Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
So Chris Evans isn't Captain America? cmon now.

I didnt say that. But the fans already accepted the fact Cap was gonna die and bucky was gonna take his place. Granted the comics softens this blow already but still.

IM and BW marvel fans would riot if they ever changed actors.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Chris is Capt. America just as much as RDJ is Iron Man imho.
As for BW, they had to build her up before they made a movie for her solo and they have done a good job doing so.
There was no reason before hand to even consider it, same with Hawkeye.

Hawkeye is NO WHERE near the same league as BW. NO WHERE NEAR.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I didnt say that. But the fans already accepted the fact Cap was gonna die and bucky was gonna take his place. Granted the comics softens this blow already but still.

No they wouldn't they would get over it because they like the characters more than the actors who popularized them.
Same with Batman, after Keaton everyone failed, Bale revived Batman and people said who can replace Bale, then Affleck is shown and seen and now everyone is hyped about Batffleck.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

No, comic book heads knew that was a possibility but the average fan of these films would go ape shyt if The Winter Soldier took over the mantle of cap and Chris Evans died. I'm willing to double down on it now. The only way that happens is in Infinity War 1 but whats more likely to happen is Thor dies and Cap becomes the worthy.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Hawkeye is NO WHERE near the same league as BW. NO WHERE NEAR.
Before the series they were on teh same plane, hell arguably before the movie Hawkeye was the far more valuable property and I haven't forgotten some people questioning why Black Widow was even included in the Avengers instead of the principle core from the comics.

Good acting has made the character more prominant and after teh roles it is now strong enough to branch off on its own, but that had to be worked at to achieve.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Chris Evans IS CAPTAIN AMERICA. Of course he's not Tony Stark like RDJ because Captain America isn't like Tony Stark.

His performance lacks the nobility and assurance I expect from Cap.

Again I think he's very good, he DEFINITELY looks the part, but I think he can be outdone. I read somewhere that John Krasinski was originally in the running, now that would have been inspired casting.

Also, for what it's worth, Evans could not compete with Downey in Civil War. He got outshined in every scene.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Only Joss could make it work in a Funny Buffy way. Her tied up with the Russian in the first avengers was a classic Sarah Michelle Gellar style scene.

I don't really want to see her busting more guns than Dinero in heat.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Before the series they were on teh same plane, hell arguably before the movie Hawkeye was the far more valuable property and I haven't forgotten some people questioning why Black Widow was even included in the Avengers instead of the principle core from the comics.

Good acting has made the character more prominant and after teh roles it is now strong enough to branch off on its own, but that had to be worked at to achieve.

I thought u meant as of now. My bad. I agree with this

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
His performance lacks the nobility and assurance I expect from Cap.

Again I think he's very good, he DEFINITELY looks the part, but I think he can be outdone. I read somewhere that John Krasinski was originally in the running, now that would have been inspired casting.

Also, for what it's worth, Evans could not compete with Downey in Civil War. He got outshined in every scene.
Disagree.
I think he projects a earnestness and self confidence and naivete of what Marvel wants Captain America to have. You have to remember too, that he is still adjusting to the new world and hasn't become a cynic like the average american is after years of being fukked over.

I think Krasinki would have been a terrible choice, mainly because he is a one note actor. That seal team movie and the movie with Damon about fracking showed me that.

Only Joss could make it work in a Funny Buffy way. Her tied up with the Russian in the first avengers was a classic Sarah Michelle Gellar style scene.

I don't really want to see her busting more guns than Dinero in heat.
I hate Weedon's style and fetisization of women fighters.
The dude who directed Wick would be a excellent choice for the movie because he could make it far more grounded in style and integrating more realistic style fight scenes for women characters and male characters than what Marvel has done yet. iMHO.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
to me would gross like 250mill maybe even more

could literally be a female bond type film but with more action

Lucy made almost double that with a restrictive rating.

This movie being part of the Marvel world/universe and the character already being popular should have it doing around Ant-Man numbers on an even smaller budget.