Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
yall niccas can't be satisfied, they had Skye jump in the pool and walk around in a wet dress t-shirt, they had her sweating hitting the power bag, then you got a supervillian origin story, what y'all niccas want?

"I need more drinks and less lights
and that American Apparal girl in just tights
she told the director she tryna get in a school
he said "take them glasses off and get in the pool"

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@micaltaz7h
Your search for unlimited power brought an alien invasion. Good point.... #DemAgents #AgentsofSHIELD #GetGlue http://gtg.lu/18UUg17

@insanityreport24 Sep
lmao RT @RodLiveTweets If I had super strength when I got laid off shyt might've went way different. #DemAgents

‏@TheWoundGod1 Oct
Lmao RT @h2okev: I like how they got the brother and sister from bioshock infinite in the show #DemAgents

‏@LBrothersMedia11h
Oh, now pretty boy and Skye are buddies? Yeah, they gon fornicate soon. #DemAgents

‏@GoogleDom11h
It takes all kinds RT @RodLiveTweets: What kind of truck has a HUD like that? And this fat sweaty drity dude is an agent? #DemAgents

@RodLiveTweets11h
Damn that's how being white works in the world? You sneak into a party and leave with a JOB?! Dammit. #DemAgents

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yall niccas can't be satisfied, they had Skye jump in the pool and walk around in a wet dress t-shirt, they had her sweating hitting the power bag, then you got a supervillian origin story, what y'all niccas want

If you are looking to Agents of Shield for your T-n-A fix then I don't know what to tell ya, homie.

And that super-villain origin story could have been told in the pre-credits sequence and then the episode could have, I don't know...maybe featured an actual fukking super-villain? An hour that featured a guy in a Miami Vice suit as some supposed international criminal mastermind was kinda weak.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode was dope. I can agree that the pilot was okay, but it's an introduction, and the 2nd episode was weak and felt like a filler episode concluding the events of the 1st, but this one was dope. Anyone say otherwise is just hating because their minds are already made up off the 1st two that they won't like the premise of the show. The truth is, most of you have an overhyped idea of what the show was going to be about and are disappointed at the fact it is not what you expected. All this talk about having a superhero on the team, and it feeling like a Saturday morning cartoon, well for one; the AVENGERS movie was like a Saturday morning cartoon, it was only dope because you got to see these superheros fight together, but it had the feel and the look of a Saturday morning cartoon. If it was okay then, why complain about it now? Also, the premise of S.H.E.I.L.D. at this particular moment following through the live action Marvel universe never had any superheros in their squad to begin with and the film basically introduced the world of them existing, so with the show following immediately after the events of Avengers and Ironman 3, logically they wouldn't as of yet have a team with super-human capabilities, and the idea of the show is getting a team that have to face and confront those with those kinds of abilities and/or mysteries componants and weaponry that will lead up to a bigger picture. I am cool with that myself. My only gripe is the non-chemistry of the cast which wasn't as bad this episode than compared to the first two.

But as I stated before, this episode was dope, and you only just wanting to hate it if you think otherwise. What can you ask more? the opening sequence full of action. An actual mission. Agent Coulsen actually FIGHTING. An origin story of a supervillian to whom implied they'll be facing in the new future. And non-stop action within that small time window. It's what anybody should be asking for.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Coulson's slowly getting better, and the actress playing Skye knows how to work the Whedon dialogue. The rest of 'em :camby: Though Melinda is finally gonna get more field work. Her role shouldn't be Wash from Firefly; she's more like the Gina Torres character.

The "badass" agent is heading towards Riley from Buffy (IMO, the worst character in the history of the Whedonverse) territory. Barely a glimmer of charisma and acting ability.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
For anyone who cares about ratings (it was a topic of debate in this thread), Agents of Shield dipped again this week. It came in third in total viewers with 7.79 million behind NCIS (17.87 million :dahell:) and a The Voice clip show (10.03 million).
Agents of Shield still does well in the coveted 18-49 demo coming in second to The Voice (2.9 million) with 2.8 million.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...son-of-interest-trophy-wife-dads-flat/207870/

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For anyone who cares about ratings (it was a topic of debate in this thread), Agents of Shield dipped again this week. It came in third in total viewers with 7.79 million behind NCIS (17.87 million :dahell:) and a The Voice clip show (10.03 million).
Agents of Shield still does well in the coveted 18-49 demo coming in second to The Voice (2.9 million) with 2.8 million.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...son-of-interest-trophy-wife-dads-flat/207870/

Still pretty good numbers.

Serious question though, who the fukk are all these people watching NCIS? I've never seen an entire episode of that show....

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

They'll be fine they never gonna top Voice and NCIS in total viewers cause people over 50 watch those shows. The only thing ABC cares about is the 18-49 demo which they'll win once The Voice goes to an hour.

Serious question though, who the fukk are all these people watching NCIS? I've never seen an entire episode of that show....

People over 40 bruh, my mom and aunts love that show to death man.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
I know the show is shyt but why do ppl keep asking for this.The show is agents of shield, shield is made up of humans no? putting a sup on the team is like trying to re-do mutant x.Putting super heroes on the team goes against the whole theme of the show which is not all heroes are super.Just going to have to accept the show is poopoo
the sups I mentioned are human....:comeon: thats my point
shield has a long roster of established comic characters on the team,and not all with "powers" but the ones I listed would make sense for a tv show,as neither are considered B list,and i still believe Jessicca Drew needs to be on the show

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
it will be soon if they don't figure out their formula ...I was of the impression that they were going to fill in the gaps between the movies time lines

I thought this would've been perfect for Hawkeye & secondary characters
:manny: i been thinking it'd either be canceled in its first season or directly after

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The show definitely has pacing issues but hopefully it hit's it's stride before it get's cancelled.