Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Jon Favreau
Patty Jenkins
Scott Derrickson
Edgar Wright
James Gunn (fired, then rehired only after WB got ahold of him)
Ava DuVernay
Bassam Tariq
The Russo Brothers (only rumored)

Marvel has a track record of butting heads with directors to the point where they quit or decide to not come back to direct another film.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Jon Favreau
Patty Jenkins
Scott Derrickson
Edgar Wright
James Gunn (fired, then rehired only after WB got ahold of him)
Ava DuVernay
Bassam Tariq
The Russo Brothers (only rumored)

Marvel has a track record of butting heads with directors to the point where they quit or decide to not come back to direct another film.

When coming to a Marvel project them directors gotta know that it ain't their vision....its Marvel vision and what they have planned. Thats why high profile or unique directors shouldn't take Marvel Projects....its a good payday and getting connects within Disney, but they tripping if they think Marvel bending for them.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
When coming to a Marvel project them directors gotta know that it ain't their vision....its Marvel vision and what they have planned. Thats why high profile or unique directors shouldn't take Marvel Projects....its a good payday and getting connects within Disney, but they tripping if they think Marvel bending for them.
It would probably be better if the movie rights to a Blade movie were owned by another studio

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
It would probably be better if the movie rights to a Blade movie were owned by another studio

Yeah, what Marvel is more focused on right now is setting up their universe for the next avengers, introduction of X-men and F4. They had the movie rights to blade since 2013 and Mahershala Ali had to approach THEM to be cast in it......this movie ain't a priority for them at all.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, what Marvel is more focused on right now is setting up their universe for the next avengers, introduction of X-men and F4. They had the movie rights to blade since 2013 and Mahershala Ali had to approach THEM to be cast in it......this movie ain't a priority for them at all.

And I'm sure that was part of Ali's anger towards the project and its current status.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:It’s over….they bout to skip a blade solo movie, and make him appear. In random characters franchises. Marvel probably gonna issue, some reshoots for werewolf by night. So blade can appear in it, along side Elsa Bloodstone.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
They really have to push for the next phase...this must mean Feige wants Blade to he a big part....or at least be able to hold down multiple movies.

No confidence in the director or writer.....interesting

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

John Wick Director Reveals What He Told Kevin Feige About MCU Blade Reboot - IGN

‘I think they are protecting their brand’: John Wick Director Chad Stahelski Reveals He Was Seriously Considered To Direct Blade, Bowed Out Because Kevin Feige Doesn’t Want R-Rated Edgy Marvel Movies - FandomWire

Told my man's to his face he wanted Blade. Would have had top notch fight scenes, dark tone, great stunts and atmosphere to boot. This is an epic fail on Feige.

Ain't that a bytch

Honestly they'd be better off letting him finish up the last stages of JW4 and seeing if he can do this in the spring.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:francis:

John Wick Director Reveals What He Told Kevin Feige About MCU Blade Reboot - IGN

‘I think they are protecting their brand’: John Wick Director Chad Stahelski Reveals He Was Seriously Considered To Direct Blade, Bowed Out Because Kevin Feige Doesn’t Want R-Rated Edgy Marvel Movies - FandomWire

Told my man's to his face he wanted Blade. Would have had top notch fight scenes, dark tone, great stunts and atmosphere to boot. This is an epic fail on Feige.

Ain't that a bytch

Honestly they'd be better off letting him finish up the last stages of JW4 and seeing if he can do this in the spring.

You can make Blade PG-13, but an R rated version would be better.

I honestly don’t know why they are trying to make a Blade movie. The character is probably right below Punisher in violence.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I have a feeling that they almost lost Chloe Zhao too due to the fact that she wanted to shoot on real locations. Then on top of that, Feige embarrassingly admitted that he hadn't even seen any of her work so when he saw Nomadland, he was like, "Oooh, okay. So that's why she wanted to shoot practical."