Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I really don’t understand it. Blade should be viewed as a priority, and the character already has proven success. Well actually I do understand it, he’s black so it’s always some funny shyt.:snoop:

They want to create all this bullshyt when you got a character like Blade, who can hold it down while they’re preparing for f4/x-men in the future.
Blade is a black male full of testosterone and works better as a rated R graphic novel… he jut doesn’t fit the direction Disney is going with their Marvel universe. He doesn’t even fit in the universe they got now, and I guess they are just incapable of doing a standane Marvel character.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blade is a black male full of testosterone and works better as a rated R graphic novel… he jut doesn’t fit the direction Disney is going with their Marvel universe. He doesn’t even fit in the universe they got now, and I guess they are just incapable of doing a standane Marvel character.

I think a phase with a legitimate vampire threat to the MCU would have worked if written right.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I agree I can't stand the dude, but he got mad pull in Hollywood, and people like that type of humor he brings in his movies, it's been played out since Blade Tragedy.

You got people saying Snipes is too old to play the part or he had his time already, but as you can see now with Deadpool 3, they got Hugh Jackman and now Patrick Stewart, but nobody says a thing about that. MCU forgot back in 1998 nobody was taking Marvel films seriously until Blade 1 came out. But they can't give the man flowers or acknowledge his contributions like others who have done way less than Snipes since he was the stepping stone.
Reynolds basically just lucked up with Deadpool. Because by his own admission he was doing endless rom coms before that Marvel call.

Same with Chris Evans. So dude needs to be ignored.

As for Blade. As someone else mentioned just make it John Wick with vampires. It's easy. And the only reason they're trying to screw it up is because it's Marvel/Disney and a bossed up Black anti-hero who doesn't play games isn't what they want :mjpls:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Reynolds basically just lucked up with Deadpool. Because by his own admission he was doing endless rom coms before that Marvel call.

Same with Chris Evans. So dude needs to be ignored.

As for Blade. As someone else mentioned just make it John Wick with vampires. It's easy. And the only reason they're trying to screw it up is because it's Marvel/Disney and a bossed up Black anti-hero who doesn't play games isn't what they want :mjpls:

Evans at least has shown range in other films (Puncture, Knives Out). Ryan and his "frat boy humor 24/7" is the absolute worst.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:francis: Like people in this thread already predicted. Either they going to canned this movie. Or add more characters to the film. And name it something completely different. I could be wrong, but I think Mahershala Ali. Presented Feige with the idea for a Blade movie. And Feige got him the ok. But I think Feige ain’t confident, in a Blade movie. Especially if he can’t link it. To the overall story of the multiverse saga. But I also felt that Feige. Wasn’t confident in Black Panther 1. Because that was the 1st Mcu movie. With shytty CGI, and what felt like a rushed ending.

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:francis: Like people in this thread, already ready predicted. Either they going to canned this movie. Or add more characters to the film. And name it something completely different. I could be wrong, but I think Mahershala Ali. Presented Feige with the idea for a Blade movie. And Feige got him the ok. But I think Feige ain’t confident, in a Blade movie. Especially if he can’t link it. To the overall story of the multiverse saga. But I also felt that Feige. Wasn’t confident in Black Panther 1. Because that was the 1st Mcu movie. With shytty CGI, and what felt like a rushed ending.

That's true BP1 took Marvel off guard and exceeded their expectations. You can tell after the first weekend when Marvel was doing promo commercials saying that Black Panther/Wakanda is in Infinity War to capitalize on the success of it.

Marvel was filming Infinity War, Endgame, and BP1 all around the same time. IW, EG got the top-tier A-Team stunt/fight team and A-Team visual effects studios working on those movies. While Black Panther 1 got C-Team stunt/fight team and C-Team visual effects studios.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
One of my major points in my recast T'Challa argument was if you retire the character on impulse... the implication is no more T'Challa until... 2033? Or whenever you reboot the entire mcu. For a character that seemed to have next after Tony Stark, it seemed a bit short-sided to bush him so soon if he was that integral to their big picture plan... assuming there was a plan.

But now you hear more fan grumblings that Marvel just seems to be winging it, on impulse. Even the Blade stuff, for years Snipes updated fans that he'd meet with Marvel with ideas and they'd just hand-waive him away like "we'll get back to you". Ali fresh off a big award win comes to Marvel and all of a sudden their game (to capitalize off the attention).. but it always seemed like a cart before the horse situation.

I'd bet they offered him some race-bent roles on some Wonder Man, Heimdall, or Kang ish but he was like nah. Hell, Blue Marvel and Dr Voodoo collecting dust still. Tho in a fukked up way maybe that's for the better given the current state.

Real Talk!

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:russ: Moon knight was so trash lol. And you had them MCU stans. Eating that shyt up. Oscar Isaac did his thing tho. But they turned my boy Moon Kinight. Into a PG-13 bumbling idiot. Especially after Feige lied, and said the show. Would be more in line with Netflix’s Daredevil. Also who is asking for an Echo, and Agatha show.
moon knight was terrible

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You'd think with the tanking B.O. of Ant Man 3 (preceded by "Love & Thunder" and DS2) they'd have a team huddle and realize the ship has sailed on this type of content. Hopefully Iger pulls Feige down for a 1-on-1 and tells him what time it is- DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.