Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Lucy is an anomaly in her film work though. I wouldn't put much stock in her being able to repeat it off the bat and I think there might be residual mistrust in her based off that movie to be honest.

Start off with a low budget, solid story and strong practical effects, something from the guy who did John Wick and see how it does. If she still pulls in audience great up the budget. if not, its a one off and its okay.

Lucy is an anomaly in general because Hollywood rarely bets on female driven blockbusters. And nobody is saying they should pour $150 million into it, but there's a market for the movie so again, it depends on how Marvel decides to play it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Lucy is an anomaly in general because Hollywood rarely bets on female driven blockbusters. And nobody is saying they should pour $150 million into it, but there's a market for the movie so again, it depends on how Marvel decides to play it.

Hollywood does try to bet on women blockbusters, they usually fail. For every Tomb Raider and lucy, you get a bunch of Salts, 5th Waves, Last Kiss Goodbye and etc.
That said plenty of female centered YA properties that flop for every 50 Shades, Twilight, and Hunger Games.

Black Widow as a solo property and SJ haven't proven they can consistantly open a movie and for that reason alone, just like with WW, SS, and The Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman big money should not be put in the first entry into these spinoffs.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like they don't think the bruce banner stuff can work for a full on solo and that's why they're hesitant

that's foolish though don't you think? i mean i've heard them make that excuse before, but i never bought into it. sounds to me like they are just inept.

no reason why we can't have good hulk movies.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i was just lookin back on the nimbers that the last hulk movie did it was only 250 mil:why:
i thought it was a alright movie. i thought people liked Hulk:why:

it was a weird situation. the ang lee hulk was released only 4-5 years earlier. not only were audiences not fully sold on reboots yet, but it felt weird to have it rebooted so soon.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hollywood does try to bet on women blockbusters, they usually fail. For every Tomb Raider and lucy, you get a bunch of Salts, 5th Waves, Last Kiss Goodbye and etc.
That said plenty of female centered YA properties that flop for every 50 Shades, Twilight, and Hunger Games.

Black Widow as a solo property and SJ haven't proven they can consistantly open a movie and for that reason alone, just like with WW, SS, and The Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman big money should not be put in the first entry into these spinoffs.
They usually fail because they're led by female stars that fail to draw both men and women. ScarJo is a big exception because females rock with her almost as much as men do, and as such is far safer to bet on than most actresses.

Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of saying studios shouldn't invest "big money" in the first outings of franchises that have been a mainstay in pop culture for at least (and in some cases for far over) 40 years. Outside of incompetence there's nothing standing in their way of turning them into money makers the same way Marvel has done with their B/C-properties (and Marvel has gone all in from the start on all of them).

They are fukkin crazy for not making a Hulk movie.

I feel like they don't think the bruce banner stuff can work for a full on solo and that's why they're hesitant

A Hulk solo movie has to made through Universal who still hold the rights. Marvel loans the character similar to the Spidey/Sony deal, and with the last Hulk movie barely outgrossing Ang Lee's Hulk, Hulk is not deemed a profitable property, especially when they gotta share with Universal.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's foolish though don't you think? i mean i've heard them make that excuse before, but i never bought into it. sounds to me like they are just inept.

no reason why we can't have good hulk movies.

I don't think its foolish though. I think there's generally a problem they're having, whether it's from a creative standpoint or not, to make bruce banner someone you want to cheer for and enjoy watching in a movie. No matter how charming Ruffalo is, Bruce as a character is defined by how sad and mopey he is. It's one thing to be a reluctant hero but it's another thing entirely to be reluctant and miserable and sad and remorseful about it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think Ruffalo would do a good job tho:mjcry:

I think he'd do a great job. but it's just a hard code to crack. I think the best way to do a hulk movie is to have it just be a hulk movie and possibly leave bruce out of it. Or maybe they checked the math and figured no one's that interested in the hulk solo, love him in the team ups so figured just keep him in the team ups that way we don't spoil the apple

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think its foolish though. I think there's generally a problem they're having, whether it's from a creative standpoint or not, to make bruce banner someone you want to cheer for and enjoy watching in a movie. No matter how charming Ruffalo is, Bruce as a character is defined by how sad and mopey he is. It's one thing to be a reluctant hero but it's another thing entirely to be reluctant and miserable and sad and remorseful about it

I have just the director...

MV5BMTMzMjUyNjk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc2Mzk3NA@@._V1_UY317_CR11,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

:steviej: