Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeaaaa this news doesn’t inspire confidence

I don’t want to hold it against the director as he only helmed the pilot and the first three episodes (and the 8th I want to say) are the best episodes but Lovecraft Country over all did NOT stick the landing when it was super easy to have done so.

I wonder what the issue was with the original creative team? Blade shouldn’t be super hard to adapt and the funny thing is their allowing Deadpool to remain Rated R so why the fukk not Blade??!?!!?!

Mahershala Ali deserves better

Wait, it's not gonna be Rated R?????

They didn't learn from Blade 3 (which I still refuse to watch today).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:salute:Eman been on his shyt. He’s 100% right on how marvel. Would never do some of the shyt. They done with Blade, and Black Panther. To their other franchises like F4, or Spider-Man. I still can’t believe, we didn’t get a T’challa vs Namor.

They need to stop letting social media drive their decisions.

If the cast wasn't ready to do BP2 without Chadwick, then wait a few more years to do so. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE THE MOVIE AT THE TIME. If the cast didn't want to do it after a few more years, then recast.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

If the cast wasn't ready to do BP2 without Chadwick, then wait a few more years to do so. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE THE MOVIE AT THE TIME. If the cast didn't want to do it after a few more years, then recast.
:yeshrug: It’s over now…at this point it is what it is. If you say recast T’challa. People would think it’s disrespectful to Chadwick’s legacy. And that you don’t want to see BW shine. T’challa been getting shytted on lately in the comics. It’s sad because it is being written by black writers. The best the MCU could’ve done. Was to make a Disney plus show. Showing what happened in Wakanda, after the snap.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

I don't think they were ever going to re-cast no matter how long they waited.

Because the rumor is that they wanted to replace him with Shuri as Black Panther even before he passed. So they wanted him out of the way to hurry up and get to their Black Panther: No Men forever bs :mjgrin:

That's why Coogler originally made Shuri the super smart one even though T'Challa is supposed to be one of the smartest in the MCU from the comics and one of the best fighters in the MCU.

As for the movie, Marvel was probably leaning on him to hurry up and make it so they can make some more money. Regardless of quality.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I could post on this thread forever. But for fans of CBM's, the genre was DEAD in 98. Batman and Robin killed the damn genre, Watching Snipes take a "D" character (when Snipes was like the 3rd biggest Black actor after Denzel and Will Smith) that was rated R and BLACK and became a classic was GOTDAMN miracle. Seeing this fiasco, watered down, CGI PG-13 shyt show of a reboot is going to kill me when it hits.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I could post on this thread forever. But for fans of CBM's, the genre was DEAD in 98. Batman and Robin killed the damn genre, Watching Snipes take a "D" character (when Snipes was like the 3rd biggest Black actor after Denzel and Will Smith) that was rated R and BLACK and became a classic was GOTDAMN miracle. Seeing this fiasco, watered down, CGI PG-13 shyt show of a reboot is going to kill me when it hits.

It's a shame Snipes doesn't get the props he deserves when it comes to Blade. He brought in his stunt/fight team and designed the weapons (Sword & Bladerang, etc.). Blade's coolness and swag are all Snipes; even the original sunglasses that Blade wore were Black Flys, a brand that Snipes wore. On top of that, his star power at the time initially got people in their seats to check the first movie. He was also an executive producer. He would put the other producers, directors, and writers in check. Marvel comics started making the comic version mimic more like the Snipes version.

People are trying to downplay his contributions while they prop up David Goyer. When the first two movies did well, you didn't hear much of Snipes being a method actor and would stay the Blade character during most of the shooting. Kevin Feige was only a producer on the 3rd Blade movie, a tragedy due to Ryan Reynolds and Goyer, but Snipes took the fall for it. Ryan Reynolds has stated he would never want to work with Snipes again. But you see, now Kevin Feige is all over Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool, and this is one of the reasons why Marvel decided to go with a Blade reboot because there were talks between Marvel & Snipes at one point to have him play Blade again.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I keep saying it, but I don't think this movie gets made. I think it was a placeholder announcement. They've toyed with it being a series, toyed with introducing Blade's daughter and having her in the main role, thrown the idea that perhaps making it a team-up...They could've did this movie around time of Shang-Chi or Eternals. They didn't even have to tie it into anything...and Shang-Chi was fast tracked.

I think they'll go the X-Men Origins: Magneto route, and morph this into an ensemble - Midnight Sons, Marvel Knights or something of the sort...but in another 2-3 yrs