Marvel was founded in 1939 and has never hired a Black woman writer

Daps
Reppin
Canada
It might be a manga but Fullmetal Alchemist was written by a woman and is one of the GOAT.
So was Inuyasha and Ramna 1/2:yeshrug:. Those women are genuine fans of shonen manga. Find a writer who genuinely cares about comic books.

Women complain about sexism in video games that they don't even play.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Manga's full of women writers/artists, though.

CLAMP is the GOAT

edit: I didn't say CLAMP is the GOAT to be argumentative, just pledging my allegiance.
didn't known CLAMP was female? Chobits seemed like it was written by a creepy Japanese dude. Females over there don't give a fukk. :mjlol:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
didn't known CLAMP was female? Chobits seemed like it was written by a creepy Japanese dude. Females over there don't give a fukk. :mjlol:

yeah, whole team. Artist, writer, inker, editor.

latest

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
women who read comic books let alone write them have to be a pretty niche audience. Black women even smaller of one.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I have concrete park on .cbr but haven't read it yet i'm fukkin up. There's two arcs/books at this point

comic books ain't prestigious enough for me to give a fukk about my people being a part. I halfway don't fukk with them symbolically but that's a diff. convo

Shout out to @Arishok tho :salute:see you at the top
How about anime

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
alot of reader feel like american cartoon/comics are childish and less creative compare to manga/anime
oh bet. Yea you hear that argument come up consistently. I think people just put whatever genre they're more entrenched in on a pedestal. Like with music you notice the ones hatin almost always only know the artist from singles, the fans know them from everything mixtapes, album cuts, etc. so they see them different.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I actually can name a few women writers I like.
Kelly Sue Deconnick
Gail Simone
G Willow Wilson.....and that's about it lol.
The truth is that people need to stop looking for the big two (Marvel/DC) to be industry changers..support indie writers/artist

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I have concrete park on .cbr but haven't read it yet i'm fukkin up. There's two arcs/books at this point

comic books ain't prestigious enough for me to give a fukk about my people being a part. I halfway don't fukk with them symbolically but that's a diff. convo

Shout out to @Arishok tho :salute:see you at the top

I don't agree with this sentiment in the slightest. As a casual comic reader myself, I think you should care about our people being a part of it, whether you find it "prestigious" or not.

Comic book writer writes comic book.
Comic book blows up and spawns more comic books.
Multiple comic books becomes comic book company.
Comic book company makes cartoons.
Comic book cartoons become comic book movies.
Comic book company gets bought my major multi billion dollar corporation.

All stemming from a writer writing a comic book.

Are you sure you don't want "our people" to be a part of it? If you don't care about the lack of black comic writers, male or female, then you shouldn't care either when that said lack of representation exacerbates as you get further up that ladder I just laid out.

Long story short, there'll never be a black Marvel (multi billion dollar company), if one black guy or girl doesn't write one comic book. "Prestigious" or not.