Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
because he bodied this role and has legit martial arts skills...thats going to be important forward...ali has to get his skills up and bulk up in the gym

According to the folks on the set Wesley was only on set for close ups. All that other fighting you see was done by his double. So apparently martial arts skills ain't that necessary from the main actor.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
According to the folks on the set Wesley was only on set for close ups. All that other fighting you see was done by his double. So apparently martial arts skills ain't that necessary from the main actor.

Yea on Blade Tragedy they said he did that to try to downplay him and not give him his Producer requests like in Blade 1 & 2. Once the 3rd movie didn't do well, they try to blame Snipes as the fall guy as to why the film didn't do well.

In Blade 1 & 2 Snipes put his all in character and got hurt numerous times doing a lot of his stunts. If you listen to commentary tracks for Blade 1 & 2 with Snipes and Goyer, Del Toro and Peter Frankfurt before their fall out on Blade Tragedy, and they explain that along with the other contributions that Snipes brought to the table.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Besides the reveal at Comic Con has there been any other announcements? Or is this just an anticipation thread?

Armored Vod 808

Comm Tech
Daps
Reppin
Clan Novoc V.
Fan-made image of Mahershala Ali as Blade:

embed-5d544709271aa.jpg

Looks kinda cool. It has elements from both Blade & Blade 2 outfits (vest looks similar to the tactical vest featured in Blade; coat has the red interior like the one in Blade 2).

Armored Vod 808

Comm Tech
Daps
Reppin
Clan Novoc V.
Even though I loved all of the action that was in Blade 2, I always kinda felt they were diminishing the role & character of Blade by having him just barely beating the lead bad guy. (Nomak, leader of the Reapers).

Now I know Nomak and his Reapers are supposed to be tough & hard to kill and all that, but Blade is the DAYWALKER, the one that fought & destroyed La Magra, the fukking vampire god! (and Blade did it without getting hurt or all fukked up, too). Now you mean to tell me after killing La Magra (a creature that could regenerate lost limbs, re-attach his body after being cut in half, etc.) Blade's now gonna have trouble fighting Nomak the Reaper? Nomak is now supposed to be worse than the vampire god? Man, whatever....

When Blade first battled Nomak, he could see even though his wrist-mounted EDTA dart launchers didn't kill Nomak, they most definitely slowed his ass down. The next time they fought, Blade should've just hit up Nomak with a EDTA dart six-piece dinner to (stun him) & then serve him up with a side of UV grenades (to finish his ass off). But thanks to the writers, during their battles Nomak usually had the upper hand, making Blade (the hero, the damn STAR) look ineffective & incompetent in his own damn movie. Blade couldn't even stop the bad guy. Nomak had to off his damn self. So ultimately the hero couldn't defeat the villain on his own. The only way Blade won was because Nomak decided to commit suicide. IMO, this made Blade seem somewhat anemic & less powerful.

So to me, Blade 2 was the beginning of when the folks in charge started to undermine & diminish the Blade character. By making the hero (of any movie) seem inadequate, inefficient and/or inept, it becomes easier to subvert the character & reduce their status/importance significantly. So afterwards the floodgates open and the next thing you know, the star of a movie series (who put in work & embraced the role & turned a lesser-known comic book character practically into a household name) is no longer the star in his own shyt. That's how you go from:

Blade - Cool action-filled flick where Blade the hero kicks ass and, with some help from Whistler & Dr. Karen Jensen, beats bad guy Deacon Frost/vampire god La Magra & comes out the true hero.

to:

Blade 2 - Cool action-filled flick BUT the hero, even tho still kicking ass, and despite previously having demolished a vampire god, is now surprisingly not as competent and is having difficulty defeating a dusty, raggedy-looking vampire bum.

to:

Blade 3 - Not-cool insipid flick where the star is sabotaged, subverted, dethroned, toppled & promptly reduced to being a co-star in the very film series he started. Wesley Snipes has performed in many motion pictures before Blade. But while filming Blade 3, all of a sudden both the film makers & the cast label Wesley as a diva, difficult & hard to work with. So now the film makers are justified in cutting back so much of Wesley's screen time (while simutaneously focusing more attention on the Hannibal King/Abigail Whistler characters & making them the default heroes).

