Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and I watched the most recent episode......Show is a fukking joke. This episode reminded me of that shytty syndicated show Pamela Anderson used to have back in the day called "V.I.P."

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 1 of Heroes had 10x the writing and storylines than SHIELD has. Zachary Quinto wasn't a household name when Heroes came out. And if what you said is true- Quinto and the other cast members strong acting ability couldn't save the show in seasons 2 and 3 when the writing and storylines went to complete shyt:beli:

I never said good acting can completely save a show. I said good acting can save shytty dialog. Heroes didn't fall off because of the acting or the dialog, the show fell off because the show started taking stupid storyline directions.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has mediocre writing and AWFUL acting. If they had cast better actors this show wouldn't be as bad. It'd still need work, but it wouldn't be nearly unbearable to watch at times.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I never said good acting can completely save a show. I said good acting can save shytty dialog. Heroes didn't fall off because of the acting or the dialog, the show fell off because the show started taking stupid storyline directions.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has mediocre writing and AWFUL acting. If they had cast better actors this show wouldn't be as bad. It'd still need work, but it wouldn't be nearly unbearable to watch at times.

I'm not buying that in this case.. maybe for a different show, but the storylines and writing are really bad in SHIELD. Even that cameo by Sam L last week was forced and garbage. shytty dialog is shytty dialog period. A better known actor might put a little twist in his delivery but it still would be wack imo. You would just be a fan of the actor and his past work. Like if Joe Pesci was Coulson for example then it would be a comedy show straight up and down:heh:.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The premise of the show is that this particular group of Shield agents is directly dealing with the revelation of super powered humans in the world after the New York incident, so having just ONE super powered ally as par of the regular cast wouldn't be a stretch, Shield teams up with super powered heroes ALL THE TIME in the comics. J.August Richards character would be perfect as casting someone with powers who is still an Everyman so as to keep him grounded.
yeah they can have him as a ci or something, making him a shield agent is kind of like admitting to everyone watching they messed up with this show

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Actually S.H.I.E.L.D. is made up of everything.

They'd had superheroes, Mutants, Monsters, Aliens, Gods, and everything in between affiliated with the organization. Anybody that's down for the cause can work for S.H.I.E.L.D. and sometimes situations require people with unique talents to get shyt done.
All that comic stuff is cool but this show was obviously a caveat to get whedon to sign on for avengers 2.Nothing about this seems mark heavy or aimed at comic marks. Bringing a super just seems like a different direction to what the show is suppose to be

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not buying that in this case.. maybe for a different show, but the storylines and writing are really bad in SHIELD. Even that cameo by Sam L last week was forced and garbage. shytty dialog is shytty dialog period. A better known actor might put a little twist in his delivery but it still would be wack imo. You would just be a fan of the actor and his past work. Like if Joe Pesci was Coulson for example then it would be a comedy show straight up and down:heh:.

To me the way Fury was written in S.H.I.E.L.D. was exactly the same as he was written in Iron Man 2.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
That doesn't make sense. Lots of shows have started out with a couple of weak episodes only to improve dramatically as it moved on.

I said myself that there was some improvement from episode 1 to episode 2. If it continues to improve I might stick with it but it's consistently the same quality I'm not even gonna drop it , i'm just gonna forget about it. Only reason I even recalled it was coming on tongiht was because someone dapped one of my posts in this thread and I saw it LOL.
if its already been recorded following the same core formula the entire season its going to have to take the next season to refine some things and address complaints. A lot of those early episodes are the Pilot episodes to test the waters. A bunch of shows change core story points, add/remove characters once they move past the Pilots.

I did say "if the entire season has been filmed already." If they filmed the 1st few and aired these to get feed back and address some peoples issues it can get better as the season goes on and they are recording as its aired. That comment was for those that didnt like the core of the show. Just reminding people that shows change from the Pilot forward.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that comic stuff is cool but this show was obviously a caveat to get whedon to sign on for avengers 2.Nothing about this seems mark heavy or aimed at comic marks. Bringing a super just seems like a different direction to what the show is suppose to be

Well they're already bringing in Supers to some extent already.

