Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daredevil is gonna be trash and you and I both know it. Unless it is a 9 episode arc spread over the same year (May and then December).

If Moon Knight was on Netflix rated R it would have been some twisted, psychotic shyt but instead we got that weirdo shyt show.

Ghost Rider, Blade. STOP RE-DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER WITH THE SAME STALE JOKES.

X-Men needs

Dennis Villeneuve
Doug Liman
Joseph Kosinski
Alex Garland

But b/c they stifle creativity we will get something that reeks of mediocrity.

For Blade, why they won't hire actual directors who handle hand-to-hand combat well blows my mind. Passing on the John Wick director or not calling Gareth Evans means all wire work and CGI. How you can make a PG-13 vampire killer movie is all you need to know.
I got a strong feeling that Dennis Villeneuve would hang up on Marvel:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope Marvel changes their thinking once DP3 comes out. I think that's going to surprise a lot of people with how much they make. That's if the movie is good.
I enjoyed Deadpool 1 but nikkas was putting extras on it

Deadpool 2 was trash and it started this trend of babysitting plots that's been run into the ground by now:snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yes.

And get rid of this corny ass "Guardians" humor that has infected every movie.

It took shyt box office returns for them to see what folks have been saying since Black Widow dropped- their quality has gone down the shytter.
Oh, he didn't say anything about getting rid of the humor.
Black Widow was the first movie after the pandemic and Infinity Saga, kinda early to act. Plus the next movie was generally well received.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the call they need to make to get outta this rut. Just like they did with Star Wars.
I honestly think that relationship would end horribly. It'd be Edgar Wright all over again:russ:

Villanueve obviously takes visuals very seriously, and he would def have issues being forced into the MCU color pallete and design template

Another issue would be with narrative direction. I love most of Villanueve's work but let's be honest his movies don't really have plots:russ:

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Oh, he didn't say anything about getting rid of the humor.
Black Widow was the first movie after the pandemic and Infinity Saga, kinda early to act. Plus the next movie was generally well received.

I'm sure he gave the press the "PC" version of what he said privately.

You think he doesn't know the last 3 years have been total ass? Or shareholders weren't pissed off about Ant Man 3 BO?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
The idea of young avengers is fine tbh, regardless of if anyone asked for it. Black people didn't know what a Wakanda was until 2016 nor who Blade was prior to '98. Nor were comic fans asking for Blade back then, nor GotG a decade ago. My point is, caring what comic fans want is a double edged sword (bc a lot of them ain't shyt) and mainstream audiences are passive participants who go with the flow as long as it looks compelling.

The last point is where the real problem may lie tho, in that how compelling/well received are cassie, katie, riri, kamala, chavez, eli, etc? It was mentioned in another thread the lack of a hero's journey for at least a few of these characters, which may be skipping some important steps that had people feel compelled to follow tony, steve, thor, t'challa, peter, etc.
:ehh:This is what I keep on telling people. When they say “why is marvel making movies about whos/b-z tier characters. As long as you make the character compelling. The general audience will love it. Because of the mcu. Half of them characters are now household names. Before the mcu only Spidey, Hulk, and Wolverine was computer putin. Iron man and Cap was if you was in the know.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm sure he gave the press the "PC" version of what he said privately.

You think he doesn't know the last 3 years have been total ass? Or shareholders weren't pissed off about Ant Man 3 BO?
You said, they have been shyt since Black Widow but he waited until now. I mean could he have acted any earlier? I don't think so.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You said, they have been shyt since Black Widow but he waited until now. I mean could he have acted any earlier? I don't think so.

He wasn't even CEO again until 3 months ago bro.

He spoke up as soon as the box office poison hit again.

He was brought back specifically to fix this shyt show we've been fed since Endgame.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't even CEO again until 3 months ago bro.

He spoke up as soon as the box office poison hit again.

He was brought back specifically to fix this shyt show we've been fed since Endgame.
This shyt show is Iger's fault tho:mjlol: The MCU was headed in this direction under his leadership

I really feel bad for Chapek because he was put in a horrible spot:russ: everybody assumes he was fired for MCU/Star Wars shyt when the bulk of the reason he was fired was for damn near running Disney World into the ground