Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You can make Blade PG-13, but an R rated version would be better.

I honestly don’t know why they are trying to make a Blade movie. The character is probably right below Punisher in violence.

To me a TV show is a much much better route at this stage to save the embarrassment of a theatrical release.

No way this movie is good at this point.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
The MCU turned Moon Knight to a bumbling idiot, and Kingpin to a cartoon character. So I’m not surprise about this news. And people think they will do. The Punisher, Blade, and Ghostrider justice lol. I’m scared for the homies Daredevil, and Deadpool.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The MCU turned Moon Knight to a bumbling idiot, and Kingpin to a cartoon character. So I’m not surprise about this news. And people think they will do. The Punisher, Blade, and Ghostrider justice lol. I’m scared for the homies Daredevil, and Deadpool.

Daredevil Reborn is going to be a total disaster

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Moon Knight was my litmus test I was so excited when they finally pushed forward with something for him. A series is perfect to introduce him and.......it was honestly mid. They did enough with the character to push him forward but they don't seem to be committed to a season 2. He needs a guest spot in a major film asap but Disney needs to put him in something supernatural with a better budget to cut loose.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Considering this studio has dropped

Black Widow
Love and Thunder
She-Hulk
Eternals
Hawkeye

This shyt had to be bottom of the barrel bad.

I'll give Ali credit if he saw it was a train wreck and forced Marvel's hand. He knew it was gonna all blow up in his face had this been released as it was.

Maybe the recent critical drubbings they've taken lately they're taking to heart.

Call back Del Toro. Or if they wanna actually getting good action and some credibility back call Gareth Evans, Chad Stahelski, Christopher McQuarrie or maybe even Taylor Sheridan. Call the Daredevil team too for fight coordination. Get fukking serious.

Stop getting these art-house "vision" directors and get someone who knows wtf they doing with comic material. Blade is vampires, martial arts and motorcycles. I don't know WTF this dude had up his sleeves. They're the type that if they were asked if they watched Blade 1 and 2 would tell you "we don't need to look at that as inspiration for this" or "we have better than that" as if that shyts beneath them.

Get someone that gets to the meat and potatoes of it all. Hell man even call Alex Proyas- he did the original Crow and Dark City. Or Alex Garland who did Ex Machina.

And when X-Men drops call the likes of Denis Villeneuve or even Doug Liman. Throw the bag at Nolan shyt. Quit being fukking cute, drop the self-deprecating humor and make the tone serious again with an occasional joke ala Iron man 1 or Winter Soldier.

Every movie doesn't need to be a classic I'm cool with a "Shang Chi", GOTG 1 & 2 or Ant Man 1 & 2. But it's getting ridiculous. The days of Love and Thunder and She-Hulk are total bullshyt.
She-Hulk had a lot of content scrapped because it wasn’t PG enough.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
She-Hulk had a lot of content scrapped because it wasn’t PG enough.
:francis:

John Wick Director Reveals What He Told Kevin Feige About MCU Blade Reboot - IGN

‘I think they are protecting their brand’: John Wick Director Chad Stahelski Reveals He Was Seriously Considered To Direct Blade, Bowed Out Because Kevin Feige Doesn’t Want R-Rated Edgy Marvel Movies - FandomWire

Told my man's to his face he wanted Blade. Would have had top notch fight scenes, dark tone, great stunts and atmosphere to boot. This is an epic fail on Feige.

Ain't that a bytch

Honestly they'd be better off letting him finish up the last stages of JW4 and seeing if he can do this in the spring.

Ridiculous. So that's why the Blade script was trash. They kept trying to water it down so it would be Marvel friendly until it was nothing.

And if that's what they're doing then at this point it's better to leave it alone because a pg-13 Blade is like a pg-13 Daredevil, She-Hulk, Kingpin, Hawkeye, etc...a watered down clown show.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I have a feeling that they almost lost Chloe Zhao too due to the fact that she wanted to shoot on real locations. Then on top of that, Feige embarrassingly admitted that he hadn't even seen any of her work so when he saw Nomadland, he was like, "Oooh, okay. So that's why she wanted to shoot practical."

Eternals dosen't even feel like a Chloe Zhao movie....if i were to go in blind i wouldn't believe that the director who did The Rider and Nomadland did that movie.

Feige probably gets recommendation from his team on the directors to hire. Alot of their movies have up and coming directors with buzz like Nia Decosta, Chloe Zhao and Bassem Tariq. It Feels like they want to have their own Nolan, but they so protective of their IP that they won't let the directors get creative.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
If the Deadpool and Wolverine movie is going to be R rated no reason this can't be as well

Anything else is going to weaksauce.

Maybe them scrapping and starting again is for the damn best. I hope M .Ali keeps a close eye on the progress of the script this time.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
They're going to have to start embracing making R-rated super/anti-hero series and films. I know it's a small amount of IP this would apply to, but it's better than watering down characters for the sake of making sure a some stupid ass parent doesn't complain about their precious child being exposed to cursing. I could see them doing some scum shyt and having people pay extra on the app or only releasing the R-rated releases in theaters lol

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
They're going to have to start embracing making R-rated super/anti-hero series and films. I know it's a small amount of IP this would apply to, but it's better than watering down characters for the sake of making sure a some stupid ass parent doesn't complain about their precious child being exposed to cursing. I could see them doing some scum shyt and having people pay extra on the app or only releasing the R-rated releases in theaters lol

Rated R characters and PG-13 characters interact all the time in the comics. This is ridiculous. I get they don't want Wolverine rated R since he's mainstream as hell now but the fact that a "focus group" at Disney in 2022 of their board can't get over the fact that they are missing a huge opportunity here blows my mind. Like really how hard is this?! Just don't have Punisher at Disneyworld FFS. Keep the Disney logo off the flicks and KIM. The average mom who takes her kid to see Captain America doesn't even know who the fukk Blade is.

No one is suggesting ridiculous exploitative stuff but violence and fight scenes gotta get the R upgrade.

A pg-13 Blade, Punisher and Daredevil is shyt. Period. I can't believe they're still conflicted over this. If anything they'll make more $$ simply for finally taking risks. You'd think after Deadpool broke records this discussion would have been put to bed years ago. They're ignoring a HUGE audience here too.

Last edited: