Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't see the smugness, what do you mean?

the movie completely sells me on tony's motivation, there was never a point in the movie i felt he was wrong. even if you were on team cap and you thought siding with the govt was a bad idea... you could always see where tony was coming from. you believed him.

with cap i feel like he was a bit stubborn, like he wasn't willing to negotiate or reason. and not in an admirable way i.e. "these are my principles and i'm sticking to them"... but like he wasn't sympathetic to the other side at all. also his devotion to bucky was very jarring to me.

when tony said he wanted to punch him in the teeth, i felt like i wanted to as well. not because i was jealous of how perfect he was, but because he was being a bit of an annoying dikkhead. part of that is how he was written, but i think part of it is also evans's flat delivery sometimes.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The argument of superstars carrying movie should be dead by now. We are 10 years into the era of post superstars. Even Downey can't guarantee a movie being huge outside of a franchise, The Judge proved that. ScarJo caught lightening in a bottle with Lucy, but again look at the whole filmography and you'll find she doesn't have many big successes as a lead.

As for saying its ridiculous to be conservative in launching properties, DC's failures since MoS confirms why you shouldn't throw money down the hole and expect a larger return simply because of the property. Hell BvS should confirm that.

Your initial budgeting is the different between a surprise success or a big money flop. better to keep the costs low and focus on story and building than blow your money on spectacle.
Tom cruise and lio would like to have a word with you. But other than those 2 you're probably right. Maybe the Rock is up there

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought if a Black Widow movie was done like the first Jason Bourne then it'd do big numbers. So I'm on board if it's gonna be done right.
Bout damn time. My best friend was genuinely perplexed last summer as to why we were getting an ant-man movie before a black widow movie. If they do this right, basically the more serious version of Spy, this could be the female James Bond
more like mission impossible
giphy.gif
tumblr_n9qsplxi8Q1td2mbyo6_500-1.gif
:troll:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
A gritty director is perfect for Black Widow she's as ruthless a character as it gets. She's nerfed body cound wise a little bit because of the movies she's appeared in but besides Winer Soldier, Wolverine, Sabertooth and the rest of weapon x squad, Deadpool and a few others no one has a higher body count. I think Scarlett would bring in a serviceable amount of money it just depends on who's writing and the director.

god's honest truth i was more impressed with widow's hand to hand than anything i've seen in just about any superhero movie. they really nailed that imo and i would love to see what other tricks they have in store for her.

seriously just give me a whole movie of widow infiltrating high security strongholds and taking out random henchmen.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Tom cruise and lio would like to have a word with you. But other than those 2 you're probably right. Maybe the Rock is up there

Tom Cruise knows it, that is why is back to genre films and going with franchises.
There is a reason he is doing Top Gun 2 now, staring in a reboot of The Mummy and went back to Mission Impossible.
Oblivion and Edge of Tommorrow were flops.
Reacher was his success and it only budgeted for 60 mil.
His superstar days are over, industry has changed..

Leo doesn't really have any big blockbusters smashes. he has a lot of critical darling films but no huge trendsetting movies to his name outside of Titanic.
Hell after titanic the best movie he had was with Tom hanks in Catch Me if you can.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Am I the only person who believes that ScarJo was a miscast for BW? I think they should've casted a young unknown european actress. She's suppose to be Russian but looks like a regular white girl in a wig and has no accent but then again since Marvel likes white washing roles it's no surprise.

Yuliya Snigir would've been perfect

50272-yuliya-snigir-gif-VnTd.gif

Superstar
Daps
Might actually be interesting but I would think a Ruffalo Hulk movie is more overdue. A World War Hulk or Planet Hulk movie would be :banderas::banderas:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hollywood does try to bet on women blockbusters, they usually fail. For every Tomb Raider and lucy, you get a bunch of Salts, 5th Waves, Last Kiss Goodbye and etc.
That said plenty of female centered YA properties that flop for every 50 Shades, Twilight, and Hunger Games.

Bad examples of female driven action movies breh. BloodRayne, Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet are better. The whole reason why they've avoided a Black Widow solo movie is because of the movies I named.

Oh and 50 Shades isn't YA :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Might actually be interesting but I would think a Ruffalo Hulk movie is more overdue. A World War Hulk or Planet Hulk movie would be :banderas::banderas:
shyt aint never gonna happen

Hulk'll be runnin from Gen.Ross on screen til the cows come home