Marvel's bench held it down for awhile, but it's time for the starters

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel MCUs greatest strength is their major weakness. The MCU groomed its audience that the most important thing in their universe is everything is connected and leads to a major event. I feel that's a major crutch for the MCU because there's not much to care about current phases since it's not relying on an event. Also, doesn't help that there's superhero fatigue after they put all of their chips on endgame.

I just don't think there's much to be excited about the current MCU until they implement X-Men for new blood because it's hard to care for this current phase.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel MCUs greatest strength is their major weakness. The MCU groomed its audience that the most important thing in their universe is everything is connected and leads to a major event. I feel that's a major crutch for the MCU because there's not much to care about current phases since it's not relying on an event. Also, doesn't help that there's superhero fatigue after they put all of their chips on endgame.

I just don't think there's much to be excited about the current MCU until they implement X-Men for new blood because it's hard to care for this current phase.
Great point

MCU became overly dependent on the world building. And world building is great and nikkas are grateful for it, but world building can only take you so far before story telling and character development have to start pulling their weight

This is what nikkas miss with their "But phase 2/3 had plenty of mid" arguments. That may be true but mid is not a binary thing there's a spectrum of quality.

Phase 1-3 had a great balance of world building, character development, and story. Winter Soldier is a great example of balancing those 3 elements and it's no surprise that's considered the #1 MCU movie to many.

Phase 1-3 the movies that could be considered mid were forgiveable for at least holding up necessary elements to a minimum and having the support of being surrounded by good exciting movies. Phase 4 all of the movies have been mid and have had less consequences, stakes, character development, and just competent dialogue and none of the movies are good enough to carry the weight of the others

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Worst comes to worst, they just throw the numbers argument.

"It grossed a billion dollars, how can it be garbage?" aka G Unit logic. As if MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice didn't do 10+ million in their fluff albums.

That's exactly what they do :russ:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big facts. Can't quote this enough.

Bring in the X-Men for fukks sake.

You get what I say you get

images

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel’s getting too comfortable. They need competition.

Right now the vast majority of their best characters are either retired (Rogers), dead (Stark, T’Challa), tied up with other companies (Spider-Man), or getting cucked by the writers (Thor, Strange).

Thor really should be THAT dude but the writers don’t know what to do with him. Remember how he pulled up in Infinity War? THAT was the Thor we really needed more of. But instead, the writers nerfed him in Endgame, dumbed down his character, and stuffed his latest movie full of forced humor and wack villains.
Love and Thunder could have been a much stronger movie if they would have stuck to the blueprint Walt Simonson laid out and just followed the Beta Ray Bill storyline from the comics.

It’s a real shame that Chadwick Boseman passed away… he would have (and SHOULD have) been THE FACE of Marvel if not for his untimely passing.

@O. Red also made a good point that the writing hasn’t been strong lately. They don’t have a clear vision and a gameplan for the overarching storyline. It’s the same problem they had with this new Star Wars trilogy. Where is all of this going, and why should I care?

They really need to hurry up and green light the Fantastic Four yesterday. Keep the streets fed until they can really crush the buildings with X-men instead of spinning their wheels with all of these wish.com filler projects.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Marvel’s getting too comfortable. They need competition.

Right now the vast majority of their best characters are either retired (Rogers), dead (Stark, T’Challa), tied up with other companies (Spider-Man), or getting cucked by the writers (Thor, Strange).

Thor really should be THAT dude but the writers don’t know what to do with him. Remember how he pulled up in Infinity War? THAT was the Thor we really needed more of. But instead, the writers nerfed him in Endgame, dumbed down his character, and stuffed his latest movie full of forced humor and wack villains.
Love and Thunder could have been a much stronger movie if they would have stuck to the blueprint Walt Simonson laid out and just followed the Beta Ray Bill storyline from the comics.

It’s a real shame that Chadwick Boseman passed away… he would have (and SHOULD have) been THE FACE of Marvel if not for his untimely passing.

@O. Red also made a good point that the writing hasn’t been strong lately. They don’t have a clear vision and a gameplan for the overarching storyline. It’s the same problem they had with this new Star Wars trilogy. Where is all of this going, and why should I care?

They really need to hurry up and green light the Fantastic Four yesterday. Keep the streets fed until they can really crush the buildings with X-men instead of spinning their wheels with all of these wish.com filler projects.

Majors vs Boseman woulda made me shed a tear
:mjcry:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Another reason your comparison doesn't work is because pre MCU Tony Stark was a B tier character

Good writing and story will elevate anyone

The writing and storytelling have gotten bad
This. The movies, more specifically, peak RDJ made Iron Man popular. He was a mid-tier character before that. Even his cartoon bombed. Most well known for being a supporting character in the Spider-man cartoon than anything.

The Avengers as a whole were Larry Holmes status. That’s why they constantly had to make Spider-man and Wolverine apart of the squad so that those books would move units. Like Lil Wayne or Snoop Dogg doing a feature on your album.

As been said, it’s about the writing. Make us care about the characters.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

"It grossed a billion dollars, how can it be garbage?" aka G Unit logic. As if MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice didn't do 10+ million in their fluff albums.

I’m not gonna lie…. That is probably what happens.

But we gotta level set here. Not stanning Marvel, not taking a shot at DC. But we gotta have proper recollection.

This G Unit logic first came from Aquaman and then went from there. I know you not trynna revise history and I don’t think you was around back then…. But that was the genesis of that logic and a new precedent was set from that moment on.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

You gotta go that way cause people confuse their opinions with facts.

“Oh I didn’t like it so it must be trash :yeshrug:

I didn’t like the first Ant-Man (not even really the second one either) or Doctor Strange at all but I’m not gonna call em garbage just because I don’t. Dawn of Justice made over 800 million dollars therefore it was, objectively, incredibly successful, right? People can say it was trash all they want, it still doesn’t change the fact that it made tons of money.

People make excuses but numbers don’t lie.

Last edited: