Marvel was founded in 1939 and has never hired a Black woman writer

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Hopefully, black people will start something NOW, so we can say 77 years from now; we built something for ourselves. I'm done worrying about how many blacks.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am shocked DC or Marvel hasn't tries to scoop up Erika Alexander yet. Her Concrete Park is a really good book.
z7qslOJ.jpg

I still find it :mindblown: that Max from Living Single is a comic book writer now.
:ohhh: concrete park was dope didnt know a black woman helped make it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
time for me to act outraged :hahapaul:

*drop kicks my sons Spiderman figure

I'm losing track of how many things I'm supposed to be outraged by. Black men are being killed by cops, a candidate for president actively ignoring the black community, and there's a convention in Cleveland that might be a powder keg. But this is the thing I should be upset at

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'm losing track of how many things I'm supposed to be outraged by. Black men are being killed by cops, a candidate for president actively ignoring the black community, and there's a convention in Cleveland that might be a powder keg. But this the thing I should be upset at
*in my best Kanye West voice
"Marvel
doesnt
care
about
black
people."
:yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just did some research and her husband is the writer. He's also the guy who wrote the script for eraser.
Yeah they co-write it together. Her husband wrote one of those Arnold Schwarezenegger movies. I think it was Eraser, the one with Vanessa Williams.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah they co-write it together. Her husband wrote one of those Arnold Schwarezenegger movies. I think it was Eraser, the one with Vanessa Williams.

Lol yeah I said he wrote eraser. First black man to pen the script for a movie making $100 mill. Good for him man. Need more cats to do that

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Lol yeah I said he wrote eraser. First black man to pen the script for a movie making $100 mill. Good for him man. Need more cats to do that
I completely missed that you wrote that.:mjlol:
I looked dude up on IMDb and its crazy that he wrote a big action hit like Eraser and then nothing else of note. You'd think having a blockbuster under your belt would open you up to being offered tons of writing gigs.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I completely missed that you wrote that.:mjlol:
I looked dude up on IMDb and its crazy that he wrote a big action hit like Eraser and then nothing else of note. You'd think having a blockbuster under your belt would open you up to being offered tons of writing gigs.

Yup even if eraser wasn't recieved as well as other Arnold joints it was still a hit and Arnold's last hit for real.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Everything u just typed is a lie. Miniorty comic book fans have been asking for more diversity in comics for years.

He wasn't telling lies. How many black women comic book readers do you know? What about black women sci-fi/fantasy book readers? It's a very minute group. They were even more ostracized than black men comic book readers. I would say even 10 years ago, no one cared as much to what comic book writers/readers looked like.

Actually the argument from minority readers for more diversity is fairly new as well. Older comics fans always gravitated towards the characters they liked, period. It didn't matter the gender/nationality. There weren't "we need more _____ characters" because there are charcters that you liked that you wouldd hope someone picked up and gave some shine to. That has always been the argument before "make a new character that's _______." Well, that's been my experiece with it.

All of this new diversity push is moreso because of the popularity in pop culture from the past decade.