Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The problem with Hulk is that they refuse to evolve Banner properly. That Bill Bixby mopey 'I don't like being the Hulk' shyt is so ingrained in people's minds that they're scared of moving away from it even though the comics did it ages ago. They had the right idea in the first Avengers flick with Banner being on that 'I'm always angry' shtick where he has better control over the Hulk and an idea of how to guide him, but they still refuse to embrace that properly which is stupid because you're basically have the main character spend the whole movie trying to prevent the one thing everyone's coming to see a Hulk movie for (Hulk Smash) from happening. Once you make Banner accept the Hulk and the dynamic changes from the government/Avengers being the ones afraid of how comfortable Banner's getting with the Hulk, you get the Bruce Banner and thus the movie that people will want to see.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They usually fail because they're led by female stars that fail to draw both men and women. ScarJo is a big exception because females rock with her almost as much as men do, and as such is far safer to bet on than most actresses.

Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of saying studios shouldn't invest "big money" in the first outings of franchises that have been a mainstay in pop culture for at least (and in some cases for far over) 40 years. Outside of incompetence there's nothing standing in their way of turning them into money makers the same way Marvel has done with their B/C-properties (and Marvel has gone all in from the start on all of them)l.

The argument of superstars carrying movie should be dead by now. We are 10 years into the era of post superstars. Even Downey can't guarantee a movie being huge outside of a franchise, The Judge proved that. ScarJo caught lightening in a bottle with Lucy, but again look at the whole filmography and you'll find she doesn't have many big successes as a lead.

As for saying its ridiculous to be conservative in launching properties, DC's failures since MoS confirms why you shouldn't throw money down the hole and expect a larger return simply because of the property. Hell BvS should confirm that.

Your initial budgeting is the different between a surprise success or a big money flop. better to keep the costs low and focus on story and building than blow your money on spectacle.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
NAWW u aint hearin me
I want a HULK MOVIE marvel droppin the ball on hulk

They are fukkin crazy for not making a Hulk movie.

I know.. I loved the second movie... :mjcry:

But who would he fight, he's not running from the govt anymore he's essentially a free man and can control the hulk to a degree...

The only thing I think would work is WWH.... :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I agree but being that it's Cap's movie it would be great if he stood out among the cast as well. Not saying he isn't serviceable, he definitely is, but he's exposed a bit when he's on screen with better actors.

Maybe it's just me, but there were moments in this movie where I thought he came off a bit smug. Not fitting of Cap.
Chris won me over in Avengers 1 and definitely WS but I think the smugness was due to how he had to portrayed in this one. Dudes onky objectives were to protect Bucky and be able to police himself because he felt governments have failed him in the modern day.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't see the smugness, what do you mean?
Chris won me over in Avengers 1 and definitely WS but I think the smugness was due to how he had to portrayed in this one. Dudes onky objectives were to protect Bucky and be able to police himself because he felt governments have failed him in the modern day.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I know.. I loved the second movie... :mjcry:

But who would he fight, he's not running from the govt anymore he's essentially a free man and can control the hulk to a degree...

The only thing I think would work is WWH.... :yeshrug:
Ross damn sure wants him still trust he'll always be an enemy to the government. To be different they should touch on the different hulf personalities and have Bruce team with regular Green savage and Grey against Devil Hulk. Bring in Strange to combine them into Professor Hulk.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The argument of superstars carrying movie should be dead by now. We are 10 years into the era of post superstars. Even Downey can't guarantee a movie being huge outside of a franchise, The Judge proved that. ScarJo caught lightening in a bottle with Lucy, but again look at the whole filmography and you'll find she doesn't have many big successes as a lead.

As for saying its ridiculous to be conservative in launching properties, DC's failures since MoS confirms why you shouldn't throw money down the hole and expect a larger return simply because of the property. Hell BvS should confirm that.

Your initial budgeting is the different between a surprise success or a big money flop. better to keep the costs low and focus on story and building than blow your money on spectacle.

Every mega star has had his misses, that doesn't mean stardom is dead, it is simply becoming less common.

DC's failures since MoS have to do with their incompetent creative team. If Marvel can make a bunch of C-list characters like Ant-Man and GotG headline profitable blockbusters movies, they can too. Investing in those properties is only throwing money down the well if they don't know what they're doing.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The problem with Hulk is that they refuse to evolve Banner properly. That Bill Bixby mopey 'I don't like being the Hulk' shyt is so ingrained in people's minds that they're scared of moving away from it even though the comics did it ages ago. They had the right idea in the first Avengers flick with Banner being on that 'I'm always angry' shtick where he has better control over the Hulk and an idea of how to guide him, but they still refuse to embrace that properly which is stupid because you're basically have the main character spend the whole movie trying to prevent the one thing everyone's coming to see a Hulk movie for (Hulk Smash) from happening. Once you make Banner accept the Hulk and the dynamic changes from the government/Avengers being the ones afraid of how comfortable Banner's getting with the Hulk, you get the Bruce Banner and thus the movie that people will want to see.

I think, or at least hope, Thor: Ragnarok will be where the MCU starts to develop that Banner/Hulk dynamic into something worthy of a solo film. They've been slowly evolving him, but giving him second billing may be the chance for a breakout. Fingers crossed.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
outside of Lucy most of the movies she leads are flops.
Hell Lucy was a surprise and a surprise in a very bad way in that it left people angry after seeing it.
We will see with this one though, all of it relies on budgetings iMHO.

How many action movies has she been in outside of the Marvel movies and Lucy? :beli:

She was the lead in Lucy and co-lead in Captain America 2 both were hits :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don't see the smugness, what do you mean?
I was responding to @Kill Dat Noize but I didn't say it clearly I'm feeling lazy lol. I don't necessarily think smugness but it was just the nature of the situation that made Cap act like he did. A lot of people died due to Bucky and even he said that despite being brainwashed he still carried those orders out. Cap was stubborn as hell in the movie to some but loyal to others. I'm glad the Russos didn't make the movie as bias as the comic though :pachaha:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Every mega star has had his misses, that doesn't mean stardom is dead, it is simply becoming less common.

DC's failures since MoS have to do with their incompetent creative team. If Marvel can make a bunch of C-list characters like Ant-Man and GotG headline profitable blockbusters movies, they can too. Investing in those properties is only throwing money down the well if they don't know what they're doing.

Well that marvel success proves my point, its the age of properties, not superstars.
No one is opening big on just who is staring anymore, its been that way for a while.
The last superstars were Cruise and Will smith and now even they have lost that good will and ability.

How many action movies has she been in outside of the Marvel movies and Lucy? :beli:

She was the lead in Lucy and co-lead in Captain America 2 both were hits :yeshrug:

she wasn't co-lead in Captain America she was a female support equal in support with Mackie.

Would love for this to have a J. Wick body count
with some of that Bourne feeling to it

This has potential

:obama:

Wick proved you don't need to be big in budget to make a solid action movie.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
A gritty director is perfect for Black Widow she's as ruthless a character as it gets. She's nerfed body cound wise a little bit because of the movies she's appeared in but besides Winer Soldier, Wolverine, Sabertooth and the rest of weapon x squad, Deadpool and a few others no one has a higher body count. I think Scarlett would bring in a serviceable amount of money it just depends on who's writing and the director.