Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
because he bodied this role and has legit martial arts skills...thats going to be important forward...ali has to get his skills up and bulk up in the gym
Yeah, i'm not doubting Ali will bring a better acting performance. but i suspect he's gonna look like Liam Nieson in Phantom Menace for his fight scenes :huhldup:

Marvel is good at casting and recasting. Spiderman worked out. But some people are the characters, like Blade. When you bring in a new actor you inevitably are going to get comparisons. It's one thing just comparing different actors like with a Joker role. but when one dude knew martial arts, and the next doesn't it might be disappointing. Like doing a remake of enter the dragon with a Oscar winner. He might act Bruce Lee under the table but them fight scenes though :unimpressed:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
because he bodied this role and has legit martial arts skills...thats going to be important forward...ali has to get his skills up and bulk up in the gym
Sometimes you just gotta let some shyt go my brother.
:mjcry:

I wasnt prepared for AI Chucky.
But I accepted it man.
:mjcry:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
since marvel is already recycling netflix actors Bushmaster/Mustafa Shakir would be a ill Brother Voodoo cast

img_4418.jpg

If they went with the Wakandan version of Kraven (which I think is a bad idea, but been rumored) he looks like the perfect casting right there lol

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Wesley is Blade, and what people seem to be forgetting is that besides the charisma his real life martial arts skills also helped make the character.

A lot of Snipes contributions to the character goes under the radar. He designed the weapons, created the sword spikes anti-theft system on it. He created a certain fighting style just for Blade it's not just simple martial arts system. It's more street-base and is mentioned as being jailhouse rock. Then he brought in his fight/stunt team to bring in that raw fight choreography. He also would keep David Goyer in check with some of his writing on Blade 1 & 2. For example in the first Blade movie, Blade was supposed to cry when he saw his mother as an adult. In Blade 2 it was written that Blade would shoot up them Reaper embryos. Snipes said that's something Blade wouldn't do. Even if you look at the comics they rebooted the comics more to Snipes portrayal of character when the movies got successful.

I'm sure Ali will do fine, but I think they should get some black fight/stunt coordinators because Blade shouldn't be moving around like he's from Asia. He should be moving around like a brother. That's definitely one of the main things Snipes stressed when doing these fight scenes.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Wesley is Blade, and what people seem to be forgetting is that besides the charisma his real life martial arts skills also helped make the character.

A HUGE piece of the puzzle they wanna ignore. We already have very few black martial artist as is thats why we love Micheal Jai White too. Mother fukkers that can kick your ass in real life AND in film. This nikka Wesley said he survived solitary confinement cuz of his training. Its fukk everybody else in my book. A lot of These young white comic book fans even on here cant identify

Last edited: