Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
He's looked like Wesley in the comics ever since the movies came out. i own this comic actually
clean.jpg

intro-1563907716.jpg
that was my point Brody. Wesley portrayal is more iconic than the damn original comic. Changed the whole image….

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Problem for me is mahershallah look like a great value version of Wesley snipes blade. Less brolic, less menacing, less cool. I feel like mahershallah will come off as a “try hard” if he’s not careful. Just do to the fact he an off brand dark skin nikka that wanna be blade based off of what Wesley already gave us. The blade from the comics wasn’t even dark skin it was wesleys iconic portrayal that gives us the image of blade as a dark skin nikka. The comic blade was mostly a brown skin nikka sometimes I’m even light brown like the one from the Spider-Man animated series….

I even said the same thing when I saw that Alita Battle Angel Movie that Mahershallah sounded just like how Wesley Snipes sounded in Blade 2 in that movie.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Problem for me is mahershallah look like a great value version of Wesley snipes blade. Less brolic, less menacing, less cool. I feel like mahershallah will come off as a “try hard” if he’s not careful. Just do to the fact he an off brand dark skin nikka that wanna be blade based off of what Wesley already gave us. The blade from the comics wasn’t even dark skin it was wesleys iconic portrayal that gives us the image of blade as a dark skin nikka. The comic blade was mostly a brown skin nikka sometimes I’m even light brown like the one from the Spider-Man animated series….
Ali is an Oscar winning actor, I think he’ll be fine :dahell:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Godfrey the comedian woulda been a better choice :hhh:

The only thing that Ali dude does is kinda look like Blade, but he does not have the range or the energy to pull it off.

You need a boisterous flamboyant energy, Ali does not have that.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Have a hard rime believing this movie can top either of the first 2 movies
I don’t. Mahershala is a much better actor. Graphics are better now. And if the script is better then it has a chance to be. It’s not like it was THAT dope to begin with.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Godfrey the comedian woulda been a better choice :hhh:

The only thing that Ali dude does is kinda look like Blade, but he does not have the range or the energy to pull it off.

You need a boisterous flamboyant energy, Ali does not have that.
Lol Blade does not need to be boisterous or flamboyant :heh:

Y'all really need to get Snipes dikk outa ya mouth in here.

Mahershala doesn't have range? :mjlol:

Y'all complain when blacks don't get roles then still complain when they do. Wesley had his turn, of course Marvel is rebooting the franchise. Get over it

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Lol Blade does not need to be boisterous or flamboyant :heh:

Y'all really need to get Snipes dikk outa ya mouth in here.

Mahershala doesn't have range? :heh:
Yeah if blade wants so be some super deep magical emotional dude crying over orchestra tracks and shyt :camby:

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Yeah if blade wants so be some super deep magical emotional dude crying over orchestra tracks and shyt :camby:
Blade is stoic and cold with his emotions buried deep.. it's not a hard character to portray. Now what Wesley had that others don't is the physicality