Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Daps
Oh he was fired? People made it seem like he walked.

I'm not sure if the tweet is accurate

Marvel also released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter announcing Tariq’s departure, claiming that his exit was due to scheduling issues and announcing that Tariq would remain an EP on the film. “Due to continued shifts in our production schedule, Bassam is no longer moving forward as director of Blade but will remain an executive producer on the film,” read the statement. “We appreciate Bassam’s talent and all the work he’s done getting Blade to where it is.”

Blade Director Bassam Tariq Exits Film Two Months Before Production Begins

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure if the tweet is accurate

Marvel also released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter announcing Tariq’s departure, claiming that his exit was due to scheduling issues and announcing that Tariq would remain an EP on the film. “Due to continued shifts in our production schedule, Bassam is no longer moving forward as director of Blade but will remain an executive producer on the film,” read the statement. “We appreciate Bassam’s talent and all the work he’s done getting Blade to where it is.”

Blade Director Bassam Tariq Exits Film Two Months Before Production Begins

Its probably 100% accurate "Creative differences" or in this case “scheduling conflicts” are a nice way to get to walk out without being outright fired.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
A lot of leakers were saying he was fired by Mashalla because he hated his ideas
so they parted ways due to creative differences

Considering this studio has dropped

Black Widow
Love and Thunder
She-Hulk
Eternals
Hawkeye

This shyt had to be bottom of the barrel bad.

I'll give Ali credit if he saw it was a train wreck and forced Marvel's hand. He knew it was gonna all blow up in his face had this been released as it was.

Maybe the recent critical drubbings they've taken lately they're taking to heart.

Call back Del Toro. Or if they wanna actually getting good action and some credibility back call Gareth Evans, Chad Stahelski, Christopher McQuarrie or maybe even Taylor Sheridan. Call the Daredevil team too for fight coordination. Get fukking serious.

Stop getting these art-house "vision" directors and get someone who knows wtf they doing with comic material. Blade is vampires, martial arts and motorcycles. I don't know WTF this dude had up his sleeves. They're the type that if they were asked if they watched Blade 1 and 2 would tell you "we don't need to look at that as inspiration for this" or "we have better than that" as if that shyts beneath them.

Get someone that gets to the meat and potatoes of it all. Hell man even call Alex Proyas- he did the original Crow and Dark City. Or Alex Garland who did Ex Machina.

And when X-Men drops call the likes of Denis Villeneuve or even Doug Liman. Throw the bag at Nolan shyt. Quit being fukking cute, drop the self-deprecating humor and make the tone serious again with an occasional joke ala Iron man 1 or Winter Soldier.

Every movie doesn't need to be a classic I'm cool with a "Shang Chi", GOTG 1 & 2 or Ant Man 1 & 2. But it's getting ridiculous. The days of Love and Thunder and She-Hulk are total bullshyt.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Blade is almost 30 years old yet still holds up and is better than 95% of the mcu movies.

It's now also more known that movie is what SAVED MARVEL from Bankruptcy why the MCU can even EXIST.

This movie will have to be damn near perfect to justify a reboot instead of making a Blade 4.