Plus bringing in a superhero doesn't automatically mean bringing in some planet destroying superman type badass. Characters like Spider-Woman and Kitty Pryde were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents at one point.

To be clear I don't think the show NEEDS super powered cast members, but it'd be well within history of the organization to do such a thing. Hell Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America are technically S.H.I.E.L.D. agents right now.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know man.. to each his own:yeshrug: ya'll enjoy

Did you read any of my other posts? I'm not enjoying this shyt at all. I'm just saying that acting is the biggest problem the show has. If the acting was better the show wouldn't be as bad, that's not the same as me saying the show would be good.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Did you read any of my other posts? I'm not enjoying this shyt at all. I'm just saying that acting is the biggest problem the show has. If the acting was better the show wouldn't be as bad, that's not the same as me saying the show would be good.
I hear you but I'm saying that the writing is the biggest problem of the show. The hot nerd hacker is playing a hot nerd hacker, the quiet Asian killer is playing a quiet Asian killer, the two Euro geek squad cacs are playing two Euro geek squad cacs, etc- and so forth. Its the writing breh, no well known-expensive-knight in shining armor-master thespian can save this shyt.

-we'll just have to agree on disagreeing with this show so far. its all good. I get your point, I just don't agree with it.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
cant lie, this show does have the same feel and flow that a show on SyFy would have.

This kinda reminds me of it. I think it was called Alphas or something like that. that's the name that popped into my head 1st. They were a group of people with powers going on missions and such. Kinda get the same feel from this but a bigger budget.

Like it, a lot wont like it and you can see why. but, at least me personally, its a decent enough watch that I wont turn away.

Has enough going on so that I can keep my eyes on the screen for a while but there is enough meh that I can also surf the net at the same time and not worry that I'm missing anything...if that makes sense:skip:

its a :ehh:meh rather than a :scusthov:meh, personally.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
cant lie, this show does have the same feel and flow that a show on SyFy would have.

This kinda reminds me of it. I think it was called Alphas or something like that. that's the name that popped into my head 1st. They were a group of people with powers going on missions and such. Kinda get the same feel from this but a bigger budget.

Like it, a lot wont like it and you can see why. but, at least me personally, its a decent enough watch that I wont turn away.

Has enough going on so that I can keep my eyes on the screen for a while but there is enough meh that I can also surf the net at the same time and not worry that I'm missing anything...if that makes sense:skip:

its a :ehh:meh rather than a :scusthov:meh, personally.
Alphas was a much better show than this though and it didn't take several episodes to grab me.
And Alpha had a fraction of this shows budget, the team used to roll out to assignments in a minivan and shyt.
I have figured out what this show reminds me of though...it's like that old Lois and Clark show that used to come on ABC. AoS has that same sitcom feel to it. Everything about it is just too frothy and lighthearted.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Alphas was a much better show than this though and it didn't take several episodes to grab me.
And Alpha had a fraction of this shows budget, the team used to roll out to assignments in a minivan and shyt.
I have figured out what this show reminds me of though...it's like that old Lois and Clark show that used to come on ABC. AoS has that same sitcom feel to it. Everything about it is just too frothy and lighthearted.
Yeah to mention alphas in the same sentence as this show is doin (alphas) a great disservice and oversimplifying. For one it knew what it wanted to be, special fx, when used was used properly.And all the leads bare one had abilities.This trash is nothing like alphas

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I only saw the first episode.... Colson is a android :wtf:

Anyways, I look at this as minor filler between movies. Not even that. A simple spinoff that by the time another avengers movie comes out that has s.h.i.e.l.d. agents in it you will be more enganded with those characters :manny:

Most network shows suck and don't last past a season or two. I don't know why you all think this would've been different.