Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm prepared to be disappointed by the action. I mean its a character who was oriiginally played by a martial artist. now being by someone who isn't one. It would be like doing an Enter the Dragon remake but casting Daniel Day Lewis, i'm sure he's gonna act his ass off. but the stunt men are gonna have to do some serious heavy lifting for people to be satisfied with the action. That said, Keanu was able to impress in John Wick and he's no more athletic than Ali, so if he really really takes the training serious he could drop a classic.

Hopefull its rated R too

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm prepared to be disappointed by the action. I mean its a character who was oriiginally played by a martial artist. now being by someone who isn't one. It would be like doing an Enter the Dragon remake but casting Daniel Day Lewis, i'm sure he's gonna act his ass off. but the stunt men are gonna have to do some serious heavy lifting for people to be satisfied with the action. That said, Keanu was able to impress in John Wick and he's no more athletic than Ali, so if he really really takes the training serious he could drop a classic.
Lol what? How would you know how athletic Keanu is? He’s very physical as an actor just like Tom Cruise. He’s been doing action his entire career. Ali doesn’t have the physical presence to convincingly pull this off in my opinion. Too tall and lanky. They chose him for his name. All that aside though, I do like him as an actor and I hope I’m wrong— but… :francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lol what? How would you know how athletic Keanu is? He’s very physical as an actor just like Tom Cruise. He’s been doing action his entire career. Ali doesn’t have the physical presence to convincingly pull this off in my opinion. Too tall and lanky. They chose him for his name. All that aside though, I do like him as an actor and I hope I’m wrong— but… :francis:
Cmon breh, It's not like Keanu is doing spinning round house kicks or crazy stunts. He ain't tom cruise. at least not in his john wick movies. I thinking Ali (at best) could at least pull off some of that gun kata gun fu or whatever it's called. but i agree thats best case scenario. he probably is too lanky and shyt

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Neither Keanu or Cruise have physical presence either. Cruise is barely above average height for a man :mjlol:

Ali will get in shape and conditioned for the part just like every other MCU actor. J.K. Simmons got shredded like a beast for Jim Gordon(a bit part where he wore a trenchcoat and a suit the entire time) and he is like 16 years older than Ali.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Mahershala went directly to Feige and asked to be Blade right after he won his second Oscar. Ali has been instrumental in picking the writer and director for this reboot, so I know he's taking it seriously.

https://apnews.com/article/de2b833feb3549a2abde4377a1f84801

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm sure he's gonna act his ass off.

problem for me is i'm not going to these movies to see "acting". like how serious can you take a breh showing his fangs?

they should've cast a young breh with some semblance of fighting prowess and/or physical presence that can sell martial arts

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
problem for me is i'm not going to these movies to see "acting". like how serious can you take a breh showing his fangs?

they should've cast a young breh with some semblance of fighting prowess and/or physical presence that can sell martial arts
Good acting is still always appreciated. But Blade does have other options, i mean he's not supposed to be shang chi or anything, he uses guns and swords and all types of weapons. So he could like i said earlier he could just be on some john wick/the punisher type stuff with the vampires. instead of kung fu

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good acting is still always appreciated. But Blade does have other options, i mean he's not supposed to be shang chi or anything, he uses guns and swords and all types of weapons. So he could like i said earlier he could just be on some john wick/the punisher type stuff with the vampires. instead of kung fu

that's why I said personally. I just don't consume these movies for the quality of the acting, but evidently, doesn't mean I want poor acting or anything. Blade is still physical fighter, even with is gadgets and arsenal. And as you said, the bar was set extremely high in that respect by the previous on film depiction. Mahershala touching 50.

I'm still going to give it a chance though :francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If all those actors in The Matrix could pull it off.... I'm sure Marvel COULD IF THEY WANTED TO...

We saw from Iron Fist, they really don't want to. But months of training with high quality choreographers always works. There's been a lot of great action movies with non action people playing the mains. But does the studio want to put the backing behind that. Cause it's expensive