Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I don't "hate" it breh but it just doesn't do anything for me. I watch it in the hopes that it gets better and there are moments when it connects with me but for me, the problem is there isn't enough to care about character wise. At the core of any story and any show there have to be characters you give a shyt about and I've yet to see consistent reasons to care on this show.

i totally get your point. i myself cannot watch something for which i do not care.
for some reason, i care for the characters and love the storyline and thus i enjoy the show and always look forward to it. :ahh:

maybe i went into the show with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.:whoo:

are there better shows on tv ?
hell yes!!!
but that does not take away from my enjoyment!!
like i always say, to each his own!!
:manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i totally get your point. i myself cannot watch something for which i do not care.
for some reason, i care for the characters and love the storyline and thus i enjoy the show and always look forward to it. :ahh:

maybe i went into the show with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.:whoo:

are there better shows on tv ?
hell yes!!!
but that does not take away from my enjoyment!!
like i always say, to each his own!!

Word. if you like it breh I'm not knocking you for it. It's always good to enjoy something and it's not like I don't watch the show. I just set up the DVR to record it tonight but I didn't go in with big expectations either because like any show with brand new characters, it's a crapshoot. The problem with it for me is that they just don't show enough of them beyond working for Shield so as opposed to showing me why I should give a damn they do a lot of telling me why and that's a cardinal sin of storytelling. And not to get into a fanboy pissing contest but Arrow shines because you get insight into every main character on the show. Each of them has some sort of development but to be fair, Arrow is in its second season

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Word. if you like it breh I'm not knocking you for it. It's always good to enjoy something and it's not like I don't watch the show. I just set up the DVR to record it tonight but I didn't go in with big expectations either because like any show with brand new characters, it's a crapshoot. The problem with it for me is that they just don't show enough of them beyond working for Shield so as opposed to showing me why I should give a damn they do a lot of telling me why and that's a cardinal sin of storytelling. And not to get into a fanboy pissing contest but Arrow shines because you get insight into every main character on the show. Each of them has some sort of development but to be fair, Arrow is in its second season
cool
oh and i absolutely love arrow as well,so....i ain't one of those fanboys who gets offended/upset!!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cool
oh and i absolutely love arrow as well,so....i ain't one of those fanboys who gets offended/upset!!

Yeah good tv is good tv I don't give a damn who makes it, just keep me
KEhQDoN.gif

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
i really do think they took that break to coincide with the winter soldier coming out later in that week when the show comes back

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
i really do think they took that break to coincide with the winter soldier coming out later in that week when the show comes back
i did not think of that.
now that you mention it, that has to be the reason for the break, because these breaks cannot be good for the show in the long run.
this is now the third break, i believe.
that is too many imo.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i did not think of that.
now that you mention it, that has to be the reason for the break, because these breaks cannot be good for the show in the long run.
this is now the third break, i believe.
that is too many imo.

Most shows take breaks though. ABC's whole lineup tonight is on a break. They always take a midseason break and then the 2nd break was for the olympics.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Most shows take breaks though. ABC's whole lineup tonight is on a break. They always take a midseason break and then the 2nd break was for the olympics.
didn't know this.
over here in africa we usually got the shows a few months late so we never had breaks(the reason i started downloading shyt).
just recently (a year or so ago) our networks started showing the shows the same time they come out in america.
we usually had no breaks.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
didn't know this.
over here in africa we usually got the shows a few months late so we never had breaks(the reason i started downloading shyt).
just recently (a year or so ago) our networks started showing the shows the same time they come out in america.
we usually had no breaks.

Ah ok. Yeah breaks are common for shows. Mid season happens around Christmas time then another break and then a 3rd. It's customary but this year in particular, we had the winter olympics and a lot of broadcasts stations just ran reruns. This week it's just something ABC is doing. No clue why because there are no march madness games on to compete with

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Ah ok. Yeah breaks are common for shows. Mid season happens around Christmas time then another break and then a 3rd. It's customary but this year in particular, we had the winter olympics and a lot of broadcasts stations just ran reruns. This week it's just something ABC is doing. No clue why because there are no march madness games on to compete with
cool.
i guess one learns something new everyday!!

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Looks like Fred from "Angel" is gonna guest star:

Amy Acker to Guest Star on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
Remember that cellist Coulson talked about in the Avengers?

by Eric Goldman MARCH 26, 2014

Since Marvel's Agents of SHIELD has begun, a couple of things have been assumed:

1. With Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) the main character, we'd meet "the cellist" mentioned in The Avengers.

2. We'd see more familiar faces from previous Joss Whedon projects pop up.

Now, in the "two birds/one stone" category, comes the casting news that Amy Acker will play that aforementioned cellist, in an upcoming episode of SHIELD. TV Guide has the news, revealing Acker's character, named Audrey, will appear in at least one episode of the series. In the episode she first appears in, Audrey still believes Coulson is dead, while he must guard her from afar after a "a super-powered threat from her past re-emerges."

103215_0374bc.jpg

Amy Acker in CBS's Person of Interest.

Acker's previous collaborations with Whedon include her series regular role on Angel, The Cabin in the Woods and a notable recurring character on Dollhouse, where she also worked with SHIELD executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. She and Whedon last collaborated on Much Ado About Nothing, which also starred Clark Gregg. Acker, now a series regular on CBS's Person of Interest, is the second Angel alum to come to SHIELD, following J. August Richards, who recurs as Mike Peterson/Deathlok on the ABC series.

Amusingly, the 37-year old Acker and 51-year old Gregg, who will now play former lovers, played niece and uncle in Much Ado.

Acker's episode of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD airs April 22nd.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03...ield-as-the-cellist-mentioned-in-the-avengers