Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I keep saying it, but I don't think this movie gets made. I think it was a placeholder announcement. They've toyed with it being a series, toyed with introducing Blade's daughter and having her in the main role, thrown the idea that perhaps making it a team-up...They could've did this movie around time of Shang-Chi or Eternals. They didn't even have to tie it into anything...and Shang-Chi was fast tracked.

I think they'll go the X-Men Origins: Magneto route, and morph this into an ensemble - Midnight Sons, Marvel Knights or something of the sort...but in another 2-3 yrs
they had zero plans for this, but Marhershala approached them saying he wanted to play Blade and they fast tracked it. it's obious. nothing about Blade fit into the current MCU. they probably had a meeting with him and pitched some roles and he just said, "nah, i wanna be Blade."

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
they had zero plans for this, but Marhershala approached them saying he wanted to play Blade and they fast tracked it. it's obious. nothing about Blade fit into the current MCU. they probably had a meeting with him and pitched some roles and he just said, "nah, i wanna be Blade."

Blatantly obvious. Otherwise at least Werewolf By Night or some other property by now would have a soft intro into his realm.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Even this just seems like something to cash in for Halloween for Disney. They haven't mentioned a thing about WBN since:francis:
not yet, but i actually think that might be the best thing they've done since Endgame outside of half of Wakanda Forever and Spidey.

like 75% of their planned Disney+ shyt should be changed into a 45 minute "Special Presentation." Heard rumors about Nova and Silver Surfer getting those, and that'd be a great idea. i actually wish D+ had companion pieces to all the movies, where they do like an animated episode of villain backstory, so we don't have to constantly see them wasted on screen. Show me Mandarin's conquests. Show me Gorr fukkin shyt up. Show me the shytty Eternals throughout history. Show me more Kang shyt. etc.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
not yet, but i actually think that might be the best thing they've done since Endgame outside of half of Wakanda Forever and Spidey.

like 75% of their planned Disney+ shyt should be changed into a 45 minute "Special Presentation." Heard rumors about Nova and Silver Surfer getting those, and that'd be a great idea. i actually wish D+ had companion pieces to all the movies, where they do like an animated episode of villain backstory, so we don't have to constantly see them wasted on screen. Show me Mandarin's conquests. Show me Gorr fukkin shyt up. Show me the shytty Eternals throughout history. Show me more Kang shyt. etc.

A 45 minute Norin Radd with Galactus approaching at the end would be SICK

Conz

Superstar
Daps
A 45 minute Norin Radd with Galactus approaching at the end would be SICK
yup, and then you just toss him right into the fire of the movies. no need to waste time with any origin. THAT'S how Disney+ should be used, but they need to keep subscriber count up, so it's gonna be endless shows, even with longer gaps. All that whining aside, i do think some of the future slate is gonna be good. I think Secret Invasion almost has to be the class of the shows, Wonder Man sounds good. Daredevil better be good. I'm in on Ironheart if Sasha Baron Cohen is Mephisto, but then you've got shyt like Echo, Okoye and Agatha Harkness. That's where they went astray. so much shyt you can do, and we gotta waste time with that shyt

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
yup, and then you just toss him right into the fire of the movies. no need to waste time with any origin. THAT'S how Disney+ should be used, but they need to keep subscriber count up, so it's gonna be endless shows, even with longer gaps. All that whining aside, i do think some of the future slate is gonna be good. I think Secret Invasion almost has to be the class of the shows, Wonder Man sounds good. Daredevil better be good. I'm in on Ironheart if Sasha Baron Cohen is Mephisto, but then you've got shyt like Echo, Okoye and Agatha Harkness. That's where they went astray. so much shyt you can do, and we gotta waste time with that shyt
Unfortunately, Echo is now Daredevil & Echo. So either, they're axing Daredevil: Born Again, or giving him 2 shows out the gate. Either way, it means they still have no clue what to do next. And they don't even know the future of Moon Knight

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately, Echo is now Daredevil & Echo. So either, they're axing Daredevil: Born Again, or giving him 2 shows out the gate. Either way, it means they still have no clue what to do next. And they don't even know the future of Moon Knight
they need to condense all of this into Midnight Sons, b/c i want to see Oscar Isaac again, but Moon Knight is a bottom 5 MCU project. i don't care what anyone says. that shyt fukkin sucked. you throw him in a movie and we probably get a lot more good suited action.

Echo seemed like it was just that - a way to appease the "representation" people while basically just giving us Daredevil and Kingpin. now with Born Again being announced with like 18 episodes, we're all gonna get sick of Daredevil. guaranteed.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Looking like post 97 No Limit- just limping the fukk along now.

I did read an article that they're cutting back to increase quality. Yeah, fukking right.

For the love of God, do 45 minute shows or 2 episodes for minor material (or Nova and SS) and soft-shoe them into bigger shyt and get on with X-Men, FF and for fukks sake open up a "Mature/R/Dark" arena.

Make it lower budget and stop rubber stamping PG-13 puzzy material.

I'll keep saying it take some fukkin risk. Gambit like "Sons of Anarchy" or "Renegade" with mutants would be nuts. Put in Mr. Sinister, Marauders. Anything to do something different. Now it's become just a rubber stamp factory with no creativity.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
they need to condense all of this into Midnight Sons, b/c i want to see Oscar Isaac again, but Moon Knight is a bottom 5 MCU project. i don't care what anyone says. that shyt fukkin sucked. you throw him in a movie and we probably get a lot more good suited action.

Echo seemed like it was just that - a way to appease the "representation" people while basically just giving us Daredevil and Kingpin. now with Born Again being announced with like 18 episodes, we're all gonna get sick of Daredevil. guaranteed.

Daredevil is gonna be trash and you and I both know it. Unless it is a 9 episode arc spread over the same year (May and then December).

If Moon Knight was on Netflix rated R it would have been some twisted, psychotic shyt but instead we got that weirdo shyt show.

Ghost Rider, Blade. STOP RE-DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER WITH THE SAME STALE JOKES.

X-Men needs

Dennis Villeneuve
Doug Liman
Joseph Kosinski
Alex Garland

But b/c they stifle creativity we will get something that reeks of mediocrity.

For Blade, why they won't hire actual directors who handle hand-to-hand combat well blows my mind. Passing on the John Wick director or not calling Gareth Evans means all wire work and CGI. How you can make a PG-13 vampire killer movie is all you need to know.

Last edited: