Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
They've put a glass ceiling on the material (PG-13 only) and it's killing any creativity or originality.

Couple more bombs is what they need. Critically and financially.

I'll give DC credit - they get the Matt Reeves of the world because they get to "go there" with their characters. There's a reason Marvel can't get guys like that- it's a singular vision only. And it's biting them in the ass.

No matter how deadly situation they always have self-depricating humor and jokes, even when the material doesn't call for it. It's ridiculous now

Humor used to be character specific (Stark for example) and Rogers would be deadly serious. And it fit their character. Now it's all non-stop cheesy humor. It used to come naturally now writing has gotten lazy where they reach for jokes. Like Roger Moore did or Bronson's last few Bond's.

Once Guardians came in, the tone changed to mimic that shyt.
no lies told

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:francis: At this point they should just. Make this into a dope ass. Rated R animated special, series, or movie. Made by a Japanese studio. Like what WB did with the Animatrix. Maybe all them hardcore marvel knight’s characters. Should get the same treatment. Because it’s no way the mcu. Is going to do someone like The Punisher justice.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I hope Marvel changes their thinking once DP3 comes out. I think that's going to surprise a lot of people with how much they make. That's if the movie is good.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I hope Marvel changes their thinking once DP3 comes out. I think that's going to surprise a lot of people with how much they make. That's if the movie is good.
DP2 was absolute shyt... DP1 isn't even on anyone's top comic book movie lists... Unless it's going to outsell the )G-13 ones, we already know what this is... It's damn Disney.. They ain't putting their names on nothing too crazy

They should let Marvel be Marvel, stop including the "Disney" brand (but keep the money) and call it a day. DISNEY is holding this shyt back

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
DP2 was absolute shyt... DP1 isn't even on anyone's top comic book movie lists... Unless it's going to outsell the )G-13 ones, we already know what this is... It's damn Disney.. They ain't putting their names on nothing too crazy

They should let Marvel be Marvel, stop including the "Disney" brand (but keep the money) and call it a day. DISNEY is holding this shyt back

I liked Deadpool 1 and it made Logan go R rated. DP 2 was ok but I don't really have an urge to rewatch it. Both Deadpool movies made ~$780 million. That's more than Thor Love and Thunder. Like I said before I'm mostly excited for the return of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I know I'm not the only one which is why I think it'll make a lot of money.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I liked Deadpool 1 and it made Logan go R rated. DP 2 was ok but I don't really have an urge to rewatch it. Both Deadpool movies made ~$780 million. That's more than Thor Love and Thunder. Like I said before I'm mostly excited for the return of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I know I'm not the only one which is why I think it'll make a lot of money.
Yea but that wasn’t Disney. What Disney did was see all of that success and say “we gonna keep it campy”. They had a chance to go dark with the last two avengers and didn’t.

If we being serious, they really doing this Deadpool as a “get up out of here” movie. Wolverine ain’t gonna be the same guy after this in the MCU. Deadpool won’t be cussing, having sex and then slide into other movies not cussing and keeping it G

So really once they go R with a major character, he’s gonna be his own thing. But who knows. Maybe they grow a pair

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seth Rogan was right

They keep making this shyt for kids when it will make its money regardless if you just do it right

We all know these idiots are trying to shoehorn Young Avengers into the MCU when NO ONE fukkED WITH YOUNG AVENGERS AND YA'LL KNOW IT
I disagree about the young avengers as I like the initial run however they haven’t shown as of yet any compelling reason for me to want them in the Mcu except that I’m a comic fan .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The idea of young avengers is fine tbh, regardless of if anyone asked for it. Black people didn't know what a Wakanda was until 2016 nor who Blade was prior to '98. Nor were comic fans asking for Blade back then, nor GotG a decade ago. My point is, caring what comic fans want is a double edged sword (bc a lot of them ain't shyt) and mainstream audiences are passive participants who go with the flow as long as it looks compelling.

The last point is where the real problem may lie tho, in that how compelling/well received are cassie, katie, riri, kamala, chavez, eli, etc? It was mentioned in another thread the lack of a hero's journey for at least a few of these characters, which may be skipping some important steps that had people feel compelled to follow tony, steve, thor, t'challa, peter, etc.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seth Rogan was right

They keep making this shyt for kids when it will make its money regardless if you just do it right

We all know these idiots are trying to shoehorn Young Avengers into the MCU when NO ONE fukkED WITH YOUNG AVENGERS AND YA'LL KNOW IT
No one fukked with the avengers until the movies and you know that
:sas2:

Plus you get them young and they keep bringing in the money

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Is this the talk you have been wanting them to have? Less sequels, more new characters and a slower release pace?

yes.

And get rid of this corny ass "Guardians" humor that has infected every movie.

It took shyt box office returns for them to see what folks have been saying since Black Widow dropped- their quality has gone down the shytter.