Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Goyer was also behind a lot of terrible movies like Blade 3. That was a personal bias. Sticky Fingaz as an option is an indicator of terrible mishandling.

Yes, the series was right after Blade Tragedy. I was looking for the article, but I remember when Goyer said in an Interview why he chose Sticky over MJW, stating that MJW channeled Snipes Blade too much. So, it seems to me Sticky was picked as the safe route due to his least experience being a standout iconic character at the time.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN...

WESLEY CAN GET JACKED
FOR THIS ROLE WITH PREP TIME.

:devil:
:evil:

"Logan style send off," means they're still trying to replace Blade with his daughter. Putting Weasley in it does not make getting rid of Blade ok.

And why does the Bade character need a send off? ....after one MCU appearance ?
:unimpressed:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Yes, the series was right after Blade Tragedy. I was looking for the article, but I remember when Goyer said in an Interview why he chose Sticky over MJW, stating that MJW channeled Snipes Blade too much. So, it seems to me Sticky was picked as the safe route due to his least experience being a standout iconic character at the time.
He was better off choosing the gay nıgga from Buffy the vampire slayer and the temptations. That shıt was fưcking terrible....🤮

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:ehh:I’m saying let these young bruhs eat. So many white actors gotten a chance to wear the cowl, and have a S on their chest. But bruhs only want one black man to kill vampires smh. Snipes finally gotten his flowers as he should, and he’ll most likely be appearing in Secret Wars. But we don’t need bruh to headline a new trilogy as the MCU’s Blade.

You’re 100% correct. Put another way: The point of superheroes is for young brehs. That’s the fukking target audience lol. It’s their wish fulfillment, which is why they buy the toys, costumes, merch and video games. To role play and imagine themselves as.

And they want to see themselves as 1988 Jordan, not 2003 2024 Jordan :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i dont like any of the options honestly. is there no young talent worth casting? wesley snipes was 36 y/o in the first film.
There is more than enough
But Disney never cared for the IP.

They only signed off on it because Ali came to them fresh off winning an Oscar or whatever and this was back in 2019 when Disney felt that anything they touched would rack in millions, especially if it was an actor fresh off an award (Chadwick, Brie Larson).

In the prior 10-15 years, Wesley stayed asking them for a Blade project but was told to F off each time. I like what Ali is trying to do but I voiced my skepticism of his casting/age early on.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dead:

People always mention his name when a black character needs to be cast and any kind of fighting is involved. I even saw his name pop up for a T'Challa recast :why:
Dude played Spawn. he got one cult classic superhero film under his belt. Should be happy enough with that.
Maybe if they ever reboot or do a sequel they can bring him back for that.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol:Ali should just move on and give this project to a younger bruh. I used to defend bruh being casted but bro’s age and the rumors. About Blade’s daughter being heavily involved soured it.
His age might be the reason they tried to include a daughter now that i think of it. If they casted some 20 something, he not gonna have a grown daughter running around. unless its on some scott lang and cassie type shyt.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
His age might be the reason they tried to include a daughter now that i think of it. If they casted some 20 something, he not gonna have a grown daughter running around. unless its on some scott lang and cassie type shyt.
I’ve been thinking the same thing.