Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Yall gotta get past this Wesley thing. Breh aint Blade anymore :yeshrug:

Most of us have, but we can't let people in here disrespect the contributions that Snipes have done with the character. Only comic book heads knew who Blade was. It was Snipes name and popularity at the time that got people in the seats to see the first movie.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of us have, but we can't let people in here disrespect the contributions that Snipes have done with the character. Only comic book heads knew who Blade was. It was Snipes name and popularity at the time that got people in the seats to see the first movie.

Exactly, I only went cause of snipes, I’m not a comic guy

For that time the movie was beautifully shot, I’m surprised the director hasn't accomplished much since then

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A lot of Snipes contributions to the character goes under the radar. He designed the weapons, created the sword spikes anti-theft system on it. He created a certain fighting style just for Blade it's not just simple martial arts system. It's more street-base and is mentioned as being jailhouse rock. Then he brought in his fight/stunt team to bring in that raw fight choreography. He also would keep David Goyer in check with some of his writing on Blade 1 & 2. For example in the first Blade movie, Blade was supposed to cry when he saw his mother as an adult. In Blade 2 it was written that Blade would shoot up them Reaper embryos. Snipes said that's something Blade wouldn't do. Even if you look at the comics they rebooted the comics more to Snipes portrayal of character when the movies got successful.

I'm sure Ali will do fine, but I think they should get some black fight/stunt coordinators because Blade shouldn't be moving around like he's from Asia. He should be moving around like a brother. That's definitely one of the main things Snipes stressed when doing these fight scenes.
Rep
giphy.gif

They don’t want to hear this tho..

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's why I always said I want the news to come from Marvel Studios when I heard Snipes talking about Marvel and him were having discussions. I think Marvel was hush for a reason and didn't want to piss off Blade/Snipes fan so they made it looked possible by not saying anything.

If what they are saying is right about Ali reaching out to Marvel Studios. It was an offer they could not refuse having a 2-time Oscar winner with no added baggage and a fresh start.

THIS WAS 2 MONTHS AGO
SO I DEFINITELY THINK THEY HAD SOMETHING IN THE WORKS BEFORE ALI MADE THE CALL.

Kevin Feige Fighting To Make R-Rated Blade Movie With Wesley Snipes
:devil:
:evil:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: This shyt gonna be trash. Gay Area lame looks like Morpheus replacement not Blade.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
A lot of Snipes contributions to the character goes under the radar. He designed the weapons, created the sword spikes anti-theft system on it. He created a certain fighting style just for Blade it's not just simple martial arts system. It's more street-base and is mentioned as being jailhouse rock. Then he brought in his fight/stunt team to bring in that raw fight choreography. He also would keep David Goyer in check with some of his writing on Blade 1 & 2. For example in the first Blade movie, Blade was supposed to cry when he saw his mother as an adult. In Blade 2 it was written that Blade would shoot up them Reaper embryos. Snipes said that's something Blade wouldn't do. Even if you look at the comics they rebooted the comics more to Snipes portrayal of character when the movies got successful.

I'm sure Ali will do fine, but I think they should get some black fight/stunt coordinators because Blade shouldn't be moving around like he's from Asia. He should be moving around like a brother. That's definitely one of the main things Snipes stressed when doing these fight scenes.
:blessed:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall really surprised that folks tripping cause wesley not playing blade.

Wesley played that role so well that people view him as blade. Same way that folks view Robert Downey jr. as iron man.

These actors embodied the role. Played the role so well that no actor could ever come close.

shyt when Wesley and Robert die folks gonna manly remember them for those two roles.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also from an acting and physical acting standpoint. I don't believe any actor embodied a comic book character like Wesley did blade.

It really says more about the talent of actors today. They are not as talented as the actors before.

Wesley was a actor who could actually act plus knew martial arts. Thats one hell of a combination and one that is is hard to find.