Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Mahershala went directly to Feige and asked to be Blade right after he won his second Oscar. Ali has been instrumental in picking the writer and director for this reboot, so I know he's taking it seriously.

https://apnews.com/article/de2b833feb3549a2abde4377a1f84801
Doesn’t matter if he asked. The studio still made a choice friend. He’s a serious actor. I didn’t question his commitment or talent. I question if this is really in his wheelhouse. We just saw him in Luke Cage. This is a big shift from anything we’ve seen him do.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
If no Snipes cameo, Marvel can get :pacspit:. Snipes put the character on the map and only did it so he could try to get the Black Panther movie off the ground. They already disrespected him by not putting him in the Black Panther as one of the Elders Tribes people. Let's hope they do the right thing this time.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm prepared to be disappointed by the action. I mean its a character who was oriiginally played by a martial artist. now being by someone who isn't one. It would be like doing an Enter the Dragon remake but casting Daniel Day Lewis, i'm sure he's gonna act his ass off. but the stunt men are gonna have to do some serious heavy lifting for people to be satisfied with the action. That said, Keanu was able to impress in John Wick and he's no more athletic than Ali, so if he really really takes the training serious he could drop a classic.
KEANU WAS A LITTLE MOVIE
CALLED THE MATRIX.

matrix-neo.gif

IT ONLY MAKES SENSE HE COULD
PULL OFF JOHN WICK.
:devil:
:evil:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Keanu was goofy and lanky than a MF and became fxcking Neo. So ill atleast give Ali a chance to get busy on the fight tip. If you could start at point guard in college, youre athletic enough to learn to fight and do stunts

my only thing is his age... i mean im sorry but for a role like Blade, 50 is OLD especially if youre just getting started. Wesley was bringing the PAIN in those fight scenes, its a tough act to follow.

Idk if they plan on killing him off soon or what, but i dont kno how long you could keep up a role like that and still be a convincing ageless vampire hunter.

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If I remember correctly, Keanu did a 6 month martial arts bootcamp before shooting Matrix and has practiced it ever since. If Mahershala does the same thing, I don't see why he won't be able to pull off convincing fight scenes. Marvel have set the precedent for good martial arts with Shang Chi now so they can't go back to having poor fight choreography for a character that is known as a martial artist.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Keanu also did Point Break, Speed, Johnny Mnemonic & Chain Reaction - all action films by the time he was 30, before Matrix.

We'll know within the next 2-3 months if this movies ends up in Development Hell. I think they are probably gonna test the temperature with Moon Knight, to see if it stays Blade or becomes an instant team-up flick with Ghost Rider and such

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I wasn't saying Keanu was bad at action movies, i was just comparing them physically, plus being of similar age. My point was he could potentially be as good as Keanu if he trained and took as serious as Keanu did.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Problem for me is mahershallah look like a great value version of Wesley snipes blade. Less brolic, less menacing, less cool. I feel like mahershallah will come off as a “try hard” if he’s not careful. Just do to the fact he an off brand dark skin nikka that wanna be blade based off of what Wesley already gave us. The blade from the comics wasn’t even dark skin it was wesleys iconic portrayal that gives us the image of blade as a dark skin nikka. The comic blade was mostly a brown skin nikka sometimes I’m even light brown like the one from the Spider-Man animated series….

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Problem for me is mahershallah look like a great value version of Wesley snipes blade. Less brolic, less menacing, less cool. I feel like mahershallah will come off as a “try hard” if he’s not careful. Just do to the fact he an off brand dark skin nikka that wanna be blade based off of what Wesley already gave us. The blade from the comics wasn’t even dark skin it was wesleys iconic portrayal that gives us the image of blade as a dark skin nikka. The comic blade was mostly a brown skin nikka sometimes I’m even light brown like the one from the Spider-Man animated series….
He's looked like Wesley in the comics ever since the movies came out. i own this comic actually
clean.jpg

intro-1563907716.jpg