Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Haven't been watching this, what is the episode that coincides with Captain America 2 and the fallout from it?, has it picked up?, looked like :trash: when I first saw it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:whew: I just got done watching this week's episode & the promo for next week's episode. EVERYBODY who was shytting on the show earlier in the season in this thread, better start copping pleas.
It is not mindnumbingly bland anymore but it also isn't some type of classic TV.
It is a bit more fun and there actually is a focused narrative instead of dull, lifeless episode after episode that seemed to go nowhere.
I still don't give two fukks about Skye, Ward or Fitz.
Coulson should not be the lead of this show. He works better as a supporting player.
I actually am less interested in May now than I was earlier in the season.
It's at Human Target levels of entertaining right now which means it is a decent light show.

That being said last night's episode was fun. I like Trip and his bringing his grandfather's old school tech was cool.
They wasted a ton of time with Ward's origin when the character still flat out sucks and making him be conflicted is a mistake because I think if the show just went full on with dude being a totally soulless dikkhead who enjoys being bad the character would at least be interesting to watch.
Amazingly Skye's secret origin doesn't interest me at all.
Ruth Negga's character needs to be drafted into SHIELD. Same for Mike Patterson once they get that exploding camera out of his head.
Fitz needs to die.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Haven't been watching this, what is the episode that coincides with Captain America 2 and the fallout from it?, has it picked up?, looked like :trash: when I first saw it.
it aint really piff as some want to say its just for once there actually seems to be something happening.We finally have a villain and seeds of a larger plot not an endless cycle of vanilla day to day episodes

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
It is not mindnumbingly bland anymore but it also isn't some type of classic TV.
It is a bit more fun and there actually is a focused narrative instead of dull, lifeless episode after episode that seemed to go nowhere.

:comeon: I would think folks like you would have watched enough network genre shows, to know it's typical that they have a slow first season with a lot of stand-alone episodes. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", "Supernatural", "The X-Files", "Smallville", "Fringe", "Charmed", & etc. are all examples of shows with slow first seasons with a lot of stand-alone episodes.

That's why I didn't understand the hate this show was getting earlier in the season. Y'all acting like y'all never been through this before or been spoiled by cable shows from the last several years.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Ep 16 "End of the Beginning" is the beginning of CAP 2, but everything in 2014 has been great. In regards to all those "vanilla" episodes that don't really exist, everything that happened in the early episodes has had an effect on all the current episodes from Mike Peterson to Wards history shown earlier in the season.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:comeon: I would think folks like you would have watched enough network genre shows, to know it's typical that they have a slow first season with a lot of stand-alone episodes. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", "Supernatural", "The X-Files", "Smallville", "Fringe", "Charmed", & etc. are all examples of shows with slow first seasons with a lot of stand-alone episodes.

That's why I didn't understand the hate this show was getting earlier in the season. Y'all acting like y'all never been through this before or been spoiled by cable shows from the last several years.
I guess we have to beat this dead horse upside the head a few more times...the difference between the shows you mentioned (except for Charmed which I never watched) and AOS is that the episodes may have been slow to develop or formulaic but the casts were all great with immediate chemistry or the dialogue was smart despite the simple subject matter or they were directed well enough to show the viewer that something more was being built towards.
AOS started off with bland characters, bland stories, and no inkling that they were building to anything worth a damn because they were on lockdown by the Disney execs so they didn't blow the Capt. America movie's big twist.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
it aint really piff as some want to say its just for once there actually seems to be something happening.We finally have a villain and seeds of a larger plot not an endless cycle of vanilla day to day episodes
We've always had a villain. Half the season was just trying to figure out who that villain was

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I guess we have to beat this dead horse upside the head a few more times...the difference between the shows you mentioned (except for Charmed which I never watched) and AOS is that the episodes may have been slow to develop or formulaic but the casts were all great with immediate chemistry or the dialogue was smart despite the simple subject matter or they were directed well enough to show the viewer that something more was being built towards.
AOS started off with bland characters, bland stories, and no inkling that they were building to anything worth a damn because they were on lockdown by the Disney execs so they didn't blow the Capt. America movie's big twist.
Ehhhh...I tried rewatching the first season of Buffy... It felt a lot like the beginning of AOS

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Ehhhh...I tried rewatching the first season of Buffy... It felt a lot like the beginning of AOS
i cant watch some of my favorite shows (Lost, Buffy) again because its anticlimactic to me

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The chemistry between the characters and Whedon's dialogue was the hook for that short first season of Buffy up till the last couple of episodes.