Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Blade is almost 30 years old yet still holds up and is better than 95% of the mcu movies.

It's now also more known that movie is what SAVED MARVEL from Bankruptcy why the MCU can even EXIST.

This movie will have to be damn near perfect to justify a reboot instead of making a Blade 4.
I can watch Blade over and over again. Film is full of great characters, tons of quotables, and the action still hits just as hard as it did the first time I watched it.

Couldn't tell you the last few MCU movies I've watched more than twice. I think it was Shang Chi. Outside of that the scripts have been abysmal for these movies, just lazy unimaginative tripe.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I can watch Blade over and over again. Film is full of great characters, tons of quotables, and the action still hits just as hard as it did the first time I watched it.

Couldn't tell you the last few MCU movies I've watched more than twice. I think it was Shang Chi. Outside of that the scripts have been abysmal for these movies, just lazy unimaginative tripe.

Bro for someone to come in 2 months before filming and having to fire the director and have the script be completely re-written means this movie was TOTAL TRASH. That means Ali was likely telling Marvel and the director for MONTHS this shyt was awful. This means they may have to change filming locations, hiring new actors, fire or write out roles for hired extras and start from scratch. This is BAD.

Maybe he told Feige (which would happen right when BP2 drops) that he was ready to walk completely before this shyt show started. I'll give him credit- he likely saved a total farce.

They need a road to Damascus moment right now at Marvel/Disney- all hands on deck before it goes completely off the rails. This is like when Star Wars slipped into the Kathleen Kennedy "Rise of Skywalker/Last Jedi" Era. They need a "Mandalorian" redemption right now. Want to show folks you're serious? When you re-cast Iron Fist call Iko Uwais, or if you want younger Henry Golding.

I've seen Blade 1 and 2 like 100x (especially the first) and having this property that means so much mistreated like this is ridiculous.

It looks like BP2 and Ant Man 3 are on the right track. This is shameful.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This was damn near 25 years ago.

Y'all gonna be happy with a watered down, CGI, wire work, PG-13 stuntman version of this!?!? Folks are hating because they're concerned he can't convincingly do this!?!

And you know damn well the fight scenes will be quick cut and heavily edited ala Bourne.

:banderas:This and Blade 2 still holds up:mjcry:I'd rather Disney not even bother, they clearly had no interest in the first place since it was Ali who brought up the idea for Blade from jump.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
:banderas:This and Blade 2 still holds up:mjcry:I'd rather Disney not even bother, they clearly had no interest in the first place since it was Ali who brought up the idea for Blade from jump.

I'd be willing to bet that one of the reasons Ali least spoke up so loudly about the issue of the film is because unlike every other property there's a direct comparison that can be made of a very critically acclaimed and highly loved version of the character he's playing.

If his movie sucks all he'll hear for the next 2 to 3 years until a better sequel comes out is how bad it compares to the Wesley Snipes version

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro for someone to come in 2 months before filming and having to fire the director and have the script be completely re-written means this movie was TOTAL TRASH. That means Ali was likely telling Marvel and the director for MONTHS this shyt was awful. This means they may have to change filming locations, hiring new actors, fire or write out roles for hired extras and start from scratch. This is BAD.

Maybe he told Feige (which would happen right when BP2 drops) that he was ready to walk completely before this shyt show started. I'll give him credit- he likely saved a total farce.

They need a road to Damascus moment right now at Marvel/Disney- all hands on deck before it goes completely off the rails. This is like when Star Wars slipped into the Kathleen Kennedy "Rise of Skywalker/Last Jedi" Era. They need a "Mandalorian" redemption right now. Want to show folks you're serious? When you re-cast Iron Fist call Iko Uwais, or if you want younger Henry Golding.

I've seen Blade 1 and 2 like 100x (especially the first) and having this property that means so much mistreated like this is ridiculous.

It looks like BP2 and Ant Man 3 are on the right track. This is shameful.
You already know they're relying on the inevitable frequent reshoots

They JUST did reshoots on Black Panther 2 a few weeks ago:mjlol:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
As I have been saying for years, Snipe's contributions have been overlooked in the first 2 Blade films. He was a producer of those films. Help create and balance out the story; if you listen to the commentary for Blade 1 & 2. He says part of his job as the actor/producer is to make sure it's not just a bunch of action pieces with no cohesive story. He states the action needs to make sense with the story, and that's why he would go in and help the directors edit the movie. Snipes also designed/created the weapons and brought in his fight/stunt team. Goyer gets most of the credit for the films, but many things people like about Blade came from Snipes.

Also, Feige was not a producer for Blade 1 & 2, He only produced Blade Tragedy, aka Trinity, and we all know they tried to blame the film's failure on Snipes. This is probably one of the reasons why Feige didn't want to rework Snipes when there were talks years ago about doing another Blade project.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I never thought about that. There are going to be comparisons to existing movies with Blade, this is unlike any other MCU project to date. If it doesn't match the original Blade it could be a bloodbath :damn:

That's exactly it. Ali probably told Feige to wake the fukk up and look at this bullshyt bout to be filmed. Blade 1 and 2 hold up exceptionally well and laid the blueprint of the MCU.

90 page? PG-13!?! 2 action scenes!?!? This is indefensible. All they gotta do is pop the fist movie in, give a new story off that kind of vibe and setting and make movie magic. Give it a "Crow/Blade/Batman" feel.

I can't state enough Ali might have singlehandedly saved an epic embarrassment. They're not out of the woods yet, but maybe now they can take it seriously.

Last edited: