Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
seeing the OG Blade in theaters was :wow:

August of 98 as a 15 year old kid and seeing that was surreal. Just nuts.

Remember seeing the preview in front of Lost in Space and losing my mind.

After Batman and Robin killed comic flicks and this came out....man.

Folks are used to seeing these a month apart but back then it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Daps
This was damn near 25 years ago.

Y'all gonna be happy with a watered down, CGI, wire work, PG-13 stuntman version of this!?!? Folks are hating because they're concerned he can't convincingly do this!?!

And you know damn well the fight scenes will be quick cut and heavily edited ala Bourne.

:manny: I'm happy with it in all the other action movies.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yea, you're talking contracts. They got contracts too now. But we're talking public perception and sentiment of the MCU. Right now, at this very moment, you're not feeling it. There's no momentum to a larger story. My point was it was similar in Phase 1 and 2 and even at the start of 3. You didn't sense the larger direction story in Ant-Man, Spider-Man, except for small easter eggs and some hints here and there. But it really start to go in Civil War, Ragnarok (credits scene) then.

MCU will build up again in the same way.

My point is they always said there would never be a build up again like that. Beginning with Iron Man 2, they told you they were building a grand story, with an epic ending. "It's all connected" was their tagline. Everything they did played a part in that. They specifically tailored the contracts toward how that story played out. If that failed, they didn't have to do it again. They killed off their main characters, and only had a B-team to play with if they wanted to. If it succeeded, they could just tell smaller stories with a B-Team.

There was never going to be another plan like that. It took too much coordination. At this point, they're just trial ballooning. People placed their expectations on a previous model that they already said years in advance was not going to happen again.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Honestly, this was a movie I never asked for.

I think the OG Blade should be left alone. The first 2 are classics. The third is utter trash.

And it’s probably having issues because they didn’t think it through. How do in incorporate this not only into the MCU, but a Disney environment.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, this was a movie I never asked for.

I think the OG Blade should be left alone. The first 2 are classics. The third is utter trash.

And it’s probably having issues because they didn’t think it through. How do in incorporate this not only into the MCU, but a Disney environment.

Blade was honestly a perfect fit in Luke Cage season 2 with Bushmaster. Could have had a cameo somehow. This seems totally forced and will be a total disaster.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Blade was honestly a perfect fit in Luke Cage season 2 with Bushmaster. Could have had a cameo somehow. This seems totally forced and will be a total disaster.
But there in lies the Disney problem.

Disney has incorporated Marvel into their world to the point it has had adverse affects on how MCU content gets made.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
At this point, they should have their creatives watch Day Shift with Jamie Foxx (John Wick with Vampires) and use that as the blueprint for what a DECENT Blade movie could be like and ramp everything the fukk up.

It was an enjoyable movie with some glaring flaws, but if Marvel lets Netflix but out a better, harder "Blade" rendition than they do, it's going to be a badddddd look, especially since there might be 2nd, 3rd installments.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
my prediction they're planning on having blade's daughter in the movie
1st one is probably about finding her
2nd one is about having her under his wings
3rd one is about her taking his place
Ali bows out and the daughter becomes blade
if the films are done on time Ali will be like 57 and blade will be in like 6 marvel movies so you get a fair amount of blade
Do we really need more of these female versions of superheros? :mjlol: at this rate the whole avengers gonna be women