation. How come the "ATG comic movie" in Logan was easily outpaced by both Deadpool flicks and the Joker (both also having restrictive R-ratings)?

X2 and First Class, both highly praised x-films... 400m and 375m total.. That's not bad, but for some alleged pro-bowel starters, they sure look more like system QBs.