So after a while, Wesley just ends up spending more & more time in his trailer. And I don't blame him. Why continue going before the camera & shooting scenes when the ones in charge are constantly trying to oust you and reduce your role/involvement in the films you originated & starred in?

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though I loved all of the action that was in Blade 2, I always kinda felt they were diminishing the role & character of Blade by having him just barely beating the lead bad guy. (Nomak, leader of the Reapers).

Now I know Nomak and his Reapers are supposed to be tough & hard to kill and all that, but Blade is the DAYWALKER, the one that fought & destroyed La Magra, the fukking vampire god! (and Blade did it without getting hurt or all fukked up, too). Now you mean to tell me after killing La Magra (a creature that could regenerate lost limbs, re-attach his body after being cut in half, etc.) Blade's now gonna have trouble fighting Nomak the Reaper? Nomak is now supposed to be worse than the vampire god? Man, whatever....

When Blade first battled Nomak, he could see even though his wrist-mounted EDTA dart launchers didn't kill Nomak, they most definitely slowed his ass down. The next time they fought, Blade should've just hit up Nomak with a EDTA dart six-piece dinner to (stun him) & then serve him up with a side of UV grenades (to finish his ass off). But thanks to the writers, during their battles Nomak usually had the upper hand, making Blade (the hero, the damn STAR) look ineffective & incompetent in his own damn movie. Blade couldn't even stop the bad guy. Nomak had to off his damn self. So ultimately the hero couldn't defeat the villain on his own. The only way Blade won was because Nomak decided to commit suicide. IMO, this made Blade seem somewhat anemic & less powerful.

So to me, Blade 2 was the beginning of when the folks in charge started to undermine & diminish the Blade character. By making the hero (of any movie) seem inadequate, inefficient and/or inept, it becomes easier to subvert the character & reduce their status/importance significantly. So afterwards the floodgates open and the next thing you know, the star of a movie series (who put in work & embraced the role & turned a lesser-known comic book character practically into a household name) is no longer the star in his own shyt. That's how you go from:

Blade - Cool action-filled flick where Blade the hero kicks ass and, with some help from Whistler & Dr. Karen Jensen, beats bad guy Deacon Frost/vampire god La Magra & comes out the true hero.

to:

Blade 2 - Cool action-filled flick BUT the hero, even tho still kicking ass, and despite previously having demolished a vampire god, is now surprisingly not as competent and is having difficulty defeating a dusty, raggedy-looking vampire bum.

to:

Blade 3 - Not-cool insipid flick where the star is sabotaged, subverted, dethroned, toppled & promptly reduced to being a co-star in the very film series he started. Wesley Snipes has performed in many motion pictures before Blade. But while filming Blade 3, all of a sudden both the film makers & the cast label Wesley as a diva, difficult & hard to work with. So now the film makers are justified in cutting back so much of Wesley's screen time (while simutaneously focusing more attention on the Hannibal King/Abigail Whistler characters & making them the default heroes).

So after a while, Wesley just ends up spending more & more time in his trailer. And I don't blame him. Why continue going before the camera & shooting scenes when the ones in charge are constantly trying to oust you and reduce your role/involvement in the films you originated & starred in?
For your point about Blade 2, I'm pretty sure he didn't have access to all that stuff anymore because he was captured. I know he got his vest back but ain't no telling where they took his weapons, plus he was in a hurry. I liked that he struggled against Nomak. If he just bulldozes everyone what's the fun in that. And, it's not like he just got completely whooped. He definitely hurt Nomak a few times during that fight.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If you want to make sure that Blade is treated with the respect he deserves in these new movies you get a BLACK writer and a BLACK director. You follow the Black Panther template.

That is all.

If they go with a white director then be extremely cautious until we at least see a trailer. White directors are not to be trusted portraying black heroism