Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is something I said unclear...?
606463-justice_league_of_america_026__2008___avalon_dcp_.cbr___page_14.jpg

937553-ww_racist.jpg

937548-_frash.jpg

Like I said more blatant and this is well known.
:martin:That Black Power guy was a joke character from an alternate dimension version of the Justice League in a comic book written by Dwayne McDuffie.

AIcktFE.jpg

ahvJUMH.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So milestone comics was just because dc was feeling extra black

I always thought Milestone was about more independence, period. If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have been under DC and went completely indy like McFarlane, Jim Lee, Larsen and them. Remember, that uproar back then was really about creator-owned properties and pushing the envelope with all of their stories. The big 2 couldn't do that then, but Image and Milestone did that, so while they may have wanted to see more minorities, I think that was more of a bonus of owning their own characters. I think that was something they thought about after the fact, because the team didn't even stick around long enough to really bring it to fruition. Of course, we only really had Wizard to inform us then. I have to see if I can find my issues from then. And none of those characters even caught on, Static was brought to life with the cartoon and Milestone was damn near RIP then.

Plus, Spawn was the biggest thing out as far as the comic industry was concerned and it was an afterthought that he was black. He was killing the books, TV show on HBO...

The article is misleading because there aren't that many female comic book writers to begin with. And no matter what, no one really knew/knows what comic book writers look like...especially in the 90's. In the BP thread, someone didn't know Hudlin was black.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Everything u just typed is a lie. Miniorty comic book fans have been asking for more diversity in comics for years.
Yup.

"When comics was just nerd shyt wasn't nobody talkin bout diversity"

As someone who's been stanning black panther and mr. terrific for close to 20 years now, that statement is bs. I still remember those AOL 3.0 days where i was arguin with cacs who owned basic-ass comic book websites tryna tell me that BP was limited b/c he could only be successful if his stories were being told through a cac's perspective (Ross) and i should stop trying to push for more. I wish i could've saved the site so i could fukk with them when Hudlin did his run 8 years later... or where we are now a decade after that to give them the :umad::umad::umad:

And anyone who was on CBR in the early 00's knows the type of bullshyt arguments they'd be spewing about inclusion in the comics.

"sorry, black characters are only 10% of the population, so i think they got it right:smugbiden:"
"superheroes are simply an accurate reflection of the majority :smugbiden:"
"and black characters don't sell anyway :smugbiden:"
"Why's it always got to be about race, i personally don't see race in comics :smugbiden:"
"You guys are being reverse racists now :ld: Mods should lock this thread up"

The major thing that changed between now and then is cyberspace blew the fukk up into 'social media' as we know today. before it was just isolated nerd shyt to talk on inanet comic forums/discussion boards and any complaints would end there or could be ignored if the powers that be didn't want to showcase the emails or letters they got. But now with the snow ball /avalanche that social media is and how shook corporations are of bad press... well now it goes from :smugbiden: to :whoa: real quick.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yup.

"When comics was just nerd shyt wasn't nobody talkin bout diversity"

As someone who's been stanning black panther and mr. terrific for close to 20 years now, that statement is bs. I still remember those AOL 3.0 days where i was arguin with cacs who owned basic-ass comic book websites tryna tell me that BP was limited b/c he could only be successful if his stories were being told through a cac's perspective (Ross) and i should stop trying to push for more. I wish i could've saved the site so i could fukk with them when Hudlin did his run 8 years later... or where we are now a decade after that to give them the :umad::umad::umad:

And anyone who was on CBR in the early 00's knows the type of bullshyt arguments they'd be spewing about inclusion in the comics.

"sorry, black characters are only 10% of the population, so i think they got it right:smugbiden:"
"superheroes are simply an accurate reflection of the majority :smugbiden:"
"and black characters don't sell anyway :smugbiden:"
"Why's it always got to be about race, i personally don't see race in comics :smugbiden:"
"You guys are being reverse racists now :ld: Mods should lock this thread up"

The major thing that changed between now and then is cyberspace blew the fukk up into 'social media' as we know today. before it was just isolated nerd shyt to talk on inanet comic forums/discussion boards and any complaints would end there or could be ignored if the powers that be didn't want to showcase the emails or letters they got. But now with the snow ball /avalanche that social media is and how shook corporations are of bad press... well now it goes from :smugbiden: to :whoa: real quick.
I used to see similar arguments on the WizardWorld forums too back in the day.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I have concrete park on .cbr but haven't read it yet i'm fukkin up. There's two arcs/books at this point

comic books ain't prestigious enough for me to give a fukk about my people being a part. I halfway don't fukk with them symbolically but that's a diff. convo

Shout out to @Arishok tho :salute:see you at the top

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I'm losing track of how many things I'm supposed to be outraged by. Black men are being killed by cops, a candidate for president actively ignoring the black community, and there's a convention in Cleveland that might be a powder keg. But this is the thing I should be upset at
Breh, you forgot bedwenches, gangs, "proper" talking, drugs, guns... Step your outrage game up... I dont think I git all yet either, LOL...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh, you forgot bedwenches, gangs, "proper" talking, drugs, guns... Step your outrage game up... I dont think I git all yet either, LOL...

Oh yeah I forgot I'm supposed to be mad at black women marrying white men. How could I forget that I should be pissed at how someone else chooses to live their life when it has no merit on me whatsoever?

And timeout..proper talking? I missed that train too. We're supposed to speak with slang all the time?

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Oh yeah I forgot I'm supposed to be mad at black women marrying white men. How could I forget that I should be pissed at how someone else chooses to live their life when it has no merit on me whatsoever?

And timeout..proper talking? I missed that train too. We're supposed to speak with slang all the time?
Yeah, my BM white, apparently Im a race traitor & Black men should be outraged by my mixed children that dont affect them....

I work customer service so when I talk professional Im "talking white", like we dont got professional Black men... Im supposed to walk up on old white dudes like "whats up O.G., you need directions my nikka???" LOL...

Man Im bout to go update my book collection & check out the Comics thread... Brehs outrageous...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, my BM white, apparently Im a race traitor & Black men should be outraged by my mixed children that dont affect them....

I work customer service so when I talk professional Im "talking white", like we dont got professional Black men... Im supposed to walk up on old white dudes like "whats up O.G., you need directions my nikka???" LOL...

Man Im bout to go update my book collection & check out the Comics thread... Brehs outrageous...

Wow we're still on this "talking white" shyt anytime we use proper grammar and diction and enunciation but have the nerve to get mad at black stereotypes in movies.

The dualities

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Why does Marvel, DC, or any company need to hire a minority writer or hell any type of writer.
If you don't like Marvel shyt or DC shyt, get off your ass and write your own story geared toward your own audience, whatever that may be.