Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Bad examples of female driven action movies breh. BloodRayne, Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet are better. The whole reason why they've avoided a Black Widow solo movie is because of the movies I named.

Oh and 50 Shades isn't YA :mjlol:
Perfect examples to me, you can add the ones you mentioned to the list but the point remains the same.

I doubt Black widow solo was avoided because of those, the property itself before avenger movies and MCU wasn't viable to even make as a movie to be honest.

50 Shades was a twilight fan fic, thats why I threw it in the YA category.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I rather see a Black Widow film over another Thor movie. I also feel Ruffalo deserves a chance to carry his own Hulk movie.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
the movie completely sells me on tony's motivation, there was never a point in the movie i felt he was wrong. even if you were on team cap and you thought siding with the govt was a bad idea... you could always see where tony was coming from. you believed him.

with cap i feel like he was a bit stubborn, like he wasn't willing to negotiate or reason. and not in an admirable way i.e. "these are my principles and i'm sticking to them"... but like he wasn't sympathetic to the other side at all. also his devotion to bucky was very jarring to me.

when tony said he wanted to punch him in the teeth, i felt like i wanted to as well. not because i was jealous of how perfect he was, but because he was being a bit of an annoying dikkhead. part of that is how he was written, but i think part of it is also evans's flat delivery sometimes.

I didn't get that at all from the movie.
As to the contrary I thought both stated and acted their beliefs quite rationally.

I think you are confusing you naturally being inclined to agree with Sparks position as meaning the other side was acted improperly, and I just didn't see that.

Capt. America building off Winter Soldier has a severe mistrust of government abuse of authority and trampling of individual rights, IE supposed back bone of American experiment. So as he stated, who are a group of other people with their own agendas to start forcing others to bow down to them as if they are perfect. There is merit to both sides but if you aren't a strong individualist, the natural inclination is that you might read the forcefulness of the position to control as being more adequately presented. IMHO

Daps
Reppin
NYC
As to the contrary I thought both stated and acted their beliefs quite rationally.

I think you are confusing you naturally being inclined to agree with Sparks position as meaning the other side was acted improperly, and I just didn't see that.

Capt. America building off Winter Soldier has a severe mistrust of government abuse of authority and trampling of individual rights, IE supposed back bone of American experiment. So as he stated, who are a group of other people with their own agendas to start forcing others to bow down to them as if they are perfect. There is merit to both sides but if you aren't a strong individualist, the natural inclination is that you might read the forcefulness of the position to control as being more adequately presented. IMHO

No I actually agree with Cap. I DON'T believe the Avengers should answer to the government.

I just thought Tony made a more passionate argument. Cap's tone felt very dismissive to me for some reason.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Except she wasn't, she wasn't the co-lead, winter soldier was Chris Evans movie, Sj was support, just like Sam Jackson, Mackie, and Redford.
She was in the movie about as much as Evans damn near. If Captain America can't get another solo movie (let's be real Civil War is a stealth Avengers movie) why should she though?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Basically what I got from It cuz of TWS
Can't even blame stark for wanna kill Bucky tho
Same time I get why cap was defending him he was brainwashed
Should of told stark from get go and that's on him

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
She was in the movie about as much as Evans damn near. If Captain America can't get another solo movie (let's be real Civil War is a stealth Avengers movie) why should she though?
Capt America being an avengers movie is more to do with casting for RDJ and trying to realign budgeting I believe to sign him up long term.

No I actually agree with Cap. I DON'T believe the Avengers should answer to the government.

I just thought Tony made a more passionate argument. Cap's tone felt very dismissive to me for some reason.
Well I just didn't see it that way.

Basically what I got from It cuz of TWS
Can't even blame stark for wanna kill Bucky tho
Same time I get why cap was defending him he was brainwashed
Should of told stark from get go and that's on him

That capt thing was poor writing, made no sense in the structure of the story to be honest.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What u mean so I understand?
That capt knew about the incident with bucky and stark parents was a plot hole.
They never built that Capt knew that at all, and they don't even state how he would know that, it was a plot hole and made no sense in the structure of the story.